Offensive Positivity Thread

AUApostle

Good morning!  We may be down on this season right now, but let's spend a little time being thankful for what we do have!  I'll start first...Seth Williams.  I am thankful we have that guy on Offense!  Offensive MVP?  Yes.

Bo Nix has the potential to be one of the top 5-10 QB's in AU history with good coaching.  By the time he's a Jr/Sr, we'll have long forgotten his Frosh growing pains.

Bo, DJ & Flash will be a legendary trio when all's said & done.

.....all pending certain developments, naturally. 

20 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Bo Nix has the potential to be one of the top 5-10 QB's in AU history with good coaching.  By the time he's a Jr/Sr, we'll have long forgotten his Frosh growing pains.

Bo, DJ & Flash will be a legendary trio when all's said & done.

.....all pending certain developments, naturally. 

Agree but your last statement looks like it could be one of those microscopic disclaimers at the bottom of a television commercial. That fine print says it all. 

23 hours ago, gr82be said:

Agree but your last statement looks like it could be one of those microscopic disclaimers at the bottom of a television commercial. That fine print says it all. 

THERE'S NOTHING FINE PRINT ABOUT MY DISCLAIMER ..... LIKE, AT ALL!!!!!!!!!

All the pieces are there waiting on an offensive line that can run block. With improved line play our offense will put up substantial yards. It feels like all the pieces are there. 

Bo, DJ, Seth, and Schwartz have definitely star potential. We have used the HBacks in the passing game more, and thrown more quick outs and slants. And we have thrown less passes behind the line of scrimmage.

I am amazed at not just the skill level but of the character traits I see building in the team, especially in the defense. Fortitude physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. And of patience growing in players and their families who are waiting their turn to shine. 

The biggest positive on offense this season is that Gus hasn't screwed around with the QB position. Unlike past years where he tried all sorts of stuff at that position, he's made a steadfast decision this season to only play one guy.

25 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

The biggest positive on offense this season is that Gus hasn't screwed around with the QB position. Unlike past years where he tried all sorts of stuff at that position, he's made a steadfast decision this season to only play one guy.

To be fair, he doesn't have (m)any options

57 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

It's easier to do that when you run the backup off. I do agree with the premise though, I never want 2016 Clemson again. 

1 hour ago, TigerTale said:

Yep, come hell or high water he stood by his decision to play only one guy and now that's all he's got.

The receivers are making great efforts at catching the ball with their hands. #5 bodied his first catch against UGA but was conscience to make the remaining catches with his hands or at least try bringing his hands forward. That is an improvement from last year. 

Dj/Shivers/Whitlow all have tremendous potential to be something really special with a some help from the line and play calling.

Nix has a great upside with some coaching. I think he has done well as a freshman in some tough environments. He needs some work on basic mechanics in the off season. Play calling with better route progressions will put him in better situations.

The o-line seems to be playing better with some tweaks. We really need a fantastic pull this recruiting round.

Wide receivers - We have talent, but I don't know if it is position coaching or play calling holding them back. Their open field blocking has improved

Tight ends - We have the size and skill, but don't seem to view them as a viable option in the passing schema for some reason

51 minutes ago, Shad_sensei said:

The receivers are making great efforts at catching the ball with their hands. #5 bodied his first catch against UGA but was conscience to make the remaining catches with his hands or at least try bringing his hands forward. That is an improvement from last year. 

Good pick up.

Bo Nix has potential. There's never a good time to start a freshman QB in this conference with very few exceptions. He looked like a freshman but he had some pretty savvy moments too.

DJ Williams looks like he's going to be a star. Him and Shivers could be an incredible 1-2 punch with proper utilization/blocking. Joiner looks like he's pretty skilled.

Seth Williams may be our best WR ever by the time it's all said and done. Certainly in my lifetime at least. 

Schwartz is going to be a hell of a weapon for us moving forward.

We used the TE a few times this year

Sal Canella has become a pretty reliable target when thrown to. That's a far cry from his initial season.

Stove and Hastings came back from serious injuries.

Our OL's eligibility is expiring in just over a month

Archived