Rushing the field

AuCivilEng1

Kids at a football game where we beat our biggest rival and make Saban look like a whiney baby. So they rushed the field was it immature yes. If I was there now would I have done it no. But when I was that age probably. Besides with that win we probably have Gus for another year and the money we save on his buyout this year will easily pay for the fine.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let people enjoy themselves and revel in the emotion of the win. Sure this has no implications for us going to the playoffs, but as both a fan and alum, it's always great to beat your biggest rival. Great team win. 

The bigger picture is, the Lord's work was done in ensuring that Dark Helmet missed the playoffs for  the first time in its history.  So, for that....

illallow.gif

7 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Kids at a football game where we beat our biggest rival and make Saban look like a whiney baby. So they rushed the field was it immature yes. If I was there now would I have done it no. But when I was that age probably. Besides with that win we probably have Gus for another year and the money we save on his buyout this year will easily pay for the fine.

JMO but the game should be primarily for the students.....and mostly it was students to took to the field.    I don't blame them....the game site, noise, intro videos, the band, big board and soon to be LED lighting system is all aimed at getting fans amped to the maximum....and expecting a bunch of younger fans to just stand and cheer when a game ends like that against a hated rival.....not gonna happen.    So just pay the money....

I freaking hate it.  Wish our students would act like we've been there before.  Also wish they'd stop doing the reverse Rammer Jammer every time we play the song no matter the opponent.  You gotta beat them and earn the right to do it directly after the game.

Side note: this isn't some "old man shakes fist at sky" thing.  I'm 36.

These are college kids.  If you expect them to always do the smart thing then you will always be disappointed.  My guess is that if you went to Auburn and had the opportunity to rush the field, you wold have done so too.  So don't let your years of added life experiences cause you to be upset at college kids who don't have the benefit of your depth of consciousness.  

JWShewmake

I love it. Our fan base actually has heart and a personality. Football is a fun sport and when we win we should celebrate. **** “acting like you’ve been there before” this isn’t golf. Let them rush the field 

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I freaking hate it.  Wish our students would act like we've been there before.  Also wish they'd stop doing the reverse Rammer Jammer every time we play the song no matter the opponent.  You gotta beat them and earn the right to do it directly after the game.

Don't think you are an old man.....just ask some 18 year old to describe you....:no:  "some older guy"....

And of course, most of them have never "been there before"   

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Don't think you are an old man.....just ask some 18 year old to describe you....:no:  "some older guy"....

And of course, most of them have never "been there before"   

Actually most of them were probably in the stands two years ago.  Ya know, when we beat Bama.

We have a tradition of celebrating at Toomers after wins. Something that no other school really does.  In the history of storming the field at Auburn we all know this is the weakest one.   Why not do it after every SEC win, or 2 yrs ago!

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Actually most of them were probably in the stands two years ago.  Ya know, when we beat Bama.

Nice, just beat me to that point.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Wait...Gus does not have the ability to beat bama…..we all know that......only two years ago?  are you sure?   Oh right...that was the game that really wasn't in doubt.

BUT .. that's OK....you are still a grouchy old man....and I'm still happy they had the what I think is good reason to celebrate. WDE

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Wait...Gus does not have the ability to beat bama…..we all know that......only two years ago?  are you sure?   Oh right...that was the game that really wasn't in doubt.

BUT .. that's OK....you are still a grouchy old man....and I'm still happy they had the what I think is good reason to celebrate. WDE

As auburnphan stated above, celebrate all you want.   We have a uniquely Auburn tradition for celebrating.  It's called Toomer's Corner.  Maybe you've heard of it.

Just want our fans to stay off the damn field.  Makes us look like such a little brother if we do it every time we beat Bama.  We were only a 4 point underdog.  This wasn't some monumental upset or anything.

27 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Pretty sure those two ladies they first showed stuck in the bushes were in their mid forties.... prolly embarrassing the hell out of a couple kids at that moment. :lol: 

If you're USM then you rush the field for beating UA.  If you're AU you should act like you've been there before.  

The best way to stop the fans from storming the field is to beat BAMA on a regular basis.  It will be coming soon.

Crazy scoring game.  Back and forth. Just when I thought we had a leg up. They run a kick off back or hit their WR on the first play. My hat goes to Carlson. I saw him the other day at the park and he was such a nice guy to my family. He was spot on and could not have won without him. 

best part was playing the one second Sabin fit on the jumbo screen. But my complaint of the evening was they would not show any replays. What was up with the replay booth not showing anything?

We stormed the field in 2013, but agreed this was not the same and just watched this one. Always a wonderful feeling beating those clowns 

I have no issue with fans storming the field after beating a top 5 rival at home and keeping them out of the playoffs. It was an exciting game.

I doubt it would happen if we won by 4 TD's or if Bama had 3-4 losses, or if the game just flat out stunk.  It was Jordan-Hare, perfect weather, and the atmosphere was electric.

Let them have fun and celebrate with the players. 

It's not like Auburn beat bamr by 4 tds. I never felt Auburn was going to win. So to win, and in the fashion we did, too much energy was built up in the stands just to yawn and walk out of the stadium. And if storming the field pissed off bamrfan, even better.

I"m 59. If I had been there I would've tried to get to the field also. But likely have ended like those two women, stuck in the privet hedge. 😂

4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Forgive me if there is another thread about this. I wanted to know what everyone’s thoughts were on this new “tradition”. I hate it. It’s embarrassing watching fans get stuck in the shrubs, hurt themselves, and destroy the hard work that is put into making PDF look great. I get the Kick 6 field rush. It was an intense game with huge stakes and a once in a lifetime finish. I feel like people want to relive that moment, who weren’t there to rush the field for the kick 6 and you just can’t replicate that night. Auburn fans need to realize that they’re costing the university time and money when they storm the field and start ripping apart the shrubs. Rant over! 

Way to make fans stop charging the field is to start beating alabama as often as they are beating us these days. Flip the script in other words.

I did not go on the field in 2013 (newborn at home). Did go in 2017 (mainly because I didn’t in 2013). And I did last night because my sister was in town and we wanted a picture on the field.  

Both times I’ve never dove through shrubbery to get there. 😂 I do hate that. But that stadium was so electric last night that I get why the students did. Heck, you could see the tension with the players (looking at you BOOBEE and Seth 😐). 

Had we won by a few TD I don’t know that it would have happened. 

Furthermore, I’m glad I’m not a meme. 

D4809868-DEFC-4559-8F07-CF81EAFF7138.jpeg

Archived