Seems few think we win Saturday

ChltteTiger

20 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

A few of those I just don't see happening especially #4

With our trend of so many '3 and out' against good defenses, we have to limit the stupid mistakes.   We are playing the largest collection of 5 star athletes in the country, we can't shoot ourselves in the foot.

BUT, you are right: it's like telling an addict to lay off drug.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

2001 is the one that got me. I talked trash all week and then we got smoked at home by Andrew Zow. SMH

Yeah Caddy Cracked Clavicle and it was alllll over. Was there in the student section. Not a good time.

My unsolicited, eavesdropped poll while weaving through Walmart this afternoon seems to suggest much confidence in Auburn winning. Not only that we were going to win with or without Tua playing. 

The Bammerham media as usual is plugging Bammer to win in their unofficial poll this morning. 8-2 or so in favor of Bammer.

11 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

I can’t remember. Seems like the first stringer went down early in the game but not sure what year it was. It does occur to me that Auburn has been Auburn long before anyone ever heard of Gus....losing games we shouldn’t but winning some we should not as well ....those are much more fun.

Tyler Wilson

16 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

..that nobody thinks we will win Saturday. I think people want to think we could win because of our talent, Bama injuries, Jordan-Hare, yada yada, ,,,,,,

...but Gus

I think we will win tomorrow. We have a very good team and we're playing at home. So you should change your statement to something different than ""nobody thinks we will win tomorrow". I think we will win tomorrow.

11 hours ago, musicitytiger said:

On a level field, I feel ok.  Have a feeling we’ll have to beat the refs too.  

If that get way, way out of hand it could change things. They let LSU's holding on Brown and Davidson go unchecked. If that happens again it will hurt us. This ref thing is the one thing we cannot control. I think the refs can tilt the field a little and AU still wins. If the refs turn the field on its side there's not much anybody can do.

It will take no turnovers on AU’s part and a couple on Bama’s.   Punting will be a huge factor in the game.    Depending on which Auburn punt coverage team shows up, AU could be in trouble.    

The game will come down to open field tackling.   Auburn is going to have tackle their receivers in space.   

I do not think AU will have success running the ball, so passing by Nix must be better than he did against GA.   If Auburn could run the ball this year, I would say AU has a very good chance to win.  But they can’t so I don’t think they will 

14 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Depending on which Auburn punt coverage team shows up, AU could be in trouble.    

If we give them the opportunity to return a punt, we're even dumber than I thought.

38 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

If we give them the opportunity to return a punt, we're even dumber than I thought.

I'd rather see the defense have to stop them in good field position than Waddle catch a punt.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I think we will win tomorrow. We have a very good team and we're playing at home. So you should change your statement to something different than ""nobody thinks we will win tomorrow". I think we will win tomorrow.

fair enough. changed it.

Unfortunately, I do not like our chances.  I think Bama has the 'rally around' factor going on, trying to prove they can win without Tua. They still have something to prove, and they will come in more fired up than people think. Meanwhile, Auburn has not proven it can move the ball with any consistency all season long against any defenses with a pulse. I think we string together a nice drive or two in the first half and maybe go into the half tied, but the second half Bama pulls away. 31-14.

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Perhaps a “honk if you sacked Mac?” kinda day? 

Would be incredible. 

He's a double edges sword, I think. Either he's going to get going and feed off of the positive emotions, or we get to him and he self destructs.

14 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:
15 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

If they win Saturday, this will all be over.

Heard anything from Yella Fella?

I was referring to the more congenial attitude being exhibited by the tide fans. Sorry to get your hopes up.

13 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Mac Jones is a hot head, and I doubt he's fully ready for this moment. If we can get to him early, I love our chances.

lol he is? He looks like Beaver Cleaver.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah man. Think spoiled brat.

Is he indeed spankable, then? Bring it!

We gave up 24 and put up 20 on the road at the loudest stadium in the conference. 

Bama gave up 45 and (taking away the garbage last second TD) put up 34 at home.

Our Margin was closer than theirs, and we were on the road. And they now don't have a serviceable quarterback. 

I don't see how people think they are going to put up like 3-4 scores on us. LSU has a better offense, and we held them to 24 on the road. Per the accepted rule of thumb, they probably would have put up about 17 on us if we'd had them in JHS. Logically, if Bama had Tua, I'd expect the to score about 14 points against us. While Tua is getting overhyped, Jones, the back-up, is a noticeable falloff in talent. Without Tua, I don't see how they even get to that many.  I think finding 2 tds wins the game for us, which we should be able to do against a much weaker than usual Bama defense. 

Archived