Vs Samford and The Rain

shabby

Should be pouring down all day Saturday. The one game I have tickets for. I really hope fans show up but I feel it's highly doubtful. Anybody else going to the game rain or shine? Any tips for how to stay warm and somewhat dry in a game like this. Someone mentioned that often the empty seats allow those that show up to find dry spots in the stadium. I'm gonna be there against my better instincts. Hope I'm not alone and we can give the players support Saturday. Despite a cold rain

Weather lady said this morning it could rain heavy. Might make a pretty fun and messy game. I just hope it doesnt result in any needles injurys for next weekend. The slick mud is not good for ankles

JHS is built to drain pretty efficiently.  I’d expect a heavy does of the run and a very quick game.  Definitely not ideal for working any kinks out prior to Bama.

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Definitely not ideal for working any kinks out prior to Bama.

I think it will be ideal as Gus can work out all the kinks in our run game, even the WC with Boobee running into a stacked defensive line.  Samford’s defense is he same as Bama’s, they both use 11 players. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Ha! and with most students going home for Thanksgiving you might have 30-40K in attendance at the start.

You might not see a pass thrown after the first quarter, Great game for Gatewood to play...oh wait.

41 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

JHS is built to drain pretty efficiently.  I’d expect a heavy does of the run and a very quick game.  Definitely not ideal for working any kinks out prior to Bama.

Our run game does need some work, especially that up the middle play.  He's about got it figured out.  It's a work in progress, you know?

30 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

I’ll be there

Make sweet memories! So much to love and enjoy even before you enter JH! 

1 hour ago, AUloggerhead said:

Gus's plan be like:  

girl-dominos-fail.gif

That second domino didn't execute. 

44 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Does EVERY SINGLE THREAD have to include Gus bashing?  

34 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Short answer.  Yes

Long answer. Absolutely

• WarTiger changed the title to Vs Samford and The Rain

We have tickets, but I don’t want to sit in the rain.

Normally, I’m that fan who does sit in the rain and stays until the end of the game, even if we are losing because I have a mother’s heart and can not walk out on our team. 

BUT, our family has been battling a cold and I don’t want us to get sick. I am just hoping the forecast changes so I don’t have to be responsible. 😂

3 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Our run game does need some work, especially that up the middle play.  He's about got it figured out.  It's a work in progress, you know?

Unfortunately, the NCAA turned down his request to allow him to use four extra linemen for blocking. 

2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Does EVERY SINGLE THREAD have to include Gus bashing?  

When we hire a new coach, the bashing will subside. Not all at once as our memories will be haunted for a few months, but the bashing will finally disappear.

And the bashing of the new coach can begin .......

Ah just go and enjoy it my friend, a rainy day in JHS is better than most days anywhere else. I always enjoy the games that doesn’t have the crush of the big game crowds anyways. 

24 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

When we hire a new coach, the bashing will subside. Not all at once as our memories will be haunted for a few months, but the bashing will finally disappear.

Well I predict that the bashing of "our new coach" won't finally disappear but will die down until he has a couple of bad losses or hires the "wrong" assistant coach(s), or misses on a great recruit, or, heaven forbid, has a mediocre 6-6 season, etc.  I think he gets a year grace period and that's all.   I remember when some fans were tired of Shug (didn't think he was competitive with Bear), Barfield (nothing needs to be said about him), Dye (who was my favorite but still caught flak), Tot (good on game day but that's all), Tubbs (several ssues including barbecue boys), Chizik (lost control of the players) and now Gus.  Anyone short of a Saban probably won't measure up.  I've learned that to be an Auburn fan you've just to power through it.  War Eagle.

Archived