***Samford Post Game Thread***

GwillMac6

THE LEGEND CONTINUES!!!!!!!!

yutyu.gif

wqw.jpg

What is the status of "Flash"???? Saw where he left after a jet sweep....need him next week....

3 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

What is the status of "Flash"???? Saw where he left after a jet sweep....need him next week....

Came back in after that I saw.

It looks like Gus and Auburn will go another season without a 1000 yard rusher.  It’s going to take something special against uat and in the bowl game. 

33 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Missed most the game how’d we do? Oline block good?

Pass blocking was good. Run blocking left a lot to be desired considering the opponent.

At least our backup QB got some PT and actually got to throw the ball- for 2 TD’s!

It was against Our Lady of the Handicapped Nuns.... you can't draw any conclusions from this game.  It was strictly an opportunity to practice out in the rain and to verify the clock and the scoreboard are working.

Let's see what happens next week.

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

It looks like Gus and Auburn will go another season without a 1000 yard rusher.  It’s going to take something special against uat and in the bowl game. 

Well we have been spreading the love a lot more this year. Moreso after Boobee went down. RBU is definitely back, just wish we had an O-Line with a little push.

One play stuck in my memory. Crappy weather. Nix to Joiner in the flat. Perfect throw. Joiner caught it in stride. TD.

Exact same play against UGA. Auburn in scoring territory. Late 4th quarter. 4th down. Joiner wide open. Nix throws the ball behind Joiner's back. Game over.

I'm glad he completed it this week. I'm hoping that next year he will be able to complete those passes when the game is on the line.

38 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Well we have been spreading the love a lot more this year. Moreso after Boobee went down. RBU is definitely back, just wish we had an O-Line with a little push.

Just for the sake of discussion, not argument, is RBU really back?  To me, the fact that Auburn is in a year 2 or 3 without a premier back committing is troubling.  The horses we have now run hard and play hard, but there's a caliber of back that's been absent on the roster the past few years .

23 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Just for the sake of discussion, not argument, is RBU really back?  To me, the fact that Auburn is in a year 2 or 3 without a premier back committing is troubling.  The horses we have now run hard and play hard, but there's a caliber of back that's been absent on the roster the past few years .

Is Bigsby not a premier back? 247 has him the 31st best player in the country and 5th best RB. That is pretty highly rated.

31 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

We have only seen glimpses of how good D.J. Williams can be. I predict big things from him in the future.

16 minutes ago, nurbis said:

Is Bigsby not a premier back? 247 has him the 31st best player in the country and 5th best RB. That is pretty highly rated.

He very well may be.  Kerryon was the last homerun RB signing in 2015.  Devan Barrett and Martin were also highly rated (top 5 position) but never panned out.  Hopefully Bigsby reverses the drought.

I tell my gma the same thing but I don’t think you’ll ever have a premier type of RB show what makes him that behind a horrible OL. You’ll see flashes, maybe a lot of them, but the way our offense works, I just don’t know how a guy looks like a Tre Mason or Michael Dyer. DJ looks like our best back but I know, at least coming into the UGA game, he had really similar numbers to Boobie’s first few games his FR year. I think we got two very good RBs, one who might be flirting with being great, that are both capped

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

SEC Network just did a whole film study segment on bad (mostly underthrown) Mac Jones passes. Basically telling everyone that he isn’t Tua. Oh boy.... 

You mean the one where Gene Chizik called 21-year-old redshirt sophomore QB Mac Jones a "true freshman"? Yeah, that SEC Now crew showing they're right on top of all the info and insight. 🙄

10 hours ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Dude, we got DJ Williams last year....and I know before us he was an App St 2 star commit, but he was bumped up to a 4 star guy that Bama and several other big teams were after...he is a premier back...and he has shown as much this season. Then we have a commit in Tank Bigsby that will be a stud. I about last year.....didn't have a real premier guy but this season and moving forward I think we have multi-premier backs

Archived