Rushing the field

AuCivilEng1

It’s fun.  It only happens every two years.  It only happens if Auburn wins.  Auburn could do it in a way to keep the bushes from getting trashed.  Don’t let Bammers make you feel bad for beating them.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rushing the field is a made-for-TV moment and a lot of schools do it when they win a big game. Of course, you will have a lot of Bammers say ¨we don´t do that in Tuscaloosa because we expect to win.¨ All the more reason to do it, it pisses Bama fans off so badly. There´s nothing I like to see more than a football field full of AU fans singing Rammer Jammer or Dixieland Delight to the Bammers. Let the kids have their fun, YOLO!

We need to stop this, it shouldn't happen every time we beat Bama. Act like you've been there before. It's lame. they're number 5 not 1. Jeez

I'm not necessarily opposed to it, but I do think it should only be reserved for the student section. Fans crawling through the bushes is just embarrassing. Cameras catch it every single time and it lessens the impact of the win quite a bit imo. Let the student section on the field if they feel it is a must and the rest of the stadium can sing the reverse rammer jammer.

Amendment: I am absolutely not opposed to all AU fans rushing Bryant Denny if we win there. And I don't care if bama is ranked 126th in the nation when we do it.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

As auburnphan stated above, celebrate all you want.   We have a uniquely Auburn tradition for celebrating.  It's called Toomer's Corner.  Maybe you've heard of it.

Just want our fans to stay off the damn field.  Makes us look like such a little brother if we do it every time we beat Bama.  We were only a 4 point underdog.  This wasn't some monumental upset or anything.

Take a look at toomers, they did celebrate late into the night. Find something else to whine about

10 minutes ago, WarDamn2010 said:

I'm not necessarily opposed to it, but I do think it should only be reserved for the student section. Fans crawling through the bushes is just embarrassing. Cameras catch it every single time and it lessens the impact of the win quite a bit imo. Let the student section on the field if they feel it is a must and the rest of the stadium can sing the reverse rammer jammer.

Amendment: I am absolutely not opposed to all AU fans rushing Bryant Denny if we win there. And I don't care if bama is ranked 126th in the nation when we do it.

I don’t know they might turn the water on us like Dye did to Georgia.  

I sure don't blame the fans from rushing onto the field after beating UAT. I wish something could be done to protect the shrubs. They were just now taking shape after the fans rushed the field after the KICK SIX win 34-28 thanks to Chris Davis.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

It creates a great moment for recruiting so I am for it. They will not get this moment and atmosphere anywhere else. 

Agreed. I am not necessarily for it but then I look at it as a one time experience for recruits and some of our players and I feel differently about it. 

This is how I explained it to my Bammer “friend” who got on her high horse and tried to look down on us for rushing the field. 

“I am respectfully going to try to explain why we rush the field. Auburn fans truly do love Auburn. For most fans, it is the place where they spent at least 4 years, a place they call home, and a place that they actually graduated from. It may be hard to believe, but I would take a few losses to be able to experience the euphoria of a win like we did last night. We stay until the end, because we are never sure if we are going to win. 😂 And that's okay. We love our team as much as you love yours, maybe more because it is so easy for you. It was a great game last night. Both teams laid their guts out on the field. When your rival wins, especially in a close game, you should show respect, IMHO.”

She replied how she couldn’t go to Bama but that was her team. 🙄

2 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

It's not like Auburn beat bamr by 4 tds. I never felt Auburn was going to win. So to win, and in the fashion we did, too much energy was built up in the stands just to yawn and walk out of the stadium. And if storming the field pissed off bamrfan, even better.

I"m 59. If I had been there I would've tried to get to the field also. But likely have ended like those two women, stuck in the privet hedge. 😂

Good for you..... Age is also a state of mind.....some of our "young" posters are really such humorless old fuddys…...but that's JMO  :)

31 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I sure don't blame the fans from rushing onto the field after beating UAT. I wish something could be done to protect the shrubs. They were just now taking shape after the fans rushed the field after the KICK SIX win 34-28 thanks to Chris Davis.

We have a major Ag School.....they should have 'em back in shape in a year or two.....maybe a couple Master Gardeners from my wife's garden club can give them some advice. 

I’m totally down with it as a new tradition. Nobody is saying this is as big a win as ‘13 and it doesn’t have to be, it has morphed in to something else at this point. It has nothing to do with little brother syndrome or any of that crap either, that’s a tired argument and there’s nothing to be embarrassed about. We beat Bammer, we get on the field. Simple as that. This is how traditions start.

Plus we roll trees with toilet paper after EVERY win for God’s sake. Toilet paper!! You guys understand that most normal people across the country would think that’s weird right?? It’s one of those things...you either get it or you don’t. :) 

Just now, NoALtiger said:

Plus we roll trees with toilet paper after EVERY win for God’s sake. Toilet paper!! You guys understand that most normal people across the country would think that’s weird right?? It’s one of those things...you either get it or you don’t. :) 

At one time we rolled trees for really big wins and it was pretty rare...now looks like it's after very win.....though at least for that response the SEC can't fine the school..

As for rushing the field, they SEC big shots may price us out of the practice.    I think this is an SEC thing and not NCAA rule.   I see other schools rushing field or court and nobody is mentioning a six figure penalty against the school. 

8 minutes ago, muxi87 said:

The players and recruits love it.  Period.  I feel like it’s as much a show of appreciation to the players as anything.

Agreed. Especially after this season, it was a great way to go out. 

While I agree that it should be reserved for key wins, I had no problem with last night. This was an intense, emotional season. The highs were high, and the lows were low. Even though this iron bowl had minimal effect on anything, I wanted this one more than most. I’d imagine other fans felt the same way. Given the up and down nature of the season, finishing the regular season by beating your biggest rival when pretty much nobody picked you to win was a big deal to a lot of fans emotionally.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

It should happen every time there is an exciting finish...it adds to the entertainment experience.

So if we beat Miss St on a fourth down stop or return an interception against Jacksonville St, we should rush the field? 😆

1 hour ago, AUGunsmith said:

Ok, boomer. 

This is the ultimate "ok, boomer" thread. 

2 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

We need to stop this, it shouldn't happen every time we beat Bama. Act like you've been there before. It's lame. they're number 5 not 1. Jeez

would you feel the same way if your son was a senior on this team and that this was his last game? just asking

36 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

would you feel the same way if your son was a senior on this team and that this was his last game? just asking

Of course. He would have been there before

Archived