Women’s Basketball

jared52

On 2/16/2020 at 3:47 PM, AU9377 said:

Mark Murphy has a habit of posting the obvious

No doubt.

On 2/16/2020 at 3:47 PM, AU9377 said:

parlaying it as inside info.

Disagree. He's one of the nicest, humblest, non-agenda people I have ever met. I think some may incorrectly interpret the intent that way.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

So... could a 30 point loss at Texas A&M expedite the inevitable?

As some will attest, I'm a constant defender of AU coaches when they show a glimmer of possibilities. Pawloski in baseball, Barbee in men's basketball and now Flo in women's basketball are three that I wanted replaced long before "the inevitable" happened. Chizik's 2012 debacle came on fast, but after that it was also time for him to go. Flo's time should have been up two years ago. Lets hope the axe falls after this season is over, $ or not.

Is it me or is this a large amount of games for a single team to get blown out?

VS.

W - Wofford + 2

L - Old Dominion -11

L - UAB -5
W - ST. Joseph’s +4

L - Middle Tennessee - 23

W - Dayton +4

L - Drake -1

W - S. Alabama +2

L - TCU -15

W - Bethune Cookman +18

W - Jacksonville State +9

L - Vanderbilt -22

L - Arkansas -14

L - Florida -20

L - Alabama -27

L - Georgia -11

W - Ole Miss +16

L - Kentucky -7

L -Mississippi St. -5

W - Vanderbilt +8

L - Alabama-4

L - S. Carolina -26

W - LSU +5

L - Mississippi St. - 7
L - aTm - 30

On 2/18/2020 at 6:01 PM, steeleagle said:

It would be interesting to know how many season ticket holders there actually are in Women's BB? 

I could see her first extension. She got us to 2 NITs and our first NCAA since 2009(7 years ago). 

But the second one was bc she got them back to the NCAAs a second time. But now she is showing a tendency of not doing well in the NCAAs and now again falling back out of contention big time in the SEC.

That's a moving on type of resume to me....8 years now w/ minimal success.

The problem is that the bar is too low.  Getting to the NCAA tournament means little to me if I know we aren't going to be competitive in the tournament.  I have been a season ticket holder for over 10 years.  I believe there are around 2500 season ticket holders.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

As some will attest, I'm a constant defender of AU coaches when they show a glimmer of possibilities. Pawloski in baseball, Barbee in men's basketball and now Flo in women's basketball are three that I wanted replaced long before "the inevitable" happened. Chizik's 2012 debacle came on fast, but after that it was also time for him to go. Flo's time should have been up two years ago. Lets hope the axe falls after this season is over, $ or not.

I completely agree.

On 2/20/2020 at 9:24 AM, ellitor said:

No doubt.

Disagree. He's one of the nicest, humblest, non-agenda people I have ever met. I think some may incorrectly interpret the intent that way.

He is a nice person.  Just don't look for him to take a stand on something.  He will tuck and run if controversy is withing a mile radius.

25 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

He is a nice person.  Just don't look for him to take a stand on something.  He will tuck and run if controversy is withing a mile radius.

That’s fine. I prefer his Style to Marcellos. He’s in good standing with the athletic department. There’s a certain way you have to approach things to stay in good standing with the athletic department to be able to get good info from the inside sometimes.

On 2/15/2020 at 9:30 AM, AU_Tiger_88 said:

I watched part of the game against USCe and it is sad how bad we looked.  I have seen HS teams that would have played better against them.  As far as the recruiting class that she brought in, I believe some of them have already left.  So what is the point in keeping a coach around that keeps us mediocre?  Earlier posters are right, when you have a good entertaining product on the floor people would come.  I remember when we were regularly on the national stage that the place was packed when I was in college. 

I beg to differ.  I've seen mediocre for yrs from the highest paid HC on AU's payroll, and Flo ain't bringing mediocre results >>> they are piss poor.

Time to cut bait AD Greene.

On 2/26/2020 at 12:08 PM, keesler said:

I beg to differ.  I've seen mediocre for yrs from the highest paid HC on AU's payroll, and Flo ain't bringing mediocre results >>> they are piss poor.

Time to cut bait AD Greene.

PREACH!

I know the women haven’t had a great year, but the team certainly finished conference play more competitive than when they started. 

Auburn beat Vandy today 77-67 and plays Arkansas tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, all4AU said:

I know the women haven’t had a great year, but the team certainly finished conference play more competitive than when they started. 

I didn’t even know the tournament started yet. It would’ve been nice if our basketball program promoted it more given the girls have played better lately, especially when Lauren Hansen was in the lineup. I would have watched had I known they were playing today.

31 minutes ago, all4AU said:

Didn't even realize this started today. I remember back when an Auburn/Vanderbilt game would have been a semifinal or finals game. So long ago. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I didn’t even know the tournament started yet. It would’ve been nice if our basketball program promoted it more given the girls have played better lately, especially when Lauren Hansen was in the lineup. I would have watched had I known they were playing today.

Best I could suggest is to keep a check on the AU Athletics site.  Not a lot to promote as AU women have only a 25% SEC win percentage.  The stats today indicate they are about on par with the men as far as free throw skills (56.5% to Vandy 90%).  Appears a major reason for the victory was due to fewer turn overs (15 - 25) and more steals (14 - 9).  Hansen was not listed on the game roster today so may have been sick.  Scheduled to play Arkansas 1:30 tomorrow, SEC network.

I had no idea it had started either. This is the very definition of lack of fan enthusiasm (or interest). Im very much happy we won, still need a change. 

AU played a good game. Hanson is under concussion protocol and didn't make the trip. Howard was 5-7 on threes at one point. This team is finishing strong, with a beat down of Mizzou on the road, a one-point loss to Tennessee and now this win. AU was up 16 with about a minute left but Vandy hit a couple of threes in the final seconds.

AU plays Arky tomorrow at 2 PM on SEC network.

20 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Best I could suggest is to keep a check on the AU Athletics site. 

I do security at all AU Athletic events & venues. It's something I should have been able to come across naturally.

20 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Hansen was not listed on the game roster today so may have been sick

Suffered a chin injury either late in or after the Mizzou game. Since she didn't play yesterday I don't expect her to play again this season given the season is a day to a few days to being over for the team.

AU 68, Arky 90 and that's that for this season. We have one player, Unique Thompson, that would start for Arky. So, we have a plan to get her shots, correct? Not with Coach Flo at the wheel. Thompson got two (2) shots the entire first half. Also we bombed a lot of threes, which makes for long rebounds that Thompson can't get to. She did finish with around 12 pts, 13 rebounds for her 22nd double-double of the season.

Lets hope this modest finish doesn't encourage Green to stick with the status quo for another season. I think we've seen enough. If our young team can get a quality coach on board we may be able to make some noise in the near future but I don't see that happening with Flo at the helm.

Archived