Rushing the field

AuCivilEng1

Forgive me if there is another thread about this. I wanted to know what everyone’s thoughts were on this new “tradition”. I hate it. It’s embarrassing watching fans get stuck in the shrubs, hurt themselves, and destroy the hard work that is put into making PDF look great. I get the Kick 6 field rush. It was an intense game with huge stakes and a once in a lifetime finish. I feel like people want to relive that moment, who weren’t there to rush the field for the kick 6 and you just can’t replicate that night. Auburn fans need to realize that they’re costing the university time and money when they storm the field and start ripping apart the shrubs. Rant over! 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed but I’m afraid it’s here to stay. We had a student stop by our tailgate before the game who was already planning it. Also, it looked to me like Boobie was motioning for the student section to do it as soon as it appeared the game was in hand. I was sitting on the opposite side of the stadium so I couldn’t say for sure if that’s what I was seeing, but it looked like he was turned around to them saying “come on!” If you’ve got a player doing that there’s no way it doesn’t happen. 

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Forgive me if there is another thread about this. I wanted to know what everyone’s thoughts were on this new “tradition”. I hate it. It’s embarrassing watching fans get stuck in the shrubs, hurt themselves, and destroy the hard work that is put into making PDF look great. I get the Kick 6 field rush. It was an intense game with huge stakes and a once in a lifetime finish. I feel like people want to relive that moment, who weren’t there to rush the field for the kick 6 and you just can’t replicate that night. Auburn fans need to realize that they’re costing the university time and money when they storm the field and start ripping apart the shrubs. Rant over! 

I agree 100 . Not that it was not a big win , but it is nowhere close to being big enough to rush the field . 

It's a dumb thing to do. We're not a high school winning a state championship. We're a ranked SEC school. It was a back and forth game and we were a 3 point underdog. Nothing about that win warrants rushing the field. 

It seems to be the new normal. The only way to stop it would be to put some sort of railing/fencing which then would have the possibility of creating the tragic when people would inevitably still try to enter the field. 

I totally got the 2013 one. Even 2017 was fine with me, but we didn't beat the #1 team this year. We beat a suspect #5 team with their backup QB. 

Not to trying to be a fun killer, but yesterday was not worthy of that in my opinion. 

19 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

There will be a large fine to pay, also...........Boobie needs to concentrate on holding on to the football

This . In the game thread I wore him and Carnell out . So frustrating. This has to be a record year for fumbles 

I was fine with that last night. It was Rod’s night.  His words from Kick 6 were ringing in My ears when they hit the field.  

I had tears in my eyes 

let them have their fun. not many folks beat bama under satans run. if it is not that big a deal to some of you maybe you are pulling for the wrong team...........good grief.

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Have no problem with it. Being there last night, the emotions were running high. I don’t want it done every time, but that was a special moment and it pissed off the whiny bammers even more. 

Well it's actually been done the last three times we've beaten them so I see a trend of "every time" starting. Having an urge to do something is natural. Not acting on every urge we have is called being responsible, mature, sensible etc. 

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Well it's actually been done the last three times we've beaten them so I see a trend of "every time" starting. Having an urge to do something is natural. Not acting on every urge we have is called being responsible, mature, sensible etc. 

I meant don’t rush the field after every game at JHS. There was nothing wrong with it last night. Wasn’t irresponsible or immature at all. Like I said, being there, everyone was into it celebrating and enjoying the moments. Wasn’t just some game, it was a culmination of so much more. 

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

let them have their fun. not many folks beat bama under satans run. if it is not that big a deal to some of you maybe you are pulling for the wrong team...........good grief.

Folks will find anything to get grumpy over won’t they? We just out coached Nick and knocked them clear out of the playoffs. So much more than a game last night. War Eagle

I am for rushing the field in the right circumstance, last night was not one of them.  Beating a team with their back up quarterback, even if it is Bama....

Agree, if you rush the field every time, soon it is meaningless.

Saban against Rivals:
AU is 8-5
LSU is 10-4
TENN is 13-0

There is no other team anywhere doing as well against Saban as Auburn.

It creates a great moment for recruiting so I am for it. They will not get this moment and atmosphere anywhere else. 

Would you rather them leave in the 3rd quarter?? Dont care if you like it or not. Get over it. Not worth a worry, gripe, or complaint. We listen to their sh** year round. We will always celebrate.

Well, this was the game to rush the field if people are worried about damaging the field.    The grass looked worse last night than any game I can remember at JH.  The turf was in rough shape before the game began.

To me it was not big enough of a game to rush the field,  but my son is a frosh   so I am glad he got to experience it. 

It makes us look every bit as little brother as they say we are. I personally wouldn’t, but to each their own.

49 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Thanks. .I hate the fine but maybe just a dollar to the ticket prices and put it in a kitty for such things.

It’s crazy, I watched the whole game on mute and was subconsciously think of RB saying (Or how he would be calling the game) while the game was going.Zakoby he’s going to run it back a 100 yards they aren’t keep em off the field tonight. OMG the Worm just took his head off Touchdown Auburn, Touchdown Auburn on my goodness he just trucked an Bama defender. Doink Bama misses it, they missed it Auburn takes over on down Auburn takes over on downs.

Archived