Mama Worm

AUght2win

On 12/4/2019 at 9:47 AM, JJB74 said:
  On 12/3/2019 at 11:03 PM, Momma Worm said:

This was forwarded to me.... it’s quiet hilarious to me that whomever you are feels this way! I know your on this forum because I said what I said on here. He doesn’t have to play here so make no mistake about it! It makes the interest of proving you fake aih fans wrong & explore other options ️ Dont ever get it twisted.... if he enters that portal trust he will be picked up ASAP! Watch what you say & who you speak on. & for the record he had 30 plus offers from LSU & Georgia. He could  have gone anywhere! You people are crazy but its only right that we make you a believer! Be careful what you ask for because it may come

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Why do people keep saying this as though it might have anything to do with him leaving? 

Dumbass internet clowns can't even make his mom leave this message board. Why do y'all keep suggesting that they make might make Worm leave Auburn?

Above is the screenshot of the original message of Shaun’s mom responding to the PowerofDixieLand post. That sounds like someone mad and threatening to leave over what they are mad about. Maybe I misinterpreted. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Above is the screenshot of the original message of Shaun’s mom responding to the PowerofDixieLand post. That sounds like someone mad and threatening to leave over what they are mad about. Maybe I misinterpreted. 

He's leaving because he doesn't get to play much here. 

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He's leaving because he doesn't get to play much here. 

Agree. I think we have a lot of talent at that position. Hard for all of those really talented guys to get the carries/PT they want and probably deserve. I hope it works out well for all parties, whatever the outcome

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Agree. I think we have a lot of talent at that position. Hard for all of those really talented guys to get the carries/PT they want and probably deserve. I hope it works out well for all parties, whatever the outcome

The way I look at Worm, he's just a completely different weapon than the other guys that we didn't take advantage of. It's less about taking away their carries and instead more about creating different opportunities for carries. But also somewhat about taking away their carries. Before the IB, for example, nobody would've suggested that Worm should've taken the carry that he scored on. Well, almost nobody. 

And @Gowebb11, I apologize for the way I responded to you. I get upset when I sense certain types of insults to the players. That obviously wasn't your intent and you didn't deserve that from me. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The way I look at Worm, he's just a completely different weapon than the other guys that we didn't take advantage of. It's less about taking away their carries and instead more about creating different opportunities for carries. But also somewhat about taking away their carries. Before the IB, for example, nobody would've suggested that Worm should've taken the carry that he scored on. Well, almost nobody. 

And @Gowebb11, I apologize for the way I responded to you. I get upset when I sense certain types of insults to the players. That obviously wasn't your intent and you didn't deserve that from me. 

My thoughts on him is that he can be an every down back, but not in the version of the offense that Gus ran this year.  He is a power, assignment type back.   He goes full speed to the designed hole.  He is not of the patient, make a read and go, style of back that Gus has been leaning towards.  Now if you put Shivers in Wisconsin's offense I believe he is easily a 2000 yd back and if he were to transfer he should look for that type of offense.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Absolutely no apology necessary. You’re a great poster. Context is sometimes lost on message boards for us all. It is never my intent to insults players or other posters and if I do, I hope someone corrects me. This is one of the last enjoyable boards and we need to challenge each other to keep it that way. War Eagle!

To me he would kill in the Oregon offense. Remember how they had those small, fast guys eating us up early in the game on screens and quick plays? He would absolutely annihilate defenses if used in that capacity. Get him the ball in space and let him go

We absolutely can do that here but Gus insists on pigeonholing players into only doing 1-2 things max, so moving guys around to create mismatches is not something he's shown capable of doing. 

You telling me Worm can't be a current day version of Corey Grant??

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Here are some stats I thought would be useful to bring to the table on the RB usage this season (this only counts run plays, not plays the particular running back was in the game and blocked for a pass play):

Boobie Whitlow:  147 carries, or 12.25 per game (6 receptions not included)

Shaun Shivers:  52 carries, or 4.3 carries per game (4 receptions not included)

DJ Williams:  79 carries, or 6.58 carries per game (5 receptions not included)

Kam Martin:  60 carries, or 5 carries per game (3 receptions not included)

Malik Miller:  12 carries, or 1 carry per game (4 receptions not included)

Harold Joiner:  11 carries, or 0.91 carries per game (6 receptions not included)

MAR:  Injured, out for the season

Judging by this analysis, we have one primary back with even reps behind him with three running backs.  This is common to do however and not out of place.  I think the issue lies where this year everyone demanded we have a running back by committee approach.  We did that, but with too many running backs.  A good rotation would be 3 running backs.  That would give each running back roughly 10 carries per game.  The key will be, who do you leave out?  They are all extremely talented.  Next year we lose at least Kam Martin, but gain 5* Tank Bigsby so we have the same issue next year.

This is a great break down. And the RB by committee approach is a valid reason for the drop in carries. We are spreading it around more and that creates fewer individual chances for players. We can all name about 6 players we want to see get more chances but whose chances do you take away to give other people more? I know i for one DO NOT want to go back to how it was with Kerryon and Pettway. Ran each of those guys into the ground. 

I hope Worm sticks around Auburn cause i think he can help my team win. But i fully expect ATLEAST 1 RB to leave this offseason and maybe 2 will leave. So i understand if Shivers thinks he can get more chances at another school and hold no ill will to any player that decides to transfer out. Auburn tries to sign the best players in the country every single year at every single position so they Auburn has the best chance to be successful. I've got no problem with players doing what ever they think they need to for THEM to be successful. 

16 minutes ago, gravejd said:

This is a great break down. And the RB by committee approach is a valid reason for the drop in carries. We are spreading it around more and that creates fewer individual chances for players. We can all name about 6 players we want to see get more chances but whose chances do you take away to give other people more? I know i for one DO NOT want to go back to how it was with Kerryon and Pettway. Ran each of those guys into the ground. 

I hope Worm sticks around Auburn cause i think he can help my team win. But i fully expect ATLEAST 1 RB to leave this offseason and maybe 2 will leave. So i understand if Shivers thinks he can get more chances at another school and hold no ill will to any player that decides to transfer out. Auburn tries to sign the best players in the country every single year at every single position so they Auburn has the best chance to be successful. I've got no problem with players doing what ever they think they need to for THEM to be successful. 

And I’m pretty sure Tank Bigsby is an early enrollee as well. 

Based on the breakdown above by @abw0004  we are looking at ~30 carries per game for RBs + ~2 catches per game. This isn't an exact number because Boobie missed some games which boosted our other RBs carry totals.

I just do not think that Boobie is so far ahead of the other RBs from a talent perspective that he deserves roughly half of all the RB touches. It's also puzzling that he gets that much work considering Gus has benched a player for far less than fumbling so damn much. 7 fumbles in 2 years that have been shortened by injury is nuts IMO.

This is not to say Boobie is not a good back because he certainly is. But we have other good backs too and they deserve some love as well. Shivers not seeing the field vs UF? C'mon

9 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Based on the breakdown above by @abw0004  we are looking at ~30 carries per game for RBs + ~2 catches per game. This isn't an exact number because Boobie missed some games which boosted our other RBs carry totals.

I just do not think that Boobie is so far ahead of the other RBs from a talent perspective that he deserves roughly half of all the RB touches. It's also puzzling that he gets that much work considering Gus has benched a player for far less than fumbling so damn much. 7 fumbles in 2 years that have been shortened by injury is nuts IMO.

This is not to say Boobie is not a good back because he certainly is. But we have other good backs too and they deserve some love as well. Shivers not seeing the field vs UF? C'mon

There is chatter he may declare like Barber did.  Personally I think he needs to come back to refine his skills just like I think Iggy needs to though.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

There is chatter he may declare like Barber did.  Personally I think he needs to come back to refine his skills just like I think Iggy needs to though.

If a RB has any opportunity to make some money I'm all for it. Their careers are so short, IMO he can continue refining his skills while earning 6-7 figures like Barber did, as you referenced, as opposed to doing it for free at AU. 

If he leaves I think we will be just fine adding Tank and keeping everyone else (hopefully).

15 minutes ago, gravejd said:

My only issue with the above is that fewer chances for one guy is more chances for another. And if the other guy is successful, it might mean more first downs and more chances for everyone. This offense had a loooooooot of three and outs in some big games. That's why I just can't agree that a "redistribution of wealth" would've necessarily been a bad thing.

Also- and this isn't really in response to you, but just me talking out loud- I have no problem with folks saying Boobee or DJ was our best overall back. In fact, I'm not sure I'd disagree with either. But that doesn't mean they were the best back for every play they got the ball on. For example, curious what y'all think Worm could have done with these two runs. Seems to me like they were tailor made for him. We got zero points on the first one. He definitely would've scored on the 2nd one, but we ended up kicking a field goal. All else same, we win the game if the RB finishes the run there.  @mcgufcm

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If a RB has any opportunity to make some money I'm all for it. Their careers are so short, IMO he can continue refining his skills while earning 6-7 figures like Barber did, as you referenced, as opposed to doing it for free at AU. 

If he leaves I think we will be just fine adding Tank and keeping everyone else (hopefully).

1. He improves his draft stock

2. He gets hurt

3. DJ (or even MAR or Tank) overtakes him on the depth chart

Depending on his draft eval and this year's draft class at RB vs next year's, they all seem like roughly equivalent likelihoods. (Actually, with his history, Gus's RB usage and next year's offensive line situation, #2 might be most likely.) Easy math from where I sit. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

1. He improves his draft stock

2. He gets hurt

3. DJ (or even MAR or Tank) overtakes him on the depth chart

Depending on his draft eval and this year's draft class at RB vs next year's, they all seem like roughly equivalent likelihoods. (Actually, with his history, Gus's RB usage and next year's offensive line situation, #2 might be most likely.) Easy math from where I sit. 

Agreed they each could very well happen individually and 2 of those 3 possible scenarios result in him hurting his future earning potential. Barber realized this and Boobie may as well. NFL is preferring their guys to have less and less  mileage on them these days as it is.

Man, RB is such a brutal position.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Agreed they each could very well happen individually and 2 of those 3 possible scenarios result in him hurting his future earning potential. Barber realized this and Boobie may as well. NFL is preferring their guys to have less and less  mileage on them these days as it is.

It really is. Buyer's market for sure. Unless my kid is Saquon Barkley, he's playing a different position. In this hypothetical scenario where I'm the parent of a kid with NFL potential.  

49 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My only issue with the above is that fewer chances for one guy is more chances for another. And if the other guy is successful, it might mean more first downs and more chances for everyone. This offense had a loooooooot of three and outs in some big games. That's why I just can't agree that a "redistribution of wealth" would've necessarily been a bad thing.

Also- and this isn't really in response to you, but just me talking out loud- I have no problem with folks saying Boobee or DJ was our best overall back. In fact, I'm not sure I'd disagree with either. But that doesn't mean they were the best back for every play they got the ball on. For example, curious what y'all think Worm could have done with these two runs. Seems to me like they were tailor made for him. We got zero points on the first one. He definitely would've scored on the 2nd one, but we ended up kicking a field goal. All else same, we win the game if the RB finishes the run there.  @mcgufcm

Well, my first thought is the same now as it was then. Williams didn’t get caught on the second run. He just ran himself out of bounds. Bad finish to a good play. Young guy has to make that guy tackle him. Stay in bounds!!!!!

Agree with you though. Work finishes that run. He doesn’t run out of bounds. Although, I should say. It’s a good hard/decisive cut by Williams. It’s not like he did nothing on the play. 

Second thought, Worm gets tackled on the first run. His issue all year (and last year) is dealing with traffic around his ankles. If fools try to bust him high, he rag dolls them like McKinney. If anyone swipes his legs, he’s done. Based on what I’ve seen from Worm, the DB who went low on DJ in the open field makes the play. 

On 12/1/2019 at 3:41 AM, Momma Worm said:

Im here.... still just replaying the play in my mind🤦🏾‍♀️Thanks guys!  I saw something fly & thought it was the ball... I was thinking he fumbled & that nobody was trying to recover the ball so I was mad & everybody else was happy. I looked at the jumbo tron & realized he scored... me & my momma cried like babies. Its like Ive been battling all year listening to people doubt him & say what he cant do...  all the while trying to make people see that he is beast that was born to do this & I know what he could do...given the opportunity. He got his chance on that one attempt & he has solidified his career for sure! So tonight.... I am proud & if he never plays another down of AU football he will still remain a legend in the history books. His height means nothing to us, only to the non believers! I  know what type of heart he has & his mental toughness to fear no one is like!  I thank you all for your support & for believing in him.... & to the others that watch doubt him day in & day out...  TOLD YOU SO😝

War Damn, regardless of where his career takes him I'll follow his successes. UCF is a great school if for some reason he doesn't stay 😁

41 minutes ago, Tiger said:

And why is that more today than in the past? If you look at a time when to the NFL used RBs heavily some of those guys played for years. 

John Riggins played 15 seasons and his most productive season were seasons 13 and 14 where he averaged between 20-25 carries a game. 

Walter Payton played 13 seasons and his seasons 9-12 we're just as productive as seasons 2-6 while also averaging 20-25 carries a game. 

I just picked these two because they played forever it seemed but the production near the end of their careers was incredible. You just don't see that longetivity anymore and they even get less carries now. It just seems odd. 

12 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Second thought, Worm gets tackled on the first run. His issue all year (and last year) is dealing with traffic around his ankles. If fools try to bust him high, he rag dolls them like McKinney. If anyone swipes his legs, he’s done. Based on what I’ve seen from Worm, the DB who went low on DJ in the open field makes the play. 

Fair enough. I mainly just wanted to let you know the two runs that I was thinking about.

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

And why is that more today than in the past? If you look at a time when to the NFL used RBs heavily some of those guys played for years. 

John Riggins played 15 seasons and his most productive season were seasons 13 and 14 where he averaged between 20-25 carries a game. 

Walter Payton played 13 seasons and his seasons 9-12 we're just as productive as seasons 2-6 while also averaging 20-25 carries a game. 

I just picked these two because they played forever it seemed but the production near the end of their careers was incredible. You just don't see that longetivity anymore and they even get less carries now. It just seems odd. 

My guess is that the athleticism on defense has somewhat caught up to offense and the collisions being sustained are a lot more violent. I haven't thought very deeply on this, though.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My guess is that the athleticism on defense has somewhat caught up to offense and the collisions being sustained are a lot more violent. I haven't thought very deeply on this, though.

I thought about that point but I let the fact that medical procedures are so far advanced now than during that time that that would give the advantage to today's athlete. You're right though, there are BEASTs out there now than have a Butkus attitude with an Mr. Universe body and they can break people. 

Screenshot_20191205-140826~2.png

39 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

You have defined his issues exactly. He goes down relatively easily with a low ankle type tackle.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It really is. Buyer's market for sure. Unless my kid is Saquon Barkley, he's playing a different position. In this hypothetical scenario where I'm the parent of a kid with NFL potential.  

Dude same here. I'm wondering if Kerryon Johnson doesn't regret being a safety. I know Ben Tate had previously said he wished he played DB when he was in HS because of this.

Archived