Seems few think we win Saturday

ChltteTiger

..that very few think we will win Saturday. I think people want to think we could win because of our talent, Bama injuries, Jordan-Hare, yada yada, ,,,,,,

...but Gus

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're assessment is dead wrong, I'm an Auburn man through and through.  Always believe we will kick the Updyke's asses, no matter what anybody else tells me I should think.  Happy Thanksgiving and War Damn Eagle.

14 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

I think you're assessment is dead wrong, I'm an Auburn man through and through.  Always believe we will kick the Updyke's asses, no matter what anybody else tells me I should think.  Happy Thanksgiving and War Damn Eagle.

Did you believe this in 2012

42 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

..that nobody thinks we will win Saturday. I think people want to think we could win because of our talent, Bama injuries, Jordan-Hare, yada yada, ,,,,,,

...but Gus

Lookin for a fight on Thanksgiving eh? 😂

Funny thing is, a lot of Bama fans think they will lose. They are not as cocky as normal it seems. I have no idea what to think.  I hate to say it bc I’ve been very Gus neutral, but I heard an analyst indicate Nick Saban is their advantage 🤮 and he feels they will win. We don’t do well with backup QBs either. I dont remember the year but I was in Jordan Hare the year the Arkansas backup came in and looked like a Heisman candidate.

9 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Funny thing is, a lot of Bama fans think they will lose. They are not as cocky as normal it seems. I have no idea what to think.  I hate to say it bc I’ve been very Gus neutral, but I heard an analyst indicate Nick Saban is their advantage 🤮 and he feels they will win. We don’t do well with backup QBs either. I dont remember the year but I was in Jordan Hare the year the Arkansas backup came in and looked like a Heisman candidate.

Was that Casey Dick?

59 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Yeah, they've been very quiet once Tua went down.  It's been nice actually. Almost like they're normal people now. 🤣

After the 1984 IB loss I will never assume Auburn will win based on anything including a sink hole swallowing the campus in T-town. We can certainly win tomorrow with our defense but we have to win this game by scoring at least 3 TDs. Just not overly confident in that tonight. 

1 hour ago, leglessdan said:

Yeah, they've been very quiet once Tua went down.  It's been nice actually. Almost like they're normal people now. 🤣

If they win Saturday, this will all be over.

I definitely think we win it and I really don’t think it will be that close.  If they had Tua I think they would win it easily but when you structure your whole offense around what your QB can do and then have to put a backup in there and completely change what you are doing it usually doesn’t work out very well. Tua is as accurate with fitting the ball in tight widows as I have ever seen.  You can’t plug another guy in and hope to do what he can do.  I expect them to try to run it and throw short passes to those great receivers they have and hope they can break one.  But our D line is as good as there is, the LBs are solid and the secondary is full of good tacklers.  On the other hand their D has a lot of injuries and young guys that will be playing.  I expect us to be able to run the ball enough to keep the pressure off Bo and if we can minimize the mistakes we can score enough to get the win.  

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

After the 1984 IB loss I will never assume Auburn will win based on anything including a sink hole swallowing the campus in T-town. We can certainly win tomorrow with our defense but we have to win this game by scoring at least 3 TDs. Just not overly confident in that tonight. 

2001 is the one that got me. I talked trash all week and then we got smoked at home by Andrew Zow. SMH

2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

I dont remember the year but I was in Jordan Hare the year the Arkansas backup came in and looked like a Heisman candidate.

It was 2010 and you are spot on. It was a shootout until we got a timely turnover in the 4th and Cam, McCaleb, Dyer, Adams etc. finished the Hogs off.

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

2001 is the one that got me. I talked trash all week and then we got smoked at home by Andrew Zow. SMH

That was a tough one too. We're Auburn, what can we say?

30 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I definitely think we win it and I really don’t think it will be that close.  If they had Tua I think they would win it easily but when you structure your whole offense around what your QB can do and then have to put a backup in there and completely change what you are doing it usually doesn’t work out very well. Tua is as accurate with fitting the ball in tight widows as I have ever seen.  You can’t plug another guy in and hope to do what he can do.  I expect them to try to run it and throw short passes to those great receivers they have and hope they can break one.  But our D line is as good as there is, the LBs are solid and the secondary is full of good tacklers.  On the other hand their D has a lot of injuries and young guys that will be playing.  I expect us to be able to run the ball enough to keep the pressure off Bo and if we can minimize the mistakes we can score enough to get the win.  

I like your optimism. Certainly hope this is what happens Saturday!

37 minutes ago, CodeRocket said:

If they win Saturday, this will all be over.

Heard anything from Yella Fella?

Auburn wins a squeaker because the D finally scores, and plays out of their minds.   Bo will do just enough to keep some drives alive and doesn't turn over the ball.  I think a RB will have to make a couple of 15-20 yard runs (Boobie or DJ) and Gus will have to rotate backs. 

My keys to a win:

1. Make bama defend sideline to sideline

2. Less than 2 TOs

3. Open field tackles, only 1 big play from bama

4. 2 or less trick plays because those kill drives, Gus can't help himself 

5. Carlson must make one more than 42 yds

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Auburn wins a squeaker because the D finally scores, and plays out of their minds.   Bo will do just enough to keep some drives alive and doesn't turn over the ball.  I think a RB will have to make a couple of 15-20 yard runs (Boobie or DJ) and Gus will have to rotate backs. 

My keys to a win:

1. Make bama defend sideline to sideline

2. Less than 2 TOs

3. Open field tackles, only 1 big play from bama

4. 2 or less trick plays because those kill drives, Gus can't help himself 

5. Carlson must make one more than 42 yds

A few of those I just don't see happening especially #4

2 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Was that Casey Dick?

I can’t remember. Seems like the first stringer went down early in the game but not sure what year it was. It does occur to me that Auburn has been Auburn long before anyone ever heard of Gus....losing games we shouldn’t but winning some we should not as well ....those are much more fun.

2 hours ago, weagl1 said:

im not really sure where this logic is coming from davis and dale are reportedly questionable. but id be shocked if saban didn't play both of them for atleast the first half and when was the last time we gashed a bammer team in the iron bowl while saban was there? we may win but to think we are just going to run at will against them with our o-line is laughable as much as it pains me to say it! I hope im eating crow late Saturday evening

Archived