POST GAME THREAD!!!!

shabby

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I know it never seems as simple as it is but ALL Gus has to do to get this thing really rolling and go on a historic run is treat the offense like he hires the defense. Be hands off. TRULY hand over ALL the keys to a bonafide stud at OC. I would love for him to hire Graham Harrell from USC. And go out and get a stud recruiter for a OL coach. That is truly all that needs to be fixed. Gus is a damn good HEAD COACH. He just is not what or who we need as the play caller or his offensive scheme. WE ARE SO SO CLOSE. 

I’m out of “likes”, but this. Our talent level is there to compete with anybody (except OL).

Wasn't it posted that a heap of recruits were present today? Best advertising that could be had...thanks to all onsite who brought the electricity! 

55 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

In case you missed this video:

I absolutely loved and almost teared up when they got Pat Dye to narrate (partially) his famous quote. Most bammers probably didn't even know that it was a subtle dig at their fanaticism. Definitely a better promo than Ronnie Brown's but Takeo's tunnel vid absolutely takes the top Hype spot! 

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Pound for pound and inch for inch? 😅 SHIVERS. Dude's helmet didn't just come off, it was launched like it had an eject button. Worm was denied his touchdown last year, but he wasn't denied tonight. As mentioned in the other thread, kid just became an Auburn legend 💪

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Perhaps the melatonin is kicking in...but we’re 7-0 and 9-1 at JHS? 😴🤔

ranked vs ranked we are 7-0 at Jordan Hare. As a ranked Auburn team we are 9-1. I am assuming that 1 loss as a ranked team is to a un ranked Bama team in 01.

I don't know what the future brings for auburn football, but I am enjoying tonight and tomorrow.  I will savor the feeling on Monday.  I will worry about the future another day.  War eagle. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

It’s weird with it being the goat program but we can reasonably expect to beat a good Bama if we ourselves are good. We reasonably cannot expect to beat horrible LSU/UGA teams even if we are top 9-10. I don’t think we’ll be able to be consistently good until we break BR and/or Athens

this game also revealed to many how good Auburn’s WR talent truly is. You get a guy to a point where he can make a halfway difficult throw, get a coach to open up his 5 secret passing plays, and give someone other than AS and Seth a chance... and here we are. Canella has been fantastic, Hastings is still primarily who he was, Stove could’ve had more if he didn’t get a poor pass on his last target, but he did solid. In related news, Boobie used on the angle was great and Shivers got a decent look on a toss I believe, that he just got tripped up on. Shedrick had a good no call catch, Hill had a few good plays (tried to catch Twattle), and unfortunately we didn’t see Jay Jay. 

point being, a Joe Brady type change (like half as good), would truly show just how well we’ve been doing in recruiting.  

5 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Really interested to see what kind of jump he makes between now and the bowl game, and of course to next season. I honestly think we will see some huge improvements in his accuracy between year one and two.

Whoever he works with needs to wash him from the Gus deficiencies. He’s a solid runner, but he cannot keep being confused on when and where to run. I know he also tries to avoid those big mistakes but settling for 2ns and 10 incompletions when you can run to make it 3rd and 4...idk

Gus also won’t help his foot work which wasn’t as much of a problem today thankfully. The main example I can think of is that loft to an open Schwartz where he tried to get it out but also duck the free rusher

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Whoever he works with needs to wash him from the Gus deficiencies. He’s a solid runner, but he cannot keep being confused on when and where to run. I know he also tries to avoid those big mistakes but settling for 2ns and 10 incompletions when you can run to make it 3rd and 4...idk

Gus also won’t help his foot work which wasn’t as much of a problem today thankfully. The main example I can think of is that loft to an open Schwartz where he tried to get it out but also duck the free rusher

Yeah he definitely needs to work on that but it’s easy to say that as a fan who’s just sitting there and actually being on the field doing it. Bo didn’t get sacked once which was the first time all season Bama didn’t record a sack

I have seen enough to know I’ve seen too much 😅

My sweet mother-in-law, who is in her 90’s, put it best; “I went through three pairs of the depends during this one“

5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Okoro spotting.

CQcxJa8.jpg

Hmmm, wasn’t there a top 5 basketball recruit visiting from Cali this weekend?  He is either SOLD on Auburn, or thinks we are all CRAZY down south here. Love to see a commitment from him off this!!!

21 minutes ago, JoeinPF said:

I have seen enough to know I’ve seen too much 😅

My sweet mother-in-law, who is in her 90’s, put it best; “I went through three pairs of the depends during this one“

Bless her heart!

War Eagle!  BTW I just wanted to mention the “blessing in disguise” that happened when Pickens flipped his commitment to THUGA.  Did everyone see what he did in Atlanta yesterday?

8 hours ago, abw0004 said:

EE997D9E-ED8B-4AAB-B637-4A6D2A782615.jpeg

i love that cat..................

Archived