chances in the iron bowl?

KnightTiger

16 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

Have you forgotten that the Auburn tradition is to make backup QB's look like Heisman contenders? 

And it's not like they are scoring on difficult passes.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama, with a backup qb, is better than UGA.

Doesn't matter who has a good or bad defense, they'll have their greatest day against Auburn. We're the team they get up for, and we're so easy to defend.

Can't say CGM's back is against the wall and the scheme will look better. The guy still thinks his offense and qb handling is great and needs to execute better. 

Some of us are looking for a surprise. I'm not.

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

We should be able to take advantage of their DBs. If Nix can hit his deep throws, Auburn wins. 

Gus has to actually call them first...which hasn’t happened since A&M. 

On 11/22/2019 at 3:16 PM, AuburnTiger4Life said:

This is the worst Bama defense in the Saban era there.

No. 2007 was. 

2007:

Scoring Defense: 27th (22 PPG)

Total Defense: 31st (345.4 YPG)

2019 (currently):

Scoring Defense: 12th (17.5 PPG)

Total Defense: 27th (328.9 YPG)

7 hours ago, Beenjammin said:

Najee... he is not human.  hes a machine... RB and WR and a ninja at that. We should double team him the whole game. I can 100% promise with Mac Jones starting, Najee is gonna be their primary target against us. Mac Jones is not a bad QB either.... Just not much play time. 

They also have one of the best WR’s in the country in Jeudy. He has been a nightmare for everyone. I just don’t have any confidence in GM calling a good game on the O side. I mean let’s be honest, the O stats are only padded against the weak fluky teams on our schedule. If we had any semblance of a capable play caller, even with a true freshman at QB, I think we only have one loss at the most and are in the hunt for a NC. While I like what I’ve seen from DJ Williams, I still do not believe we have a game changing TB. Last 2 we had were Tre Mason and Mike Dyer. Just my thoughts. 

I think we win and it won't even be close. I feel pur defense will stuff them.and believe our offense has all the pieces to put on a show if it all gels like it did 8. the last 20 minutes of the georgia game. 

1 minute ago, shabby said:

I think we win and it won't even be close. I feel pur defense will stuff them.and believe our offense has all the pieces to put on a show if it all gels like it did 8. the last 20 minutes of the georgia game. 

FA94808F-FCEF-4ED5-8E6C-AA23736C312B.jpeg

30 minutes ago, api1957 said:

I’m as confident in Gus as I am about what is happening here...

87039FF6-6D1A-4DA1-B1E0-FB87FFBFAEE5.gif

Dude.

Creepy.......

11 hours ago, steeleagle said:

But by the time the 4th quarter rolls around we can't surge ahead, and then let the D do it's thing.

You didn't watch the Oregon game?

I think it will be another close hard fought game. Throw away the stats. Like Ga this game is a mental thing.  Can Gus quit backing up and be confident in himself and his kids to call a game plan to put em in the best spot to succeed.  Answer so far is no

Will he leave half of his offense on the bench and never use em again cause he has no confidence?  

• WarTiger changed the title to chances in the iron bowl?
On 11/22/2019 at 11:55 AM, Viper said:

bammer 28 AU 21

bammer opened as a 3-point fav. Moved slightly as expected to 3.5.

Over/Under spot on at 49.5.

Did anyone notice the shuffle pass yesterday that turned into a good gainer?? I haven’t seen that play all year.    If someone remembers seeing, I would be happy to know.  I just find it extremely odd that he brings that out against a team like Samford 

24 minutes ago, Viper said:

bammer opened as a 3-point fav. Moved slightly as expected to 3.5.

Over/Under spot on at 49.5.

Man, that under seems pretty generous to me.

16 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Did anyone notice the shuffle pass yesterday that turned into a good gainer?? I haven’t seen that play all year.    If someone remembers seeing, I would be happy to know.  I just find it extremely odd that he brings that out against a team like Samford 

We saw it against Oregon with Shivers but we never pitched it. We haven't seen it since then though.

On 11/22/2019 at 3:08 PM, bigbird said:

There's so much optimism from a lot of y'all. I haven't seen anything in the last two seasons that gives me any confidence we can score enough. I see a 24-10...31-13 type score.

JMO

If your playing it on paper you’re correct. We are hoping for something’s to go our way for once. Only so many things can go wrong before eventually something goes right, or atleast thats what we hope. Maybe have our defense and special teams score a little.

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

It was tried in the Oregon game and Oregon’s DE blew up the play, Bo got outside too quickly and couldn’t make the throw.  He rolled out and made threw his first INT.  13:00 minute mark.

13 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

If your playing it on paper you’re correct. We are hoping for something’s to go our way for once. Only so many things can go wrong before eventually something goes right, or atleast thats what we hope. Maybe have our defense and special teams score a little.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity. We've had tons of opportunities

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity. We've had tons of opportunities

Well ole Bo has 11 games under his belt maybe he is ready to take the next step. The oline has had nearly two seasons under their belt maybe they go out with a bang. I know the defense is going to want it and be ready.

For the first time in my life, I feel nothing for the Iron Bowl.  If we win, at least Bama has no shot at the playoff.  I'm just not one to like the role of spoiler because it means we aren't in the discussion.

If we lose, well, that's become somewhat expected in rivalry games.

Normally a win over Bama would have me running around the house yelling like a mad man.  I'm afraid if it happens this year you'll get little more than frustrated shrug of the shoulders out of me.

On 11/22/2019 at 6:57 PM, Old fan 47 said:

They also have one of the best WR’s in the country in Jeudy. He has been a nightmare for everyone. I just don’t have any confidence in GM calling a good game on the O side. I mean let’s be honest, the O stats are only padded against the weak fluky teams on our schedule. If we had any semblance of a capable play caller, even with a true freshman at QB, I think we only have one loss at the most and are in the hunt for a NC. While I like what I’ve seen from DJ Williams, I still do not believe we have a game changing TB. Last 2 we had were Tre Mason and Mike Dyer. Just my thoughts. 

If Malzahn's offense could manage just one TD per quarter, Auburn would be undefeated. 

Archived