Cord Sandberg

CleCoTiger

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Let’s not forget Cord is talented. Recruited by us, I think committed to Miss St and would have been a dang good Mullen QB.

This. It’s not like Sandberg is some random frat guy that walked on and got to play yesterday. He’s athletic and skilled enough to be recruited by major D1 schools in football and signed and played in a professional baseball organization. Maybe I’m the outlier, but I think we could win with him as our QB if it came to that. Thrilled that he had his moments yesterday. He’s as good as/better than guys that we’ve started there in the recent past for sure

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

This. It’s not like Sandberg is some random frat guy that walked on and got to play yesterday. He’s athletic and skilled enough to be recruited by major D1 schools in football and signed and played in a professional baseball organization. Maybe I’m the outlier, but I think we could win with him as our QB if it came to that. Thrilled that he had his moments yesterday. He’s as good as/better than guys that we’ve started there in the recent past for sure

If his dad played at Auburn he’d have probably played more.

i predict bo gets hurt and it is cord or the other kid to the rescue. our d hangs tough and we have another of those legend games like punt bama punt or kick six.............remember you heard it here first........unles you talked to miss cleo right after i did..............lol

Wow. Kind of shocked that this is still on the first page with more than a few replies. But what the heck? Team Cord Sandberg...because in big games against top level competition, Bo Nix just isn't yet getting it done.  (I think Bo will be a good one before he's finished at AU. Right now though? Not so much. Appreciate his heart, his desire and all that. Would appreciate a higher completion percentage even more. :) )

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i predict bo gets hurt and it is cord or the other kid to the rescue. our d hangs tough and we have another of those legend games like punt bama punt or kick six.............remember you heard it here first........unles you talked to miss cleo right after i did..............lol

Yep like in Waterboy “You remember the time when Cord Sandberg came in the 2019 Iron Bowl and lit the Bama defense up for 500 yards passing in 2019”, Cross eyed guy “Yeah that was pretty spectacular huhuhuh “

Cord looked very good yesterday. I wish he could have played more, but I am glad he performed well yesterday. I wonder if his arm strength is better than has been reported previously.

18 hours ago, Zeek said:

If he didn’t do it with Gatewood while Nix was drowning in the swamp he’s not going to do it against the Turds at home. Our best bet is to send an all out blitz and play some zone. 

I am hoping that CGM will decide today to let the kids play Saturday. Maybe he or someone on the team can find a way to ignite the "fun" in their football again Saturday. Sad to say so, but it really has to start with CGM as he has to "allow" the team to have fun. Maybe he will look at his contract and realize that he gets paid whether he plays conservative "not to lose" or goes all out with a plan and let's the guys have some fun and not be so damn uptight.

23 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Cord looked very good yesterday. I wish he could have played more, but I am glad he performed well yesterday. I wonder if his arm strength is better than has been reported previously.

I've always wondered about the veracity of those "arm strength" (or lack thereof) claims.  Wasn't he drafted by baseball as an outfielder? An outfielder that can't throw would seem to be not an outfielder. :)

Just now, CleCoTiger said:

I've always wondered about the veracity of those "arm strength" (or lack thereof) claims.  Wasn't he drafted by baseball as an outfielder? An outfielder that can't throw would seem to be not an outfielder. :)

You make perfect sense in my book.  I think if Bo gets injured and Gus does  not try to get too conservative or call really confounding plays that go nowhere, Cord could come in and play a nice game. jmho my friend!

WDE Doc!

12 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

You make perfect sense in my book.  I think if Bo gets injured and Gus does  not try to get too conservative or call really confounding plays that go nowhere, Cord could come in and play a nice game. jmho my friend!

WDE Doc!

WDE!

On 11/23/2019 at 6:16 PM, AUFriction said:

Sandberg played when the game was in hand, and wasn’t asked to do that much. The rain and wind had also departed when he came in. Sandberg is not better than Nix.

Bo pretty much overthrew Shed with the game in hand and I don't think anyone is saying Cord is better than Bo, Mrs. Nix..

4 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Bo pretty much overthrew Shed with the game in hand and I don't think anyone is saying Cord is better than Bo, Mrs. Nix..

Well...not yet. But no one has come straight out and  asked someone to say the wrong QB is in the game. I think Bo will be great, But give me Cord. Bo needs to sit. Win now!

(Mere opinion. Feel free to disagree. I'm not making decisions. The coaches are. And I ain't them.)

On 11/24/2019 at 10:26 AM, fredst said:

The ignorance about this guy is astounding. 

11 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Well...not yet. But no one has come straight out and  asked someone to say the wrong QB is in the game. I think Bo will be great, But give me Cord. Bo needs to sit. Win now!

(Mere opinion. Feel free to disagree. I'm not making decisions. The coaches are. And I ain't them.)

I agree Bo needed to sit for the struggling performances he's had in the losses...but that was before Gatewood left. I've always liked Cord and especially his running ability, but I'm not sure he's to the point of being a 'spark provider' yet.  

Though I'm sure he won't, but I wish Malzahn would start Cord over Bo. I think Cord is ready to step up and take charge in a huge game. He can run and pass very very well.

On 11/23/2019 at 7:43 PM, JDUBB4AU said:

Ole grandad cord . He is the only player on the team with term life insurance 

Hes 24 for crying out loud.. Never understood his age being a big deal. Still a baby to me... Nix is 18 and called a baby and Cord is 24 and called an old man... that s a 6 year spread which is pretty normal college term. 

if 24 is old then im ancient....

50 minutes ago, Beenjammin said:

Hes 24 for crying out loud.. Never understood his age being a big deal. Still a baby to me... Nix is 18 and called a baby and Cord is 24 and called an old man... that s a 6 year spread which is pretty normal college term. 

Yeah. Especially considering that NFL QBs usually don't peak until their late 20s. 

On paper, Sandberg is everything you want. Folks can get thrown off by baseball and the resultant quiet around his 2nd recruitment and that's fine, but the level of shock and derision really makes the fanbase look pretty ignorant on the whole. 

53 minutes ago, Beenjammin said:

Man I am totally trying to get a laugh . Cord is a young man, but he is the oldest player . I’m not sure how long you have been on the board , but do not take anything I say as serious. I literally bring nothing to the board minus bad one liners and endless suggestions of bring turner gill in . 

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Man I am totally trying to get a laugh . Cord is a young man, but he is the oldest player . I’m not sure how long you have been on the board , but do not take anything I say as serious. I literally bring nothing to the board minus bad one liners and endless suggestions of bring turner gill in . 

Hope you know that I saw and appreciated your humor and wasn't directing my above response towards your comments. I do enjoy the old man jokes.

What I've struggled with since the kid old fella got here is folks acting like he's a 2* walk-on or something. 

Archived