chances in the iron bowl?

KnightTiger

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

For the first time in my life, I feel nothing for the Iron Bowl.  If we win, at least Bama has no shot at the playoff.  I'm just not one to like the role of spoiler because it means we aren't in the discussion.

If we lose, well, that's become somewhat expected in rivalry games.

Normally a win over Bama would have me running around the house yelling like a mad man.  I'm afraid if it happens this year you'll get little more than frustrated shrug of the shoulders out of me.

This is where I’m at. Don’t want to feel this way. Can’t help it. This season feels just like the previous six...disappointing and wondering what could have been.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

This is where I’m at. Don’t want to feel this way. Can’t help it. This season feels just like the previous six...disappointing and wondering what could have been.

If we win I agree it won't be like in 13 or 17 where we move on to the SECCG and have more to play for. This one would leave the worst taste in my mouth with Gustav here because if we win this one there is no excuse for the BS we saw against LSU or thUGA. If our offense had a pulse during those games we'd be at 11-1 likely #3 and one win away from the CFP.

#ButGus. 

22 minutes ago, Scribe Tiger said:

If Malzahn's offense could manage just one TD per quarter, Auburn would be undefeated. 

True enough, but our kicker has really really struggled this year. That is a number of points left on the field each and every game. I still believe we lack an elite complete tailback like we have had in recent years. Then again, elite tailbacks don’t want to leave high school and go right back into a high school offensive scheme. 

I really, really, really want to win for the players sake, especially the senior d linemen that came back.... and I will be screaming for my tigers from beginning to end. But I am not going to lie- I have lost all faith in Gus to win big games so I expect a loss. His offense simply does not work against competent teams.
But I will do my part. War Eagle!!!

10 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

True enough, but our kicker has really really struggled this year. That is a number of points left on the field each and every game. I still believe we lack an elite complete tailback like we have had in recent years. 

Yep. The kicker is struggling, but then again how many of his kicks have been from 47+ yards? 90%? And while I agree we need a true running back, the biggest need is OL. Ours struggle in big games. If I’m being honest they are just downright terrible in the big games.

24 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

True enough, but our kicker has really really struggled this year. That is a number of points left on the field each and every game. I still believe we lack an elite complete tailback like we have had in recent years. Then again, elite tailbacks don’t want to leave high school and go right back into a high school offensive scheme. 

Elite tailback, capable or consistent offensive line, quarterback development, competent passing game, take your pick because it's all in the story of 2019 Auburn Tigers football. 

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

If we win, at least Bama has no shot at the playoff.  I'm just not one to like the role of spoiler because it means we aren't in the discussion.

I’ve got no probs ruining their NC hopes, even if we aren’t in the discussion. Last time that happened was 30 years ago. Yes I know 1989 was much different surrounding the meaning of winning that one, but it also squashed their NC hopes. 

14 minutes ago, Viper said:

I’ve got no probs ruining their NC hopes, even if we aren’t in the discussion. Last time that happened was 30 years ago. Yes I know 1989 was much different surrounding the meaning of winning that one, but it also squashed their NC hopes. 

Oh it won't hurt my feelings to ruin their shot at a title in the least.  I just hate being relegated to a spoiler role.

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh it won't hurt my feelings to ruin their shot at a title in the least.  I just hate being relegated to a spoiler role.

If we knock them out of the playoff hunt, I’ll do much more than a frustrated shrug. No it wouldn’t be sweeter than 2017, but it would be sweeter than 2003, 2006 & 2007 where neither team was even playing for a division title. 

44 minutes ago, Viper said:

So if Bama had beaten Miami in the Sugar Bowl that year would Notre Dame have won the MNC?

30 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

So if Bama had beaten Miami in the Sugar Bowl that year would Notre Dame have won the MNC?

Dunno. Wasn’t the point of bringing it up. Point was...we ruined their NC hopes. 

We will WIN if...…...Gus is kidnapped, and is not able to coach calling incessant running plays that gain 2 yards per play for 3 quarters before deciding to pass to open up the offense in the 4th quarter and we still fall short. 

Honestly, as long as the Visor is calling the plays and running the show, we have a chance but very, very low. Looking forward to a carbon copy postgame comments from the Visor same as the UGA, LSU and FLA games. 

God help us

#1-Don't give up on the running game if the first couple carries don't produce much...it seems in the past we kind of give up on the run and just become one-dimensional....it's a lot easier to win when you can dictate what your opponent can do; 2017, we made Bama (Hurts) one-dimensional....unfortunately for him he was never a starter and Tua took over....

#2-No gaget plays, save those for the piss-ants we play....

#3-'Remember how we got there'....too many times we get in the 'redzone' and we run something that ends of loosing yards and a valuable down....

#4-When the opportunity arises....score TD's and not field goals... 

Beat Bama....

On 11/24/2019 at 2:55 PM, aubaseball said:

Did anyone notice the shuffle pass yesterday that turned into a good gainer?? I haven’t seen that play all year.    If someone remembers seeing, I would be happy to know.  I just find it extremely odd that he brings that out against a team like Samford 

Right. Like the fake field goal against Louisiana Monroe a few years back, leading like 100 to 0. Seems Auburn faked a punt against a lesser light one year also. Malzahn runs those plays in games where he knows if they fail it won't cost him the game.  

On 11/24/2019 at 4:02 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Normally a win over Bama would have me running around the house yelling like a mad man.  I'm afraid if it happens this year you'll get little more than frustrated shrug of the shoulders out of me.

Still doing the frustrated shrug?

On 11/24/2019 at 7:01 PM, Carnell said:

Need to keep it a low scoring game and defense has to contribute 7 to 10 points for us to have a chance.

On your second point, mission accomplished!

15 minutes ago, Viper said:

Still doing the frustrated shrug?

There is video evidence suggesting otherwise considering how that went down.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I was wrong about the outcome and score. I'm thrilled about it.

Right there with you.  But also REALLY glad I took the Money Line!!!!

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I was wrong about the outcome and score. I'm thrilled about it.

I was right about the outcome and the score. I'm thrilled about it :)     Seriously what a freaking great game. Hope Auburn can finish the progression with a bowl game win

Archived