chances in the iron bowl?

KnightTiger

first things first get past Samford this week  with no injuries......but looking ahead to the Iron Bowl this will probably be another game where we see a lot of missed calls considering bama is still in contention for the CFP! I think Alabama is gonna most likely try to test our secondary with some deep balls early on to try to boost jones confidence and open up their run game! bamas offenses is a little  similar to LSU's  I think if we go with the 3-1-7 scheme we should be able to give them fits!

on our offensive side of the football I look for Alabama to try to take away  our run game early as well and force bo to do something in the passing game

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not very good. They still have a lot of talent around their young QB. Wouldn’t be the first time they overcame QB woes 

I think it will be a close game for a while. I expect Saban to try and break his receivers on short passes and let them make big plays. bama will be bringing heavy pressure on Nix and I expect us to struggle to establish a run as we have all season. In the end, I think the defense wears out and the offense won't be able to score enough to offset it. Familiar scenario. 

CBS (2:30)+BAMA+Sabin = trouble for AU. I agree will look like UFL, LSU, and UGA except they have an outstanding coach while we have home field. If we play out of the gate like we did with UGA in the fourth then I like our chances. If not, then I dont. 

19 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

think Alabama is gonna most likely try to test our secondary with some deep balls early on to try to boost jones confidence and open up their run game!

I don't. I believe they'll run early and often and do alot of short passes to get their WRs in space to make plays. About like they have all year. On defense I think they'll try to set the edge and bring pressure up the middle at our weakest part of the OL. I don't have a good feeling about this game. Home or not, I'm just not confident in our playcalling. 

Gus seems to live under a lucky star, so no matter how well or poorly Bo plays, no matter how pee wee are the plays called or how awkwardly they're executed, I'm thinking a fluke play anomaly never before seen gives us the win. 

The upside is a win for the good guys and a long squirt in saban's playoff cornflakes. 

The downside is yet another year of Gomer Malzahn as HC.  

25 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I expect it to look nearly identical to the Florida, LSU, and UGA games. 

I do, too. I just can't say enough about the defense keeping it as close as they have. 

I think our D stuffs them big time, DJ has a monster game, and Bo does just enough to give AU the win. No miracle needed this time. 

Can't win if you don't score points. Just that simple. Gonna need more than 14, that's  for certain., 

Unlike the LSU game, where the refs waited until the 2nd quarter to turn a blind eye to holding penalties, they will ignore bamr holding from the opening snap. The television/NCAA/ SEC complex will do all it can to have a 2 SEC teams in the CFP, particularly if one of the two is bamr. 

Well, what about Oregon jumping bamr as PAC 12 champs. The counter to that argument will be bamr beat the team that beat Oregon, and did so at their place.

I think we beat them handily. Unfortunately, that makes Gustav look competent. I’ve never pulled against Auburn, but if it helps get rid of the buffoon quicker....................

I think we have a 50/50 chance. If the offense moves the ball consistently we win by 2 scores. If not, we may lose a close one (like UF, LSU, UGA). I hope Gus has felt the intense  heat this week after that pathetic offensive plan he had against jawja, although I have my doubts.

I like our chances as much as I like the chances of Gus waiving his buyout fee and paying back the university his salary as an apology.

I think our chances are slim to none. Do not see our offense putting up enough points to win. Also, with Gus on the hot seat in this game anything can happen.... but if it is business as usual for Gus I can see the offense not scoring... unfortunately it doesn’t take a great defense to stop our offense. 

I think we have a chance to win but when you have to play a near perfect game on offense it's hard because Gus isn't the master game planner. Carlson needs to good game for sure. Avoiding penalties against Bama will be a challenge as always thanks to what appears to be an uneven playing field with Refs. Having less faith in Gus every game that goes by is tough to swallow. I'm never going to pull against Auburn for any reason and I hope we win by double digits but if we do happen to lose then I hate to say it but I'd just as soon it be a big loss and not a squeaker. Decisions have to be made at some point and I personally like to rip Band-Aids off when the need to come off instead of a slow pull. 

Archived