POST GAME THREAD!!!!

shabby

Boobee had 16 carries for 100+ yds tonight and averaged 7ish yds per carry and it was possibly the quietest performance of his career.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Sucks for you.  Mine's already in the shower getting ready for the best 5 minutes of her weekend.

5 minutes?  ... thats bold talk....

• WarTiger changed the title to POST GAME THREAD!!!!
3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Apparently not required......just have to be ready to snap the ball when the ref sets it ready to play ... and if the defense is still scrambling around with too many guys on the field, that's enough to generate the call.  

Thanks for this because I was wondering about how the call was actually made.

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

😃   yep...it sure is fun to see and I think Gus has spoiled more of Nick's post game afternoons than any current coach.    And I was amazed to see that AU got the call on the play at the end of the half.....Man that's the kind of call that we NEVER get....

Yes things like that make it worth it. The man won 9 games. I said if he got to 9 games I am happy. I am happy. Icing is that substitution trick. Yes that was evil Gus , I like it.

2 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Boobee had 16 carries for 100+ yds tonight and averaged 7ish yds per carry and it was possibly the quietest performance of his career.

Think of what he could do with 2 legs...

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes things like that make it worth it. The man won 9 games. I said if he got to 9 games I am happy. I am happy. Icing is that substitution trick. Yes that was evil Gus , I like it.

I'm certainly not happy about losing to UF, LSU, and UGA in the fashion we did but this at least will salve things a bit.  I'd rather have an off-season stuck knowing Gus is coming back after a win against UA then after a loss.

5 minutes ago, shabby said:

he called the 12 men on the field call unfair LOL

Credit to that back judge for having the nuts to drop that flag, end the game, and make Saban a meme again. 

3 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Think of what he could do with 2 legs...

Yep

Not a bad day by the OL....mostly stoned the bama DL and no sacks ….and only a few TFLs......Not great perhaps,   but good enough to enable the offense to move the ball fairly well when it needed to. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I'm with you @DAG

The best thing was we finally gave the running game a chance to succeed...too many times against them we kind of give up on the run way too early....DJ...Boobie and Worm are 3 tough runners that can give out punishment and take a game over....WDR!!!! Hats off to the Offensive Line... 

Glad everyone is happy about the win but to be clear Gus the driver and I have locked the bus and fair weathers aren’t allowed back on. Gus thanks you for the support though.

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Glad everyone is happy about the win but to be clear Gus the driver and I have locked the bus and fair weathers aren’t allowed back on. Gus thanks you for the support though.

Keep driving! Over those elephants b cause it's been bumpy I'm sure

Memes aside this was one of the wildest games I've ever seen. I counted 3 ties and 10 lead changes.

8 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Don’t want back on.  I’ll give him credit for a pretty good game, but still made some boneheaded calls.  The last decision on the punt was genius whether it was his or not.  

OK. Only because it annoyed me all game, somebody better than me needs to make a GIF of Waddle’s little post TD pose with arms crossed staring at the stands along side the flag for 12 men on the field, and along side fans storming the field, and the scoreboard. Something creative. PLEASE?!?  Someone do it!!!

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Don’t want back on.  I’ll give him credit for a pretty good game, but still made some boneheaded calls.  The last decision on the punt was genius whether it was his or not.  

He had some great “decisions” in the 2017 uga and bama games. We just want to see this on a game to game basis, not just when your back is against the wall

1 hour ago, shabby said:

twitter reporting  Saban calls Malzahn’s substitution trick at the end of the game “unfair”

waaaaahhhhhhh

It's unfair for us to go for it on four down? Okay, yea right. I hope he chokes on a Little Debbie like he did tonight.

Archived