Offensive Positivity Thread

AUApostle

Hey also, we almost won some of those big games and that has to count for something ... unless it doesn’t, I suppose

Our 1s on O can’t got against our 1s on D, if they did can you imagine. You’d think the O would have got better just from going against a defense like we have. It seems we don’t go 1s vs 1s.

1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Offensive positivity eh?

Ok...Let me try...

I’m POSITIVE the offense stinks...does that work? No? Sorry I tried. 

It's positively offensive, that's for sure

Gus has done a wonderful job, considering our schedule. We are still a work in progress, which gives me hope that we are about to turn the corner. These players should be able to execute his stellar game plan, and play calls, eventually. This gives me a great positive attitude, concerning the future of Auburn football, especially on offense. Greene should give him that contract extension, that his agent asked for. I would hate for Arky or some NFL team to yank Gus away from us. The family atmosphere has never been better.  We could have won those close games, so that gives me a great positive attitude about it. Yay! 

8 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Gus has done a wonderful job, considering our schedule. We are still a work in progress, which gives me hope that we are about to turn the corner. These players should be able to execute his stellar game plan, and play calls, eventually. This gives me a great positive attitude, concerning the future of Auburn football, especially on offense. Greene should give him that contract extension, that his agent asked for. I would hate for Arky or some NFL team to yank Gus away from us. The family atmosphere has never been better.  We could have won those close games, so that gives me a great positive attitude about it. Yay! 

Yellow.  The font should be yellow for this post.    The more you know...

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Yellow.  The font should be yellow for this post.    The more you know...

It is "red" for disgust, but here goes...

17 hours ago, Tiger said:

Seth Williams may be our best WR ever by the time it's all said and done. Certainly in my lifetime at least. 

Ahhh .... It's so nice to see really young Auburn fans with such enthusiasm  (Pat - Pat - Pat).  You sound like such a nice kid (although you're making me feel really old).

Perhaps during the off season you can youtube some video of Frank Sanders, Terry Beasley,  Lawyer Tillman, etc.  There's been a lot of great Auburn receivers

21 minutes ago, countoff said:

Ahhh .... It's so nice to see really young Auburn fans with such enthusiasm  (Pat - Pat - Pat).  You sound like such a nice kid (although you're making me feel really old).

Perhaps during the off season you can youtube some video of Frank Sanders, Terry Beasley,  Lawyer Tillman, etc.  There's been a lot of great Auburn receivers

Ahhhhh...    Lawyer Tillman.     Good times.  Good times....      :thumbsup:    

Let's see, Marquis McLain, and Matthew Hill had another excellent spring, and fall camp. Harold Joiner has looked like a real weapon on the two plays per game he gets to play. I was impressed by the package for Gatewood against the likes of Tulane, and Mississippi State. There are still possibly two people left in America who haven't figured out the every time we run the wildcat that we are going to run to the right. How's that for starters?

20 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Let's see, Marquis McLain, and Matthew Hill had another excellent spring, and fall camp. Harold Joiner has looked like a real weapon on the two plays per game he gets to play. I was impressed by the package for Gatewood against the likes of Tulane, and Mississippi State. There are still possibly two people left in America who haven't figured out the every time we run the wildcat that we are going to run to the right. How's that for starters?

Well, not any more.   :slapfh:

3 hours ago, countoff said:

No disrespect to those guys at all as the only one that you named that I was old enough to see and know what I was looking at was Frank Sanders and he was a fantastic WR. 

I think Seth can make a splash in the NFL as long as our offense doesn't ruin him by the time he gets there. If he does it'd put him a cut above Beasley and Tillman IMO as, according to the googles, their NFL careers were not particularly illustrious. That's not to diminish them as college WRs but my statement was more about how Frank Sanders was probably our only WR that had a good career at the next level. I think Seth can potentially have a good career.

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

No disrespect to those guys at all as the only one that you named that I was old enough to see and know what I was looking at was Frank Sanders and he was a fantastic WR. 

I think Seth can make a splash in the NFL as long as our offense doesn't ruin him by the time he gets there. If he does it'd put him a cut above Beasley and Tillman IMO as, according to the googles, their NFL careers were not particularly illustrious. That's not to diminish them as college WRs but my statement was more about how Frank Sanders was probably our only WR that had a good career at the next level. I think Seth can potentially have a good career.

Auburn's actually had a LOT of really good (a few great) WR's over the years.  "Over" utilizing them has rarely been an AU trait.

That said, Lawyer Tillman was the most dangerous & fun (acrobatic) AU receiver that I can recall.  Way, way underrated was Freddy Weygand....a lot of Terry Beasley in him, in more ways than one.  One of the most explosive was Ronney Daniels (if you've never seen the '99 thUga game, I highly recommend you YouTube it!).  

Seth's certainly one of the best, but not head and shoulders above any of those 3, IMO, not to mention Courtney Taylor, Thomas Bailey, Devin Aromoshodu & Ben Obamanu and others already mentioned plus some I'm sure I'm forgetting. 

On 11/21/2019 at 10:27 AM, keesler said:

Yep, come hell or high water he stood by his decision to play only one guy and now that's all he's got.

To be fair, bringing Gatewood into the game to run it up the middle would have been the equivalent of handing the opposing coach a note with the play call written on it. He was better off sticking to one QB.

1 minute ago, murpjf88 said:

To be fair, bringing Gatewood into the game to run it up the middle was the equivalent of handing the opposing coach a note with the play call written on it. He was better off sticking to one QB.

I had to laugh when I saw your avatar posting on a positivity thread. Then I read your post with Eeyore's voice in my head. It made me laugh. Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I had to laugh when I saw your avatar posting on a positivity thread. Then I read your post with Eeyore's voice in my head. It made me laugh. Thanks. 

I’ve been reading his posts in that voice too lol.

Archived