Official Alabama Game Thread

abw0004

Just now, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Yeah, I think having lower expectations for this game has allowed me to enjoy this a lot better.

I've actually enjoyed all the games after LSU game and the Ole Miss game thread,  at least in terms of getting overly emotional from a negative sense.  

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Yeah, I think having lower expectations for this game has allowed me to enjoy this a lot better.

I thought we had a shot today.  I'm just looking at it from other games we lose.  I thought our own coaching cost us the UF and LSU games.  Not sure I see that today if we were to fall.  Hoping we pull it out though!

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yup.  This is the kind of game that if we were to lose, I can live with it.

Exactly! If we were to play like this when we were at UF, LSU, or UGA, the I could absolutely get behind Gus.

5 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Anyone else thinking that this score is showing a very well-matched pairing today...despite the zebras and the self-inflicted wounds? And legit injuries? Few Auburn games are ever chess matches. The Iron Bowl? Couldn't have predicted it.

I would like for CGM to leave on a high, if and when he does...

Bama has 2 advantages over us. Online and Waddle. We would be blowing them out if not for those 2 factors.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Are our DBs having that bad of a game, or are Bama's receivers just that good? The YAC they are getting is nuts.

Depends on what you consider good when you think about our DBs. UA’s WRs are getting the same catches that Florida’s and LSU’s did, they just aren’t getting the YAC. Does the YAC define the DB?

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Are our DBs having that bad of a game, or are Bama's receivers just that good? The YAC they are getting is nuts.

combo of both.   i think our DB's are the weakest part of the D  and bamas receivers are their best part of their O

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If he maintains his composure the refs don't need to step in. He got baited and reacted.

I never said he didn't pull a boneheaded move. But you are making excuses for the stripes not doing their job. Sideline ref was right there and did nothing to stop the 3 extra players from coming in. What if one of them lost their cool and a full on fight broke out? You still be making excuses then? They failed to do their job, just like you fail to moderate half the time. That is unless it's the opposite of your agenda.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Are our DBs having that bad of a game, or are Bama's receivers just that good?

Yes

Just now, Zeek said:

They have four legitimate NFL talents at receiver and a 2nd-3rd round RB with the best OL money can buy. 

If anything we should be happy we aren't being torched worse. If this were Tua or Jalen we'd be a case of domestic abuse, getting beat up in our own house.

1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

combo of both.   i think our DB's are the weakest part of the D  and bamas receivers are their best part of their O

Their strength against our weakness.

Just now, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

If anything we should be happy we aren't being torched worse. If this were Tua or Jalen we'd be a case of domestic abuse, getting beat up in our own house.

Good point. Although Jones has impressed me. 

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Bama has 2 advantages over us. Online and Waddle. We would be blowing them out if not for those 2 factors.

Yes, but add Tua...without him, evened up some. I'll be honest... I didn't think it would matter....i.e. that we'd be answering...repeatedly... 

Archived