Talking QBs & development from the Recruiting Forum

Mikey

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Better than coming here to hand the ball off  and  to throw bubble screens!!! Lol 

I see you haven't been watching the AU games lately. Nix has two 300+ passing yard games this season.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Wasnt one against a horrible Miss St team and the other against a horrible Ole Miss team? I might be wrong 

What does that matter? The statement was made that all he'd do here is bubble screens and handoffs. Obviously false. Did you watch the Georgia game? 30 of 50 for 245 yards passing against a top-level defense. Bubble screens nowhere to be found.

49 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What does that matter? The statement was made that all he'd do here is bubble screens and handoffs. Obviously false. Did you watch the Georgia game? 30 of 50 for 245 yards passing against a top-level defense. Bubble screens nowhere to be found.

And we threw like 7 slants finally. And how many throws to Seth W? 

We've thrown 94 passes in the last 2 games. So you're comment doesn't hold water. Sorry....

It's not throwing the ball that is our problem, as there have been many games of called pass plays. It's the execution and the passing plays called that have kept this offense down.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

That’s a 4.9 YPA. Are you trolling me right now or is that supposed to be an impressive figure? 

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

And we threw like 7 slants finally. And how many throws to Seth W? 

We've thrown 94 passes in the last 2 games. So you're comment doesn't hold water. Sorry....

It's not throwing the ball that is our problem, as there have been many games of called pass plays. It's the execution and the passing plays called that have kept this offense down.

It’s more execution than play calls. Bo isn’t an accurate QB even when trying to dink and dunk he isn’t too accurate. 

32 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

It’s more execution than play calls. Bo isn’t an accurate QB even when trying to dink and dunk he isn’t too accurate. 

His accuracy definitely has to improve. I don't know if he ever had really consistent accuracy. It surely seemed so looking at all his highlights. But, they were highlights and may not have been all there was to see. Obviously, hoping that isn't the case. Time will tell.

13 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I don't know if he ever had really consistent accuracy. It surely seemed so looking at all his highlights. But, they were highlights and may not have been all there was to see

He was always the most accurate QB at every camp he was in going against the nations best QBs. I think the coaching he has gotten at AU has regressed him some.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He was always the most accurate QB at every camp he was in going against the nations best QBs. I think the coaching he has gotten at AU has regressed him some.

At least some of that could be receivers not running precise and crisp routes. Another trademark if this staff. 

I think Bo is a 70% QB without heavy pressure. But if a 280 lb DE is closing in on his blind side he seems to always be throwing awkwardly off the wrong foot. If Bo gains more confidence with his OL I think his numbers greatly improve.  But that may be  just wishful thinking..

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That’s a 4.9 YPA. Are you trolling me right now or is that supposed to be an impressive figure? 

I know how you got that but in order for that to come even close to a meaningful stat you have to include the yards the wr was at with the incompletions. Otherwuse the only stat you can draw from that is ypc at around 8 ypc.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Camps and going live are 2 different animals. He set records in HS but I don’t think he was too accurate then either. He’s just not consistently accurate. It’s not surprising he killed it at camps. If Bo has time he’ll light anyone up

5 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I know how you got that but in order for that to come even close to a meaningful stat you have to include the yards the wr was at with the incompletions. Otherwuse the only stat you can draw from that is ypc at around 8 ypc.

adjusted yards or whatever is more accurate. However, you can still use the number I derived to reinforce the eye test, that we threw a ridiculous amount of short passes. You dont get a number THAT low unless that is the case. But in a vacuum, talking to someone who didnt watch the game, you would use AY/A to help them understand, I guess.

This literally shouldnt be an argument as far as what Mikey was saying, we didnt have a substantial amnt of attempts (e.g a situation other than 3rd and 10 and hoping for the best) past the sticks until the fourth quarter. 

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

No trolling, it's just that the facts clearly refute the "nothing but bubble screens and handoffs" nonsense.

16 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Camps and going live are 2 different animals. He set records in HS but I don’t think he was too accurate then either. He’s just not consistently accurate. It’s not surprising he killed it at camps. If Bo has time he’ll light anyone up

He was very accurate in live games as well. If not I wouldn’t have made the regression statement theory that I did.

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

So ellitor, in your opinion,  is the coaching itself faulty? or is it there is no coaching at all? 

18 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I screamed this for a while as far as going live.....I was given a bunch of reasons why that didn't apply to Bo

On November 22, 2019 at 3:09 PM, ellitor said:

I think the horrible OLine would regress anybody at QB

On 11/23/2019 at 10:46 AM, SumterAubie said:

So ellitor, in your opinion,  is the coaching itself faulty? or is it there is no coaching at all? 

I think it's hard to analyze the offensive assistants one way or the other when you have a HC who micromanages them & their positional duties.

31 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

I think the horrible OLine would regress anybody at QB

Not to the point as has been for Bo missing easy plays when they are there. For all the complaining we can justifiably do about the OL it's mostly for their run blocking. Their pass blocking has been solid to good this season.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He was also the lead or secondary recruiter for the following commits...

Wesley Steiner
JJ Evans
Cohen (for now)
Jernigan
& all e juco OL commits.

Now if his QB coaching can equal his recruiting we might have something

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Now if his QB coaching can equal his recruiting we might have something

Too bad he probably isn't allowed much leeway with Gus.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Too bad he probably isn't allowed much leeway with Gus.

Doubt it. Doesn’t take much leeway to say “hey set your feet more when you pass the ball. You’ll complete a few more passes”

57 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Doubt it. Doesn’t take much leeway to say “hey set your feet more when you pass the ball. You’ll complete a few more passes”

Gus is basically the QB coach. Doesn't matter who the "QB coach" is actually in title. The common denominator in all pocket passers struggles since 2015 is gus.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

I think it's hard to analyze the offensive assistants one way or the other when you have a HC who micromanages them & their positional duties.

Do you have first-hand knowledge of this micromanagement?

Archived