Confused....

musicitytiger

Just now, around4ever said:

Typical from lil nicki!!  He got out coached at the end. 

How is it unfair Nick?  Each team can substitute.  You just forgot to take the returner off the field. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Not a shock he cried long enough till slowed down the hurry up..........nick is starting to look aged.........must be from the brutal schedule they played this season........he's 0 and 2 in the only real games they played all season😂

Gus is lucky Bama bailed him out on the 4th down penalty because his play calling was suspect as usual.  Putting the ball on 3rd down in Witlows hand for some gadget play was awful with the game on the line. 

22 minutes ago, Zeek said:

To think Waddle the one man wrecking machine sealed the game for us 

So we SHOULD call this the Waddle game

Auburn HC Gus Malzahn on the final punt that never happened: “We were trying to keep their punt returner off the field. We put our punter at the X, and we were gonna shift to get a punt without him out there.”

40 minutes ago, HSVWarEagle said:

Lol! I literally just said this to my wife! It was the most heinously brilliant bit of coaching all year.

It all goes back, in my opinion, in that Gus was coaching for his job and THAT'S the Gus I wish we got ALL THE TIME!  He's a freaking mad genius when he's coaching scared!

Don't forget, he did the same type of game substitution in the original "Kick Six" by substituting and preparing for a potential runback by Davis. Give the man credit...both worked and I am glad for him and the Auburn Family! WDE!!

35 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Brought the punter in, they bring in the return team, punter then lines up wide at WR and we get in a regular formation, defense brings defense back on the field, Waddle stayed deep.

I know what they did, I just didn't think that was the intent of doing what he did.

14 minutes ago, auburnphan said:
Auburn HC Gus Malzahn on the final punt that never happened: “We were trying to keep their punt returner off the field. We put our punter at the X, and we were gonna shift to get a punt without him out there.”

There's that "can't outplay them so we must outfox them" Gus that we all know and...

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You’d never give Gus that credit. 

well, since Gus himself said his intent was to get the returner off the field and not draw a penalty, it would make total sense.

4 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

There's that "can't outplay them so we must outfox them" Gus that we all know and...

I am by no means a Gus fan.  If that was his idea or somebody else’s, it was genius.  He wasn’t trying to catch them with too many men, he was trying to get the punt returner off the field.  But, we’ll take the results. 

10 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I think it was a brilliant idea to try to get the returner off the field.  It didn't work but it caused a different consequence and that turned out great for us.

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I am by no means a Gus fan.  If that was his idea or somebody else’s, it was genius.  He wasn’t trying to catch them with too many men, he was trying to get the punt returner off the field.  But, we’ll take the results. 

Yes, I know.  Hence my comment.  Glad it worked out though.

26 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

^^this^^ I’m glad it worked out the way it did, but Gus’ intent was to keep it out of Waddle’s hands. He had no idea it would happen nor was it his plan to catch them with 12 men on the field.

42 minutes ago, around4ever said:

How is it unfair Nick?  Each team can substitute.  You just forgot to take the returner off the field. 

Need the crying jordon face on little Nicky 

7 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Forget A&M

Alabama--the home of the 12th man..

Here's one of them. 🤣 He be cryin' tonight, too. Bwess it.

6Ahd5HU.jpg

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Brought the punter in, they bring in the return team, punter then lines up wide at WR and we get in a regular formation, defense brings defense back on the field, Waddle stayed deep.

It was brilliant 

Archived