Home court advantage

bigbird

Agreed! I remember when our gym used to look like that during these early season games. 

I was still a bit disappointed by the crowd at our game against Colgate. The students show up in force and get the place rocking but everywhere outside of the student section is still a little sparse. The announcers during that game talked a little about all the "extras" that Bruce does to build this program and it was a good listen. We are very lucky to have Bruce Pearl as our coach. 

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Agreed! I remember when our gym used to look like that during these early season games. 

I was still a bit disappointed by the crowd at our game against Colgate. The students show up in force and get the place rocking but everywhere outside of the student section is still a little sparse. The announcers during that game talked a little about all the "extras" that Bruce does to build this program and it was a good listen. We are very lucky to have Bruce Pearl as our coach. 

Probably has to do with it being a Monday night and a team most people have likely never heard of. 

15 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Probably has to do with it being a Monday night and a team most people have likely never heard of. 

I'm sure those are valid excuses....and we are light years ahead of where we use to be in terms of turn out for a game against Colgate. But we have a great team coming off a final four appearance so our team is worth going to the game regardless of who we are playing. Students are doing their part....we need the rest of the Auburn community to join in. 

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

I'm sure those are valid excuses....and we are light years ahead of where we use to be in terms of turn out for a game against Colgate. But we have a great team coming off a final four appearance so our team is worth going to the game regardless of who we are playing. Students are doing their part....we need the rest of the Auburn community to join in. 

Too many empty seats, even in SEC games IMO. If I was within driving distance I'd be at every single one tbh I hate seeing the empty seats on TV in our arena -- especially since we have a rock star coach and our players are well worth watching. 

I’d assume those empty seats belong to bham, atl, Montgomery, Columbus residents.  Just far enough away to make missing my that type of game “easier”.

i wish they’d institute some easy phone app where season ticket people can make their seats available for cheap purchase.  Some kind of auburn promoted ticket exchange.  I’ve suggested this each of the last few years.  Allow a season ticket holder to use a portion of the proceeds as a credit to the following years ticket cost.  

I bet unity residents and other nearby residents would snap up a bunch of those tickets.  I would.  I don’t want to buy off stubhub or just show up and hope.

i usually make it to at least 1 game during the Christmas holidays.

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRR GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD That is not a basketball Arena. That is a airport hangar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

14 hours ago, gravejd said:

people havent even come for our nothing games in football this season, I wouldnt expect that type of turnout for basketball until we have individuals the older fanbase starts wanting to come for. Even when we were butt last year, people still wanted to come for...well I dont have to mention the three good folks names. 

They'll definitely start bandwagoning once this team climbs back up to the upper echelon in rankings. 

Archived