Rushing the field

AuCivilEng1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I hate one of the messages it sends, which is that bama is still Goliath and we're still David. Screw that LBS crap. We're Auburn...

...but what I realized Sunday morning is that it also sends other messages. Especially to our players. They *love* it. 

And, perhaps more importantly, those folks bought tickets to the game and they didn't do anything to harm other fans or crap on their good time. So I have no reason to judge.

I'm right there with you. I wouldn't do it but man, that fine is crazy high. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$50k 1st offense
$100k 2nd offense
$250k 3rd and subsequent offenses. 

The good news is we are maxed out for the "access to competition areas" penalty fee. :big:

1 minute ago, stoic-one said:

$50k 1st offense
$100k 2nd offense
$250k 3rd and subsequent offenses. 

The good news is we are maxed out for the "access to competition areas" penalty fee. :big:

Exactly. Also I like to say that no one who rushed the field after the game should has the right to say anything about any buyout being too high while spending the university's money that way. 

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Exactly. Also I like to say that no one who rushed the field after the game should has the right to say anything about any buyout being too high while spending the university's money that way. 

Let's not get carried away, $250k is a long way from Gus' buyout, and we all know the bulk of the money for that buyout ends up being donated to the school by big name boosters.

Regardless, back to storming the field. :poke:

7 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m not a fan of it and I wouldn’t do it but I wouldn’t stand in anyone’s way if they wanted to.

i would however charge everyone on the field, without credentials or a helmet, a fine to offset the $250k.  

Pass the hat at the A-day game...people will gladly give.

Archived