Iron bowl visitor thread

ellitor

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

sway. My phone turned sway into saw.

That makes more sense. If that game didn't sway him, I question if his heart is really with Auburn and if his heart isn't in it, both he and AU will be better off if he goes elsewhere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Still an AU/ UGA battle but AU took a big swing this past weekend. Quote from James...

“I love Auburn,” Williams said. “I love the coaching staff.”

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Still an AU/ UGA battle but AU took a big swing this past weekend. Quote from James...

Man, this is the dude I’ve been drooling over this cycle. Hope we can somehow pull this one off....

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

That makes more sense. If that game didn't sway him, I question if his heart is really with Auburn and if his heart isn't in it, both he and AU will be better off if he goes elsewhere.

If they know for sure he's a little man slot taker, take +1 on our commit quota, offer him a grey shirt and make sure it's leaked to the press. ;D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, fredst said:

Man, this is the dude I’ve been drooling over this cycle. Hope we can somehow pull this one off....

Rivals says he's in the class of 2021, not this year's cycle. Are they mixed up?

17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Rivals says he's in the class of 2021, not this year's cycle. Are they mixed up?

2021. The class we ALLLLL have been waiting on. We have the best chance we have ever had to get the top 4 players in state. When is the last time that happened for us?

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

2021. The class we ALLLLL have been waiting on. We have the best chance we have ever had to get the top 4 players in state. When is the last time that happened for us?

I haven't even thought about the 2021 class and don't expect to think about it until 2020 is signed up. There was a time when I think I saw on this very board that AU had the top class for 2020. Then the decommits started rolling in and there ya' go. I'll wait for a while on 2021.

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I haven't even thought about the 2021 class and don't expect to think about it until 2020 is signed up. There was a time when I think I saw on this very board that AU had the top class for 2020. Then the decommits started rolling in and there ya' go. I'll wait for a while on 2021.

Simpson was the only one that was shocking to me. That legit came out of nowhere because he was one of the most vocal in recruiting for AU. The other 2 are in extreme bama heavy territories with family members working against us. I guess the LB from Jackson-Olin was  a little shocking as well because that school had been so good to us recently. With early signing period on the 18th and us having most of our class locked up by then why not look ahead to 2021? 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

With early signing period on the 18th and us having most of our class locked up by then why not look ahead to 2021? 

I just like to rest a bit between classes and I doubt that we'll fill all of our slots in the early period anyway.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I just like to rest a bit between classes and I doubt that we'll fill all of our slots in the early period anyway.

lol rest? Are you a coach or analyst that you have not divulged this information to us this whole time? We are just fans! You are something else Mike Mike.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol rest? Are you a coach or analyst that you have not divulged this information to us this whole time? We are just fans! You are something else Mike Mike.

My recruiting year's attention span goes from roughly the end of Auburn's baseball season through signing day. I don't pay much attention to it at other times. "In the spring time a young man's thoughts turn to love". And fishing, horses and other cool stuff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Looks like I’m the one mixed up.Just excited about the thought of a safety that big and physical anchoring our back end I guess. Maybe we can get him to graduate early and come this year; he already looks like a full grown man to me, lol

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

My recruiting year's attention span goes from roughly the end of Auburn's baseball season through signing day. I don't pay much attention to it at other times. "In the spring time a young man's thoughts turn to love". And fishing, horses and other cool stuff.

Add ”turkey hunting” to that list and it’s almost complete 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Going to be hard to beat Clemson for McKinstry.

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Add ”turkey hunting” to that list and it’s almost complete 

There are bamzos in your woods? Do you use a 12 gauge or deer rifle on them? Are there any unusual restrictions? I know a few I'd like to bait up.

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Going to be hard to beat Clemson for McKinstry.

I may have to back track here. Mark Murphy CBed him to AU last Saturday. He's not one to put out a pick unless he's pretty confident.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There are bamzos in your woods? Do you use a 12 gauge or deer rifle on them? Are there any unusual restrictions? I know a few I'd like to bait up.

Just the kind with feathers and spurs. Beards common in both varieties, particularly the female of the Bammer species. No rifles allowed

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, logan adams said:

Didn’t Broderick Jones come on an unofficial visit Iron Bowl weekend?

Yes & UGA game also.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes & UGA game also.

Oh man, hate he had to see that UGA performance in person. Oh well, the Iron Bowl completely overshadows that hopefully.