Unfair

Carnell

1 hour ago, Auctoritas said:

The hilarious part of Saban's rant is that, following the logic, refs should stop after re-alignments on every play. That was no different than any other shift. AU sent everyone on the field and didn't substitute again, there was no reason for the refs to do anything.  After an up and down game, they did that precisely correctly, and kudos to them (that includes not allowing the snap...there had been an earlier call against Auburn for having 12 in formation and they blew it dead.)

Of all the trick plays Gus ever designed, that was the trickiest and best. He's probably had that in his playbook for years and it finally was the perfect time to use it.

From The Athletic: "Malzahn said after the game he’d been sitting on the play call for weeks; the point was to keep Waddle off the field in a key moment. The penalty was a pleasant side effect."

Didn’t saban also make a comment they should have been given more time to get in alignment?  

I just listened to the first minute or two of his press conference again. Never said anything positive about auburn, no congrats, only focused on bammers mistakes. What a complete tool. Contrast with what Gus said about his opponent. 

3 hours ago, Tampa Tiger said:

Agreed.  Saban is very indicative of their fanbase.  They never just get beat.  They "beat themselves" or the refs did.  Cry Nick Cry.

Out of reactions, absolutely yes. Who has ruined who? Have they made him worse in his tenure or has he spewed and created the conditions for an unparalleled sense of entitlement? Or is it just a hellish match from Heaven that amuses the mess out of them when they win but amuses the rest of the world when they don't?

I kinda think we're America's collegiate team, at least for this weekend...😁...they all be thinking we did the world a favor. And we did.

2 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Out of reactions, absolutely yes. Who has ruined who? Have they made him worse in his tenure or has he spewed and created the conditions for an unparalleled sense of entitlement? Or is it just a hellish match from Heaven that amuses the mess out of them when they win but amuses the rest of the world when they don't?

I kinda think we're America's collegiate team, at least for this weekend...😁...they all be thinking we did the world a favor. And we did.

I said this to a Bama fan once.  He was trying to say people hated them because they win, and I argued it's how they win, and how they whine when they lose.  When they beat teams for a great run of years, they have Rammer Jammer, Dixieland Delight, etc etc.  When they lose, it's always an excuse and Harvey Updyke, the Tea Bagger, etc etc.  

I don't know when the dam will crack and flood, but when it does, their fanbase implosion will be epic.

3 hours ago, oldaufeller said:

As far as Saban complaining about unfairness, you would be better off remembering at the end of every season in which Saban has less than a perfect record he goes into lobbying mode.  He has always jockeyed for the post season best bowl placement, albeit over the past few years it's for the CFP.  It's what he does and he's pretty good at it.  

Had to laugh at the phrasing you used considering Saban is, shall we say, vertically challenged. 😄

52 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

How true! Living in Mississippi I see more Bama fans than I care to but last night we went to Walmart after the game for our weekly grocery trip. A guy I've never seen says "nice win". Turns out he is an Ole Miss fan who just can't stand Bama. We chatted about both of our games this week as well as coaches. They'd love to have Gus's record of course. From the outside looking in we have no problems from a Mississippi perspective. 

Our punter was moving in position to kick when the penalty was called. Great move by Gus. It has to do with the center being over the ball. Ultimate meltdown by Nick and where were the flags on him for unsportsmanlike conduct as we were called on when Gus said that a call was Bullcrap. 13 penalties wouldn't even be close to the missed PI's and Holding calls they wouldn't call. We got screwed at the first of this game on an incomplete pass call.

5 hours ago, WarEagle1982 said:

The funny thing is that Saban wrote all of these substitution rules because of the HUNH and it still didn’t go his way!!!

If I remember correctly, that's how we ultimately beat his LSU team in 2004.

We missed a point after late in the game but got a second chance after a penalty.  One of their guys jumped over the line, which was something dink lobbied for when on the rules committee.  Penalty, re-kick good.

WDE!

6 hours ago, WarEagle1982 said:

The funny thing is that Saban wrote all of these substitution rules because of the HUNH and it still didn’t go his way!!!

Yup. GREAT point. It was his whining that the HUNH was going to cause injuries, which he adopted, that he managed to strong-arm the rules committee. It backfired on him, just like it did in the 2004 LSU game when he voted a rule change to protect the long-snapper. Now he’ll whine until he gets this adjusted. 

If he had simply played a safe punt with Waddle back and 10 defenders (which is what 99% of what all coaches do with the offense on the field), the play unfolds normally and he doesn’t have to belly-ache about it. 

Part of being a leader is when the head coach is 100% at fault, you take responsibility for it. dink has once again placed blame for a loss elsewhere. 

9 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

The bammers fully agree. If it’s really smart and Nick isn’t ready for it then it’s not fair. 

THIS!!!!

I have said it so many times.....when the nickster is facing similar talent and there's pretty much a level playing field he's just not that great. He's used to being given every advantage, and that helps him win. For once....bammer wasn't given preferential treatment by the officials yesterday because SEC officiating is being carefully watched right now (Thanks Coach Boom). The nickster had a meltdown yesterday and  it was an ugly thing to see. He's too egotistical and spoiled to be a good sport. 

When the bammers on my fb posted that woman in the hedge meme....I posted the nickster pitching his old man toddler fit. Talk about not having been there before....

I think that tantrum should be posted everywhere. It's a perfect example of bammer football. 

Saben's explination of of the substitution penalty sounds like the Japanese at midway. Torpedoes or bombs---- defend play or take punt.

Deadly decisions 

Apparently, the center needs to be over the ball and the defensive line needs to be set. Once they are set, there are no more substitutions allowed. Otherwise, they could just keep substituting in and out while the play clock runs.

Archived