Cord Sandberg

CleCoTiger

I'm on Team Sandberg,  Yes, it was Samford. But Sanderg took advantage of his opportunity and played well.  Nix? We are about to play the 12th game of the year and he still is having freshman issues.  Flame away...

On edit...

I would be on team Joey Gatewood, but he's no longer here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I'm on Team Sandberg,  Yes, it was Samfordberg. But Sanderg took advantage of his opportunity and played well.  Nix? We are about to play the 12th game of the year and he still is having freshman issues.  Flame away...

Sandberg played when the game was in hand, and wasn’t asked to do that much. The rain and wind had also departed when he came in. Sandberg is not better than Nix.

12 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I'm on Team Sandberg,  Yes, it was Samfordberg. But Sanderg took advantage of his opportunity and played well.  Nix? We are about to play the 12th game of the year and he still is having freshman issues.  Flame away...

Well, he is still a freshman. Under the circumstances I think Bo has done as well as can be expected. He should have been in a red shirt situation honestly. 

Cord is great in his role as a backup. I appreciate a guy like him who busts his tail knowing that he will only get to play in situations like today or in an injury situation for the starter. Guys like him are truly "student athletes".

Kinda telling he let Cord throw the ball... even vs samford, even when the game is in hand. Not saying the dude is a superstar or anything buuuuuttttt....

We've had multiple years where the backups under Gus weren't really allowed to throw the ball in clean up duty.

He was a 4 star athlete and played pro ball. I never understood why people looked at him like a he was no good, made no sense. I guess as fans we follow hype more than common sense.

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Backup quarterback is always popular 

True. I only hope if Bo is struggling after 1.5 quarters, Gus gives Cord a reasonable chance. If only 2 - 3 change of pace series

1 minute ago, tomcat said:

True. I only hope if Bo is struggling after 1.5 quarters, Gus gives Cord a reasonable chance. If only 2 - 3 change of pace series

If he didn’t do it with Gatewood while Nix was drowning in the swamp he’s not going to do it against the Turds at home. Our best bet is to send an all out blitz and play some zone. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

If he didn’t do it with Gatewood while Nix was drowning in the swamp he’s not going to do it against the Turds at home. Our best bet is to send an all out blitz and play some zone. 

I’m afraid sad but true...

It was interesting.  Brandon Cox was a while ago....   Like baseball, a lefty does present a little different challenge to a defense.  BUT.....  He did not plant his feet, lol.  Good throw in the endzone though, on a dime.   Let's play that weird offense where you can hike it to any man and put him on the left , booby in the middle and Bo on the right....lol

6 hours ago, alexava said:

We are in trouble if he has to play..

We in trouble now. He seems he’s not going to rattled and he wants to be a coach so he knows the playbook and what his teammates are supposed to do. A leader. He’s probably good at reading defenses. That’s all good stuff. The way people talked down him I thought maybe he threw his arm out playing baseball?

24 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Let’s start Appleton. He made the best throw of the day. And he has a perfect completion percentage 

Auburn’s version of Rudy. All that hard work finally paid off. He was smiling ear to ear after that pass. What a moment for him.

Archived