Holding against Derrick

tigerman1186

Has there been a holding call on Derrick this year??? It seems he gets hold about every play and I don't recall a penalty being called....hopefully the ref's are waiting to call them this weekend...

I hope he just Nick Fair ... Derrick Browns everyone and not let that stop him

You ain’t seen holding until you see Bammer holding.  Derrick should probably consider greasing himself Saturday before the game.  They gonna double team him, both of them will be holding him and the refs won’t call either one of them.  I think there is an unwritten rule for SEC officials.  When a player is wearing crimson and white it is not possible to hold.  

Refs might make a late holding call on the Tide when we get a sack or tackle for loss.  Even though we will decline penalty they think this sort balances out against the two or three critical holds that will go against us.  Remember the call on Shivers' TD run last year.

7 minutes ago, autan said:

Refs might make a late holding call on the Tide when we get a sack or tackle for loss.  Even though we will decline penalty they think this sort balances out against the two or three critical holds that will go against us.  Remember the call on Shivers' TD run last year.

They did the same thing in the LSU game that allowed LSU to run out the clock.

DerrickBrown.jpg

Everyone: "Absolutely holding!!"

NFL: "Grab the check and the phone. I have my pick!"

They hold him because Brown is a force that they can't block legally. Expect Bama to do the same but more often.

2 hours ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

DerrickBrown.jpg

Everyone: "Absolutely holding!!"

NFL: "Grab the check and the phone. I have my pick!"

They hold him because Brown is a force that they can't block legally. Expect Bama to do the same but more often.

Expect Bama to do the same but more often.... AND GET CALLED FOR IT EVEN LESS

Coynis Miller said on Twitter that the refs said they were too good to get holding calls during the LSU game so they won’t get many calls against Bama either

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:52 PM, tigerman1186 said:

Has there been a holding call on Derrick this year??? It seems he gets hold about every play and I don't recall a penalty being called....hopefully the ref's are waiting to call them this weekend...

Oh sure, they'll call them, against us.

On 11/25/2019 at 9:25 PM, Pedaler said:

If they are not going to call it, it needs to come out of the rule book. Let's just go full WWE

College football is already WWE.

I am hopeful for a well officiated game, but, I am afraid they will be protecting the $ they would almost certainly receive with a Bama win considering the good possibility of UGA getting beaten by LSU.  If Bama and  UGA win, they will have 3 options for 2 spots.  We will see if it is truly all about the $ on Ssturday.

• WarTiger changed the title to Holding against Derrick

The guy that’s behind Derrick is a ridiculous!!  Actually they both are, but he is behind him pulling him back. Notice where the number 5 is. In his hand. Shirt pulled out!! Geez!!  SMH!!!  

To think we have struggled on the O-Line the past couple years. CJB has been teaching how to block all wrong. I guess the refs didn’t send AU the e-mail that said we’re not calling holding anymore.

I’m convinced that when LSU watched tape on that UF game and saw that the refs were letting a lot go. That the topic was brought up that if your getting beat just grab them. Let’s make them make sure the refs are gonna call it before we change. 

The biggest slap in the face to me was the next week. First play of the game DB gets an illegal hands to the face. Which was a horrible call, Because he was strong arming the guy and was pushing his shoulder pad. Regardless for the refs to call that they had to been looking at DB. I just took it as ya were watching you, but we’re still not gonna call a holding against you. 

Archived