Auburn vs. Samford Game Thread

abw0004

Lol we shouldn’t have to punt all game against a 5-6 Samford. For **** sake the end of the first quarter will be 7-0 and we’ve generated two turnovers. Pathetic offense.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Garbage offense. badly overthrown balls, miscommunication... I've seen more inspired scrimmages. 

I once took comfort in the fantasy that Gus was hiding his REAL playbook on games like these, purposefully throttling down so as to not give anything away. 

Utter nonsense. This is Gus's offense. In all its glory, against a bad team. 7 pts. 

6 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'm beginning to hate the sugar huddle as bad as I do the wildcat

I bet we use the Wildcat out of the Sugar Huddle with a one-legged running back on the 1st play against Bama.

I find it hard to believe that Kim is the 3rd best guard on the team, especially since we have 10 guard scholarship players in backup roles.

we are in some real trouble next year if that is the case

1 minute ago, AURaptor said:

Garbage offense. badly overthrown balls, miscommunication... I've seen more inspired scrimmages. 

I once took comfort in the fantasy that Gus was hiding his REAL playbook on games like these, purposefully throttling down so as to not give anything away. 

Utter nonsense. This is Gus's offense. In all its glory, against a bad team. 7 pts. 

Take comfort you weren't alone. Many Gus apologists have been running with that excuse for years now

Just now, auburnphan said:

I find it hard to believe that Kim is the 3rd best guard on the team, especially since we have 10 guard scholarship players in backup roles.

He's not

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I don’t see how we win the Iron Bowl with this offense. Defense could hold Bama to 14 and we’d only manage 10 ourselves. 

You're more confident than I am that a +3 gets put on the board at any point.

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

With the talent gap between the teams we should be able to score at will on these guys. 

Not to mention our defense doing their job and forcing multiple turnovers, yet our offense has only 7pts, a blocked FG and a punt to show for it. Just sad. 

4 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I guess the game plan is to keep this close till the 4th so the stadium doesn’t completely empty out.

It was pretty empty at the start though...

Just now, bigbird said:

Anyone want to revisit the Iron bowl thread at halftime? 

Yeah there’s two people who gave me a thumbs down when I made a joke about us not having a chance. I demand the thumbs be redacted. 

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

I bet we use the Wildcat out of the Sugar Huddle with a one-legged running back on the 1st play against Bama.

And run right.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Anyone want to revisit the Iron bowl thread at halftime? 

I haven't seen it yet. Are there people who actually thought we had a chance?

Archived