POST GAME THREAD!!!!

shabby

America salutes you AU players for removing the bama threat from Playoff contention.   

At least temporarily this seems to open the door for Utah and Oklahoma …if they can "earn the right....   I'm happy...:party:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tigerman1186 said:

It opens up Georgia opportunity to make the final 4....

Not after LSU claps their a** cheeks 

4 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

It opens up Georgia opportunity to make the final 4....

Opportunity is there. Until they get smoked by LSU next week.

I’m LMAO at some these Bama comments. They got some serious Stockholm Syndrome playing at JH and especially against Gus

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I’m LMAO at some these Bama comments. They got some serious Stockholm Syndrome playing at JH and especially against Gus

Share the best nuggets you've came across?

So now that I'm starting to reflect, here's my thoughts:

1) It's so weird to say considering the final score, but we don't win that game with the D making monster plays, particularly the pick 6s.  Just a really weird game.

2) Didn't think the offensive gameplan was stellar, but it was by far better than what we've implemented during other big games this year.  Was especially happy to see some adjustments after Schwartz went down.  How bout that arrow route to Boobee out of the backfield?!

3) Ahem.....GIVE WORM THE DAMN BALL MORE!

4) Anders freaking Carlson!  Monster game from him.

5) Gus, tip of the cap tonight.  You completely outfoxed Saban at the end and had the team ready to play.  I'm still not on the bus because I need to see this more consistently.  However, I do feel that tonight was a big step in the right direction.  Now go win the bowl game and don't be satisfied with just this.

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

So now that I'm starting to reflect, here's my thoughts:

1) It's so weird to say considering the final score, but we don't win that game with the D making monster plays, particularly the pick 6s.  Just a really weird game.

2) Didn't think the offensive gameplan was stellar, but it was by far better than what we've implemented during other big games this year.  Was especially happy to see some adjustments after Schwartz went down.  How bout that arrow route to Boobee out of the backfield?!

3) Ahem.....GIVE WORM THE DAMN BALL MORE!

4) Anders freaking Carlson!  Monster game from him.

5) Gus, tip of the cap tonight.  You completely outfoxed Saban at the end and had the team ready to play.  I'm still not on the bus because I need to see this more consistently.  However, I do feel that tonight was a big step in the right direction.  Now go win the bowl game and don't be satisfied with just this.

If Carlson had a mental block before this game they have to be gone now. To perform like THAT in this of all games is insane. I did notice we made a conscious effort to run the ball to the middle of the field before his kicks. 

9 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Share the best nuggets you've came across?

“ there are two black mark on Saban’s Golden record: the inability to recruit a kicker and the fact that he can’t beat Gus when he has a team with a pulse. He needs to spend the off season hiring analysts who know how to defend his offense because Gus owns him.”

LMAO

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

Glad everyone is happy about the win but to be clear Gus the driver and I have locked the bus and fair weathers aren’t allowed back on. Gus thanks you for the support though.

Great win. The dumb calls for the wildcat didn't cost us, but could have. Gus didn't make as many tonight, because he was coaching for his job. You can have the front seat. I'm not a fair-weather fan. We should be undefeated. 11 games to get to where we were tonight on offense. 

This is as good of a story as it can get. I'm glad for AU. Not on the Gus bus, I definitely won't be... 

But all things considered, this was amazing. Everyone elevated their game for this one. 

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

Glad everyone is happy about the win but to be clear Gus the driver and I have locked the bus and fair weathers aren’t allowed back on. Gus thanks you for the support though.

** Update***
The Bus has just pulled up to the Waffle House. Gus says he intends to follow through with getting the extra waffle. The driver and I have no money so we are sitting on the bus waiting. Gus says War Eagle! But don’t go to the Waffle House he likes to eat his waffle in peace.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Now he must continue growing and working on making the easy passes. Expecting big games form him in the bowl game with time to get extra reps. He has seen enough powerful opponents to be battle tested.

Just now, DAG said:

Now he must continue growing and working on making the easy passes. Expecting big games form him in the bowl game with time to get extra reps. He has seen enough powerful opponents to be battle tested.

Really interested to see what kind of jump he makes between now and the bowl game, and of course to next season. I honestly think we will see some huge improvements in his accuracy between year one and two.

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well AU COULD make it easier on him by modifying and updating the passing offense and come in to modern football! lol. We have the weapons AND keep recruiting the weapons. All the pieces are there for us to go on a historic run.

Just now, Barnacle said:

Really interested to see what kind of jump he makes between now and the bowl game, and of course to next season. I honestly think we will see some huge improvements in his accuracy between year one and two.

I think besides the accuracy and bad footwork the passing scheme is the biggest thing holding him back.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Well AU COULD make it easier on him by modifying and updating the passing offense and come in to modern football! lol. We have the weapons AND keep recruiting the weapons. All the pieces are there for us to come on a historic run.

We could but I am solely speaking on the simple things he needs to work on. 

Just now, AuMarine said:

What a game. War Eagle. 

Just imagine the offense being more like this all season, to help the stellar defense. It was a great win, but still frustrated at the Florida, Georgia, LSU losses. With this effort tonight, we win those games, and we are in Atlanta for a rematch with the dawgs. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I think besides the accuracy and bad footwork the passing scheme is the biggest thing holding him back.

Definitely would like to see us expand the passing game. 

Archived