Seems few think we win Saturday

ChltteTiger

45 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Quite frankly, I disagree. If you overplay your backup, your starter may start to feel extra pressure to perform, fearing that they might be benched. If Joey got more reps, Bo may have lost confidence. You want competition in the offseason, but, once you get to your season, you should generally go with your starter. Gus was right to pick Bo. He was right to use Joey situationally. And he was right to stick with Bo when the "using Joey situationally" stuff wasn't working. Sucks that Joey left, but it was always going to happen the second Bo was announced as the starter. His situational plays weren't working all that well, and he was clearly (and rightfully) fading into the background. The only thing it costs us is that we now don't have a capable backup to finish the year. Shouldn't matter though. Today, we have no reason to hold back Bo. This game is more important than any bowl game we're going to play in. 

100% disagree.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Georgia is going to lose to LSU. They’ll have two losses

yes i understand this but they still said a ga win today puts bama out of the cfp. shrugs.

6 hours ago, rexbo said:

I think the key is if the Refs will call holding on their first couple of drives.  If they do then our DL will be able to shut them down.  If not, then their OL will know it's open season and Mac will have all the time in the world to pick us apart, or they can generate a long sustained drive running whenever they want.  If they have one or no offensive holding calls, then Nix will have to be on target with every deep pass...

I have no confidence the refs will call obvious holding against Bama just like they haven't against the other top tier teams we have faced this year.

6 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

I have no confidence the refs will call obvious holding against Bama just like they haven't against the other top tier teams we have faced this year.

Well, they did call the early TD back on them due to holding.  I think that helped a little to give their OL pause. But I certainly saw some missed ones later...

Archived