SEC Conspiracy

AUght2win

4 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

His foot was out of bounds when he caught the ball.  It was pretty obvious on all the replay.  Not once during the game did it appear that the refs were trying to influence the game in UAs direction.

You’re dead wrong.  War Eagle tho!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

His foot was out of bounds when he caught the ball.  It was pretty obvious on all the replay.  Not once during the game did it appear that the refs were trying to influence the game in UAs direction.

They mostly called a fair game, I'll give the refs that. However, that call negating Jackson's catch on our first possession was a bad call. I don't know what replay you were looking at but his foot was not out of bounds when he caught the ball.

I have noticed, as many have, that officials are just letting OLinemen hold on every play.  The NCAA needs to change the wording of the rule if they aren’t going to call it as written.  And yes, our guys do it too. 

Just now, Mikey said:

They mostly called a fair game, I'll give the refs that. However, that call negating Jackson's catch on our first possession was a bad call. I don't know what replay you were looking at but his foot was not out of bounds when he caught the ball on my TV screen.

Might want to move the rabbit ears around a little bit in that case.  

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

They blew the whistle late at the end of the half thinking they were helping bama...it backfired when they had no choice but to put a second back.

That could be though sometimes they just do something like that instinctively...and as you note, once they blew the whistle the clock stopped ...but only momentarily for a first down until the ball is spotted.  . What made the difference was the replay.....which meant the clock did not start until the ball was snapped.     

Under the umbrella of playing against Bama, I thought it was as even of a game as we could've asked for. Sure they held some, but I thought that we couldn't have asked for better. Maybe they are tired of Saban erupting on them when things don't go his way. 

What many people failed to notice was that the refs allowed two seconds to run off on the previous first down. We got a first down, and our runner was down with the whistle blown with 20 seconds left. The refs then allowed two more seconds to run off, giving us 18 seconds. 

Saban himself said you need 3 seconds to clock the ball. If they correctly preserved those two seconds, and correctly stopped the clock at 01 second without the need for replay, we would have had 3 seconds and enough time to clock the ball. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

So how does this effect the refs hate Auburn and they will never let us win a close game theory?

You can't reason with those people, Cole. 

We could have had 0 penalties called against us last night, and people would still claim the refs were trying to fix the game in Bama's favor.

8 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Might want to move the rabbit ears around a little bit in that case.  

It was a really close call. If they would have called it a catch on the field, I'm confident that replay would not have overturned the call. That play was more about the call on the field than the replay, IMO.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

It was a really close call. If they would have called it a catch on the field, I'm confident that replay would not have overturned the call. That play was more about the call on the field than the replay, IMO.

It was close, and believe me I wanted it to be ruled a catch as much as anyone.  He did not have possession while inbounds though, unfortunately.

Just now, Barnacle said:

You can't reason with those people, Cole. 

We could have had 0 penalties called against us last night, and people would still claim the refs were trying to fix the game in Bama's favor.

You should see the basketball threads too....we'll literally not work the post or attack the goal sometimes and people will be ready to kill you if you don't go with the refs not giving us free throws routine....it's crazy

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

It was close, and believe me I wanted it to be ruled a catch as much as anyone.  He did not have possession while inbounds though, unfortunately.

If it was ruled a catch on the field, it would have stood. That's all I'm saying. I disagree with you to the extent that I don't believe the replay was definitive. 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You should see the basketball threads too....we'll literally not work the post or attack the goal sometimes and people will be ready to kill you if you don't go with the refs not giving us free throws routine....it's crazy

Yeah I don't know about all that, but what's hilarious to me are the people complaining about Auburn fans not enjoying the win, while simultaneously whining about the refs IN A GAME WE WON!!!

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah I don't know about all that, but what's hilarious to me are the people complaining about Auburn fans not enjoying the win, while simultaneously whining about the refs IN A GAME WE WON!!!

I'm enjoying the win. Who are the Auburn fans not enjoying it? I haven't run across any of those.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I know it would've been pretty easy to let the clock run out and not let us kick that fg....probably wouldn't be second guessed

I think for the most part the refs do a pretty amazing job and often the replay proves it. Sure they miss one from time to time but when it goes your way we understand that they are human. Call ever holding and the game would take nine hours.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Exactly! Still haven't seen anyone not enjoying the win.

50 is going to make posts like that until Gus is fired or retire or however he eventually leaves. There will always be some mysterious fans doing incredulous things

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

I think for the most part the refs do a pretty amazing job and often the replay proves it. Sure they miss one from time to time but when it goes your way we understand that they are human. Call ever holding and the game would take nine hours.

I'm thinking that if they'd call every holding, the holding would stop in short order.

33 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That could be though sometimes they just do something like that instinctively...and as you note, once they blew the whistle the clock stopped ...but only momentarily for a first down until the ball is spotted.  . What made the difference was the replay.....which meant the clock did not start until the ball was snapped.     

Actually, the clock starts on the white hat signal and whistle.  The key was the whistle was the signal to snap the ball.  We practice that.  Everybody knew.  Watch the replay.  The white hat starts his arm motion to start the clock simultaneously with the whistle. The snap was immediate. The white hat didn’t even finish the arm motion.  Well done by the kicking team. 

On 11/25/2019 at 8:18 PM, AUght2win said:

I just want a fair shot at Alabama, but I know full-well that any close calls, weird flags, and replays will go their way. As Marlon said, "It's hard to overcome the opponent and the refs."

The SEC is throwing games. I don't think it's a conspiracy, I think it's common sense.

Boy they really blew this one. Don't they know they missed out on 6 million dollars? They must have known we were onto their little ruse.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:37 AM, AUDevil said:

They blew the whistle late at the end of the half thinking they were helping bama...it backfired when they had no choice but to put a second back.

You're dead wrong. War Eagle tho!

2 hours ago, Auburn02 said:

Boy they really blew this one. Don't they know they missed out on 6 million dollars? They must have known we were onto their little ruse.

Welcome bammer!

Archived