Women’s Basketball

jared52

Looks like Coach Flo is band-aiding all those transfer losses w other JC commitments. She's got her guards for next year it looks like now. 

https://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/njcaa-all-american-guard-signs-with-auburn/article_91faeb52-9fec-5612-82ee-30f6ea942b26.html

Also read she signed another JC player from Georgia, Alycia Reese. Nice story in that her HS playing was interrupted by her having a baby, causing her to sit out, but she still wanted to go to college so she played at a JC.

https://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/basketball/auburn-commit-alycia-reese-embraces-balance-of-motherhood-basketball/article_e7b9f89b-9844-58f5-bde6-14a8c2f91529.html

• 1 month later...

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 4/6/2020 at 9:00 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

In a year or two Mark Campbell would be a solid option to look at if has not moved on. He would be one of many we should look at. great record great resume and because of working with U16 and U17 teams would have contact with some of top players big question mark on him would be how well he would do at a much tougher Div. 1  level in recruiting. 

As others have said we will have Flo at least one maybe two more years because of finances.

I agree.  I just hope we will actually learn something from all of this.  The athletic dept has been raking in well over $100 million a year for a while now.  There is really no reason, other than over spending, that the loss of one season of football would be a seismic event.  I understand the realities of what we do, but I just feel like that reality needs to be checked. Kids may see it as an unbearable thing to endure, but riding a bus every now and then may be necessary.  Playing on a gym floor that is over 4 years old may become the normal thing to do as it once was. Not making the women's basketball coach's contract fully guaranteed is another thing to consider.  After all, where was she going that would pay her near what Auburn is paying her?  Nowhere.  Win an SEC Tournament or regular season championship or make the Sweet 16 and then we can talk about a guaranteed contract.  Just my 2 cents..  War Eagle!

14 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I agree.  I just hope we will actually learn something from all of this.  The athletic dept has been raking in well over $100 million a year for a while now.  There is really no reason, other than over spending, that the loss of one season of football would be a seismic event.  I understand the realities of what we do, but I just feel like that reality needs to be checked. Kids may see it as an unbearable thing to endure, but riding a bus every now and then may be necessary.  Playing on a gym floor that is over 4 years old may become the normal thing to do as it once was. Not making the women's basketball coach's contract fully guaranteed is another thing to consider.  After all, where was she going that would pay her near what Auburn is paying her?  Nowhere.  Win an SEC Tournament or regular season championship or make the Sweet 16 and then we can talk about a guaranteed contract.  Just my 2 cents..  War Eagle!

Win an SEC Tournament or regular season championship or make the Sweet 16 and then we can talk about a guaranteed contract.  Just my 2 cents.. 

This!!

On 7/16/2020 at 10:40 AM, steeleagle said:

Win an SEC Tournament or regular season championship or make the Sweet 16 and then we can talk about a guaranteed contract.  Just my 2 cents.. 

This!!

better chance of winning the lottery, TWICE!!!

Whoa, holy blast of the past. I had forgotten we had a women’s program until I saw this thread revived. Flo has lead us to total non-relevance I suppose. Out of sight out of mind I guess. 

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately, what was once a championship program, and even in hard times a competitive program,  is now a place holder.  We field a team in order to fill the slot on the schedules.  I was a long time season ticket holder.  I decided last year that I couldn't take it any longer.  What was once a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon on campus had become a chore.

I hope that changes again one day.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Unfortunately, what was once a championship program, and even in hard times a competitive program,  is now a place holder.  We field a team in order to fill the slot on the schedules.  I was a long time season ticket holder.  I decided last year that I couldn't take it any longer.  What was once a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon on campus had become a chore.

I hope that changes again one day.

I can imagine. I don't understand AG keeping TWF when he came in. But he did, and then I totally don't understand why he continues to keep her with her record after AG said he wanted to give her more resources to be succesful. 

Please don't tell me it's her buyout cost too. All she has on this team now is one great player and a bunch of transfers and jucos. 

I can forgive a coach for a lot but when at end of last year Coach threw her players under the bus she should have been gone. What top notch player would want to come and play for a coach that does not have your back. Hence the Juco's and transfers.

7 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Are we signing any high school players this week????

@tigerman1186Already did. From earlier today. 2 of the 3 signees were from high school...

AUBURN, Ala. – The Auburn women's basketball team signed three players to National Letters of Intent in the 2021-22 early signing period, head coach Terri Williams-Flournoy announced Wednesday.

The Tigers will welcome Isis Beh (6-3, F, Murray, Utah), Mar'shaun Bostic (5-8, G, Florissant, Mo.) and Rebekah Gordon (6-1, F, New Boston, Ind.) to The Plains beginning in the fall of 2021.

Below is information about the Tigers' three signees:

ISIS BEH
Position: Forward/Center
Height: 6-3
Hometown: Murray, Utah
High School: Murray HS
Previous School: UNLV
Club Team: Salt Lake Metro

Highlights: Played her freshman season at UNLV in 2019-20 … Selected to Mountain West All-Freshman Team … Appeared in 30 games, making one start, averaging 20.8 minutes/game … Averaged 3.6 points, 4.0 rebounds, 0.9 assists per game … Scored season-high 11 points vs. New Mexico; also had a 10-point game in season-high 30 minutes vs. USC … Pulled down 8 rebounds twice (vs. Southern Utah, vs. Pepperdine) … As a high school senior at Murray HS, averaged 15.6 points, 10 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 2.2 blocks and 1.5 steals per game … First-team all-state as a senior … Also played volleyball and was a third-team all-state selection.

Why did you choose Auburn? "I chose Auburn because the coaching staff seems genuine in improving player development on and off the court. Also, the campus is beautiful and is somewhere I can see myself living for the next few years."

Coach Flo on Isis: "Isis joins our team with a great deal of experience from her previous institution where she was named to the conference All-Freshman Team.  This experience will make her adjustment seamless.  As a physical inside player with the ability to also play on the perimeter, Isis will add depth to our roster at the post position.  We are looking forward to her being able to contribute with that versatility."

MAR'SHAUN BOSTIC
Position: Guard
Height: 5-8
Hometown: Florissant, Mo.
High School: Gateway Stem
Club Team: Brad Beal Elite

Highlights: Plays high school basketball for Gateway Stem High School in St. Louis … Ranked 14th in the Prep Girls Hoops Missouri Class of 2021 rankings …  As a junior, averaged 14.1 points, 4.7 rebounds, 6.1 assists and 5.3 steals per game, leading her team to a 19-10 record and the Class 4 district title … Also competes in volleyball and track … Has run a 25.03 in the 200m.

Why did you choose Auburn? "I chose Auburn because not only will I be able to receive a very good education, but I will also be able to play some up-tempo and aggressive basketball while doing so."

Coach Flo on Mar'shaun: "When you talk about bringing someone in who loves defense, Mar'shaun is that player.  She's a long and lanky athlete with a high motor. She will bring a defensive tenacity and aggressive mindset that we just love to see. Her defensive presence will help spark great energy and intensity on the team.  We can't wait to see her in our pressing style of play."

REBEKAH GORDON
Position: Guard/Forward
Height: 6-1
Hometown: New Boston, Ind.
High School: Heritage Hills HS
Club Team: Indiana Elite SWISH/Indiana Flight 17UAA

Highlights: Averaged 16.7 points, 8.8 rebounds, 2.3 steals as a high school junior at Heritage Hills … Was an all-state honorable mention and Indiana Prep Girls Hoops Class 3A 3rd-team selection … Also selected to All-Southwestern Indiana Girls Team … Averaged 16.3 points and 8.1 rebounds as a sophomore … Ranked the No. 24 prospect in Indiana by Prep Girls Hoops … Ranks in the top 10 percent of her class academically … Also competes in volleyball and track & field … Qualified for state tournament in shot put her first year throwing.

Why did you choose Auburn? "I chose Auburn for more than just one reason.  The education at Auburn is at the top of the list.  They have an excellent pre-physical therapy program and have high expectations for academics.  The school has an amazing, supportive and cheerful student body that gives you that small-town college feel.  I also chose Auburn for how kind and supportive their women's basketball program is.  The coaches are so caring and keep up with their future players, even outside of basketball terms.  I am so excited to be a part of this team and be a part of #TeamOfExcellence."

Coach Flo on Rebekah: "Rebekah is a 6-1 guard/forward who is a strong defender and great scorer at multiple levels.  Her quick release will put pressure on the defense and open up the paint for us.  She is one of the top players coming out of Indiana, so we are happy to have someone of her talent join our program and family."

Archived