4th Quarter 12:36

AU80cruiser

7 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Out of bounds no catch

Didnt look like he was out of bounds to me but players and coaches are blocking most of the view.

Nevermind, just found a replay on youtube. He was definitely out of bounds.

1 minute ago, AU80cruiser said:

Didnt look like he was out of bounds to me but players and coaches are blocking most of the view.

I was wondering the same thing but they showed a view a minute or two later from a different angle that showed that Shivers had stepped out when he caught it.

2 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

CBS showed a clip where Shivers was  clearly OOB.  If you recorded the game then you’ll see it.

I missed it too in the initial watching while I was work. Was getting ready to make this very same post and caught it on the DVR. Shivers scores on that play if not whistled dead. However, that worked in our favor. We were able to munch some clock(4 more minutes) and put us in a great position at the end of the game. 

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

He landed in bounds but actually stepped out before catching the ball without re-establishing position.  Makes it illegal touching.

They didn't call illegal touching that would have been a penalty they called incomplete pass.  In fact the referee at the point of the play from the quick review after the play didnt signal that the ball was dead.  This was an inadvertent whistle as the play should have been allowed to continue and the penalty flag thrown,  however there was NO signal by the refs that he stepped out and I would contend there would have been no flag thrown.   

7 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

He landed in bounds but actually stepped out before catching the ball without re-establishing position.  Makes it illegal touching.

This is what the call probably should  have been.   Refs screwed it all up.

Alabama fans were complaining about this play and the questionable “roughing the passér” call.

The frustrating thing to me was Shivers bobbling this ball and stepping out of bounds. He was wide open on the side line with a chance to take it to the house if he catches it cleanly.

Archived