Bowl Game

thewhiz7

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Betting money says Orlando.

LSU, UGA, and Bama will all be in the NY6.  Potentially UF too.

this is what they were saying on another board. they also said we probably play fleck and minnesota

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone but Wisconsin pleaaaaaase!!!! All I ask. 

57 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I wouldn’t mind an AU-Notre Dame matchup. 

It's about time after all of these years. 

6 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

Gator Bowl vs Michigan would be great.   I agree, no Wisconsin please!

THIS! Want no part of Whisky. Historically, bowl games against them have not work out in our favor. 

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Is there any chance of Auburn playing in the Cotton bowl?

No.  We're the 3rd team in the west standings and there are 2 teams in the east with better conference records who also beat us.   We will be the 6th selected bowl game from the conference.

20 minutes ago, DivisionN said:

Looming over the speculation is the fear that many of our best players will sit the bowl game out, planning their NFL careers.

I'd be shocked if they played.  If I were Gus I would encourage them not to.

Here are our contractual SEC bowl gamesA73932DA-6E7F-4B5B-8770-F8C3BCB26292.jpeg

winner of SEC Championship goes to playoffs (LSU or Georgia). If LSU wins then Sugar bowl gets first dibs on either Georgia, Bama or UF. If Georgia wins then the Sugar will take LSU. 

There are no Guarantees the Orange bowl will take an SEC team. The Problem is they have to take an ACC team (most likely UVA, unless they upset Clemson who would then be knocked out of the playoff race and end up here). Notre Dames, Wisconsin and Minnesota could be candidates as an opponent.

Now according to the contract the Citrus gets to pick since it is “the next highest bowl” so they will have a choice of either Bama or UF who are both 10-2 ( UGA could be here possible as a candidate). Hard to guess, logic says Florida but their fans don’t travel well and the turds fans do.

After the Citrus the remaining bowl games are considered equal and the remaining bowl eligible SEC teams essentially go into a bag, but these bowl games generally go off location and proximity to SEC school for traveling fans. This is really about generating revenue more than the actual match up.  That’s why you see 9-3 teams vs 7-5 or 6-6 teams at these bowls.

16 hours ago, shabby said:

Please please please Citrus with Minnesota

Ha! My youngest daughter is a professor at the university of Minnesota. I am spending the holidays with with her and family. Enjoying the snow and the grandkids. Would love to have them come south over the New Year’s holiday. 

5 hours ago, WarEagle1982 said:

1974 was the last time 

74 gator bowl, what is it that when we played Archie Manning and Ole Miss?

funny I remember that as an exciting game, lots of scoring. My Oh My, how things change.  48-45 War Eagle 

36 minutes ago, JoeinPF said:

74 gator bowl, what is it that when we played Archie Manning and Ole Miss?

funny I remember that as an exciting game, lots of scoring. My Oh My, how things change.  48-45 War Eagle 

'74 Gator was against #11 Texas (AU #6).  AU won 27-3.

The one against Archie was 1/1/71.  AU won 35-28.

3 hours ago, DivisionN said:

Looming over the speculation is the fear that many of our best players will sit the bowl game out, planning their NFL careers.

True...if so, then hoping that for our opponents, as well. Vote for no Wisconsin, too.

Regardless, it will be great extra practice, stipends, and fun travel for the guys.  If they come to Florida I hope it just wasn't like the Penn State vs AU Outback Bowl. In the 90s  That was the rainiest game I've been to besides West Virginia Auburn

I really hope it's the Gator Bowl.  On gut instincts, I bought two 4 packs that they have on sale for $75 ea.  I know the seats will probably be nose bleeds but at least I will have tickets. 

8 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I want Michigan so bad. Gus would do everything in his power to put 50+ on Harbaugh. 

What makes you say Gus wants to hang 50 on Harbaugh?

If our NFL bound players take the day off, might be better to play someone from the Sun Belt.  

18 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

What makes you say Gus wants to hang 50 on Harbaugh?

I was pretty sure that Gus was in the camp that was not happy with Harbaugh's criticism of the conference and summer camps a few summers ago. I may be way off, but I thought u remembered Gus being peeved about it. 

Archived