Men vs Richmond Game Thread

Maverick.AU

22 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Jesus do I remember that one I was driving from Atl to Miami and I had to stop in Lake City Fl to find red neck bar that was located upstairs in a hotel just off I75 to watch it

You have lived a life...

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Auburn has been the SEX Tournament Champions and now they just won Roman Legends Championship. There's a certain innuendo going on here...

If they win the Trojan Invitational it will be the trifecta

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Jesus do I remember that one I was driving from Atl to Miami and I had to stop in Lake City Fl to find red neck bar that was located upstairs in a hotel just off I75 to watch it

I saw it in person....much worse...and nothing is gonna make that one go away...

As bad as our FT were in the first half, FT ended up being how we won.  We made 15 more FT than Richmond and finished the game at 71%.

we forced them to foul us going to the basket.  The fouls difference was 4 but the FT attempt difference was 22.

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

And New Mexico beat Wisconsin in the consolation game so we beat the top 2 teams in the field not named AU!

Yeah good thing we did not have to play University of Auburn!

LOL

1 hour ago, fredst said:

If they win the Trojan Invitational it will be the trifecta

I don't get invited to that one very often.

Image result for sad face gif

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Fit right in, I reckon.

Coach Pearl amazes me with the little adjustments he makes during the game and at half time.  There was a stretch in the 1st half against Richmond where Wiley was getting to the line but Richmond's big center Golden was eating him up when he was isolated on Wiley.  Wiley is a big strong center who bodies other Centers Golden with a combination of drop steps and quick turns to the basket took advantage of this. Two things change and I think both were because of Coach Pearl. One he put Mac in and Mac basically fronted him and kept the ball out of his hands and the other thing is Pearl had his players on O attack Golden so he had to leave early with two fouls.  In the second half Wiley also fronted Golden a good bit I am sure Pearl pointed out to him how effective it was when Mac played against Golden.  In the second half we made a real effort to get the ball inside either to Wiley or by driving that lead to easier baskets and also opened up for easy three's.

I love a coach that see's what is going on and helps his team. Pearl can't shoot the FT's or shoot the 3's but he does make adjustments during the game  to help on both D and O to make us a better Basketball team

8 hours ago, AUBourne said:

Saturday Richmond played Boston College (ACC) without Grant Golden. 

Screenshot_20191201-235627_Google.jpg

This looks good for us. Unfortunately, it looks like Davidson has been struggling since we played them.

On 11/27/2019 at 12:36 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Coach Pearl amazes me with the little adjustments he makes during the game and at half time.  There was a stretch in the 1st half against Richmond where Wiley was getting to the line but Richmond's big center Golden was eating him up when he was isolated on Wiley.  Wiley is a big strong center who bodies other Centers Golden with a combination of drop steps and quick turns to the basket took advantage of this. Two things change and I think both were because of Coach Pearl. One he put Mac in and Mac basically fronted him and kept the ball out of his hands and the other thing is Pearl had his players on O attack Golden so he had to leave early with two fouls.  In the second half Wiley also fronted Golden a good bit I am sure Pearl pointed out to him how effective it was when Mac played against Golden.  In the second half we made a real effort to get the ball inside either to Wiley or by driving that lead to easier baskets and also opened up for easy three's.

I love a coach that see's what is going on and helps his team. Pearl can't shoot the FT's or shoot the 3's but he does make adjustments during the game  to help on both D and O to make us a better Basketball team

That's EXACTLY right, which is what I've been saying the last two years....we don't have the same type of shooters or Chuma to play like last year, and we don't have Harper to attack the basket we have to attack the basket....we're going to have to do something like we did....I'm glad me and coach see it the same

Archived