When will it happen?

AUwent

When will it happen?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. I think we will make a head coaching change on December 2, ...

• Past that...oh god.

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Let's call a spade a spade. Recruiting is probably the thing Gus does best but OL crutin def is not part of that. He is getting all these juco guys because the really good to elite high school kids are all turning us down and have been for years.

At this point I’m just happy to see 3-4 Oline guys a class.  Auburn may lose Cohen but I believe in Dilly and Grimey to have more freedom to bring in the guys they want.  I went back the other day and looked and the offensive line will consist of 3&4* recruits next year so there is some talent to work with.  I’m not an expert in Oline coaching but I don’t think Grimes is a bad at development. Time will tell.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

At this point I’m just happy to see 3-4 Oline guys a class.  Auburn may lose Cohen but I believe in Dilly and Grimey to have more freedom to bring in the guys they want.  I went back the other day and looked and the offensive line will consist of 3&4* recruits next year so there is some talent to work with.  I’m not an expert in Oline coaching but I don’t think Grimes is a bad at development. Time will tell.

I am just waiting for Kendall Simmons to be elevated to OL coach and for Grimes to retire.

1 hour ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Auburn actually ranks outside of the top 10 according to many polls. Usually around 13-15.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Ranking-college-footballs-best-jobs-2019-Alabama-Ohio-State-Texas-Georgia-Oklahoma-LSU-Clemson-133938017/#133938017_1

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-all-130-college-football-coaching-jobs-2019

As you can see many consider Oregon for instance to be right there with Auburn in terms of attractiveness. Not all coaches consider Auburn to be a top 10 job.Top 15 though for sure.

Anyway it is just discussions with some friends that have connections still in D1 and friends actually coaching of why Auburn would wait one year to fire Gus and the benefits. If you like it that's cool, if not that is cool. These guys did play at top 10 programs and with or for coaches Auburn would want.

Still not the terrible, unwinnable hellhole that some posters here see us as.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

We can’t be assured but if the other dominoes fall against his way it could very well be a tipping point and the number of years left won’t matter. Sorry I can’t see more than that.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Bama could destroy us tomorrow and Gus still would be here for another year at least because of the buy out. As I’ve told others Leath pretty much took a dump on our football program with Gus’s contract before leaving.

Can you expand on these two a little? It seems the second contradicts the first.

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am just waiting for Kendall Simmons to be elevated to OL coach and for Grimes to retire.

Why would you want someone who's never coached or recruited the position?

14 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Why would you want someone who's never coached or recruited the position?

Like Gus I will take anyone over Grimes. It is not like Gus is going to actually go out and make a Sam Pittman or Robbie Caldwell like hire now is he?! lol.

31 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Still not the terrible, unwinnable hellhole that some posters here see us as.

Still not enough credit as far as I am concerned. Our floor is a top 12 program. Our ceiling is being a top 5 program year in year out with the right hire.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Still not enough credit as far as I am concerned. Our floor is a top 12 program. Our ceiling is being a top 5 program year in year out with the right hire.

247 put us with Michigan, Notre Dame, Miami, Penn State, Texas A&M, Oregon, UCLA and Tennessee. So no, we're not a program that needs to just be content with coaches from local high schools.

BTW, I really can't shake the feeling--going in large part by history--that once Saban retires that they're not going to land the elite coach they think they will. A good coach, absolutely. But I don't think Dabo is anywhere near as sure a thing as purported.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

247 put us with Michigan, Notre Dame, Miami, Penn State, Texas A&M, Oregon, UCLA and Tennessee.

BTW, I really can't shake the feeling--going in large part by history--that once Saban retires that they're not going to land the elite coach they think they will. A good coach, yes. But I don't think Dabo is anywhere near as sure a thing as purported.

Dabo already is the best coach ever for Clemson. Duh. No one else is close. Also no one will ever come close to his legacy at Clemson. He is their bear/saban. If he goes to bama he will only in their eyes be third best no matter what. Clemson can match any offer bama makes. I see no reason for him to leave his post. I agree with you. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

So buyout money is an issue now? Looks like our famous bad duo in the forum were right 

Make no mistake about it. The money is there if the  Influencers want to make a move but they just can’t stomach that kind of money right now apparently.

32 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Can you expand on these two a little? It seems the second contradicts the first.

No and I can’t expand on it. They are not contradictory. The buyout is not the domino I’m referring to.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No and I can’t expand on it. They are not contradictory. The buyout is not the domino I’m referring to.

source.gif

15 minutes ago, AUwent said:

247 put us with Michigan, Notre Dame, Miami, Penn State, Texas A&M, Oregon, UCLA and Tennessee. So no, we're not a program that needs to just be content with coaches from local high schools.

BTW, I really can't shake the feeling--going in large part by history--that once Saban retires that they're not going to land the elite coach they think they will. A good coach, absolutely. But I don't think Dabo is anywhere near as sure a thing as purported.

I agree with you. I have long believed Dabo couldn't coexist in a REC environment given his faith and commitment to integrity.

Be funny to hear Bob Stoops' name circulating again. Or Jon Gruden. 

Just now, ToraGirl said:

I agree with you. I have long believed Dabo couldn't coexist in a REC environment given his faith and commitment to integrity.

You serious, Clark?  IPTAY.

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

You serious, Clark?  IPTAY.

Yes, sir. UA is not his culture match. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/college/2019/09/04/clemson-dabo-swinney-religion-culture

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

hah.  Alrighty then.  Clemson is cheating their asses off.

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

hah.  Alrighty then.  Clemson is cheating their asses off.

Link?

Just now, AUwent said:

Religion isn't a part of UAT?

Under Gene Stallings, if you're talking the real thing, from what Bama fans tell me.

3 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Link to where they're not?

To pull a Mikey, burden's on you to prove it, since you made the claim. 🤣

If you do find something, I would SINCERELY be interested to read it. Heading to bed now...the day we're all waiting for is looming...

😁😁😉😉🍁🍁🦋🦋🙌🙌

22 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I think dabo perfectly leverages the faith and family mantra in crutin. They do it better than us because that is the angle we use. I think Clemson was cheating like crazy to get this run they are on off the ground. They went in to Florida in the early to mid 2010's and pulled some serious talent with little to no cache as a program at that point. Dabo plays the game really well. He learned it under Stallings at bama how the machine works. Now that Clemson is a made man as a program I believe they are just doing run of the mill cheating like any top program does to stay above water. Same as us. Nothing excessive like they were doing earlier in the decade.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think dabo perfectly leverages the faith and family mantra in crutin. They do it better than us because that is the angle we use. I think Clemson was cheating like crazy to get this run they are on off the ground. They went in to Florida in the early to mid 2010's and pulled some serious talent with little to no cache as a program at that point. Dabo plays the game really well. He learned it under Stallings at bama how the machine works. Now that Clemson is a made man as a program I believe they are just doing run of the mill cheating like any top program does to stay above water. Same as us. Nothing excessive like they were doing earlier in the decade.

Sammy Watkins was the one that got the ball rolling for them IMO.

7 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Sammy Watkins was the one that got the ball rolling for them IMO.

Hand me that pin sir!! I am co signing that. Watkins and tahj Boyd saved dabos job. He was coming off a 6-7 season in 2010 when tahj took over as a starter in 2011. I believe they flipped boyd from Rocky top in 2009. He is from Virginia. Another huge crutin win that raised eyebrows.

• 1 month later...

Archived