Null



Sign in to follow this  
PigskinPat

Cry me a river, saban

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, japantiger said:

This point on Waddle.  That showboating, grandstanding prick had his head up his ass and it cost them....good.  

Yup. Not even his gnome head coach...you know...the GREATEST HEAD COACH OF ALL TIME...could figure out Auburn was deliberately trying to catch them with 12 men on the field. If I'm THAT coach...defeated by high school/hot seat Gus on THAT play...I immediately retire on principle alone.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




1 minute ago, Viper said:

Yup. Not even his gnome head coach...you know...the GREATEST HEAD COACH OF ALL TIME...could figure out Auburn was deliberately trying to catch them with 12 men on the field. If I'm THAT coach...defeated by high school/hot seat Gus on THAT play...I immediately retire on principle alone.

Yeah but you obviously possess a degree of humility and self awareness that ole Nicky doesn’t!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grimnir said:

Yeah but you obviously possess a degree of humility and self awareness that ole Nicky doesn’t!

One has to admit fault first. dink cannot and will not admit self-fault. He'll say "WE didn't do OUR jobs."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Viper said:

One has to admit fault first. dink cannot and will not admit self-fault. He'll say "WE didn't do OUR jobs."

He actually did say that I his postgame presser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fredst said:

Not sad to see him shown up at the end. But let’s be honest, that dude was a stud all day. Don’t think it was him with his head up his a** but their coaching staff. The UA wide receivers are absolutely sick; I can’t fault our DBs at all, particularly with our mediocre pass rush

I don't know about "mediocre." A career backup QB just happened to either stand in or step up and make throw after throw with pressure bearing down. He had the game of his life, but fortunately for Auburn, instead of 4 TD passes, he threw 6 hehehe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite the two pick sixes (really only one was Jones' fault), despite as incredible as Jones played in his first game on the road, dink found a way to let high school/hot seat Gus beat him. I cannot think of a more embarrassing loss as a commonly-accepted Top 2-3 head coach of all time. Had AU won a fluky 24-21 game with two pick sixes, I would give dink a pass. But FORTY-EIGHT points given up to Gus Malzahn who scored TWENTY against Ole Miss when ALL dink had to do was win and he's in the playoffs???  This will go down as the most embarrassing loss of dink's career.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Viper said:

Yup. Not even his gnome head coach...you know...the GREATEST HEAD COACH OF ALL TIME...could figure out Auburn was deliberately trying to catch them with 12 men on the field. If I'm THAT coach...defeated by high school/hot seat Gus on THAT play...I immediately retire on principle alone.

except according to gus,  we were not trying to catch them with 12 men.   Waddle was expected to get off the field  and we were to suprise (quick) kick with no one back to receive.   It just happens that bammers were not smart enough to get waddle off the field in time.

Decent strategy if it would have worked as planned.  We would have had them pinned deep.

Better strategy if you opponent is too stupid to even realize what is going on and leaves the PR on the field.

 

WDE.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They probably wanted Waddle back there for the QB quick punt we did earlier. I would have left him back there and had one less guy up front. They were in mass confusion by changing their mind, from changing their mind. That is on all their coaches for not being prepared for that situation. Hell, we had already done it once. Question, was Anders in on the first punt by Bo???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the heck did lil nicki mean in his halftime interview when he said by rule it takes 3 seconds to snap the ball after the clock starts?  Is that a Saban rule or one that he will petition the NCAA for?  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, around4ever said:

What the heck did lil nicki mean in his halftime interview when he said by rule it takes 3 seconds to snap the ball after the clock starts?  Is that a Saban rule or one that he will petition the NCAA for?  

SEC now did a blurb on that comment. They basically said that he was confusing it with needing three seconds to spike the ball in an attempt to get another play off. Us getting the first down and them reviewing for time left is what allowed us to get lined up for the fg while they reviewed the play. 

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

SEC now did a blurb on that comment. They basically said that he was confusing it with needing three seconds to spike the ball in an attempt to get another play off. Us getting the first down and them reviewing for time left is what allowed us to get lined up for the fg while they reviewed the play. 

This is exactly what I was telling people at the time who were letting their bias get in the way of logic. We got a first down. The clock stops after the first down in order to move the sticks. As soon as foward progress stopped the play was dead and clock stopped. Normally we would have struggled to get set up in time, but since they didn't blow the whistle after Boobie was stopped, like they should have, they had to review for time. We got set up during review and snapped on the whistle. It was completely and totally legal. He just didn't like it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was confused about what the problem was as well.  WeaglWeaglWDE broke it down perfectly.  They stopped to review, we had the team out, they blew the whistle, we snapped, Carlson killed it.  Boom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is exactly what Les and LSU did NOT do correctly when they had their 1 second a few years ago.  Didn’t get lined up in time to snap on the whistle. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny how in 2017, Nick wanted the refs put a second back on the clock so they could try a game winning FG, but they missed it. Then in 2019, he was upset that the refs did put a second back on the clock as Auburn kicked a FG before halftime that was good. You can't have it both ways Little man.

Edited by auburn4ever
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Viper said:

ooRTjI6.gif

This is the funniest thing to come out of that game! Look at the face of the ref. He looks scared to death of Saban. I'm surprised he had the guts to try and explain himself. Time to hang it up, Nick. You are going to burst a blood vessel in your brain acting like that!

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

This is the funniest thing to come out of that game! Look at the face of the ref. He looks scared to death of Saban. I'm surprised he had the guts to try and explain himself. Time to hang it up, Nick. You are going to burst a blood vessel in your brain acting like that!

I honestly feel if this outburst was ANY other coach in America instead of Saban, he'd be flagged for 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

It's funny how in 2017, Nick wanted the refs put a second back on the clock so they could try a game winning FG, but they missed it. Then in 2019, he was upset that the refs did put a second back on the clock as Auburn kicked a FG before halftime that was good. You can't have it both ways Little man.

This. Can you imagine if 2017 hadn't set the precedence. Just wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this