To honor Pat Sullivan we should....

tigerman1186

To honor Pat, I would like to see us wear the Auburn 'fish-net'  jerseys we wore during his era at the bowl game...they made Auburn football unique in the late 60's and 70's...

That would be cool! Nobody else doing it (I can think of) so let’s be the one’s!

50 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

To honor Pat, I would like to see us wear the Auburn 'fish-net'  jerseys we wore during his era at the bowl game...they made Auburn football unique in the late 60's and 70's...

Not that it would happen but I love the look. My earliest memories of Auburn football. 

Screenshot_20191201-214424~2.png

3 hours ago, meh130 said:

I think we should name the new Football only facility after him.

Think that this’ll entirely come down to a few really big figures and not Auburn. I saw from first hand experience earlier this year..wealthy people like their names to be very prevalent when donating 

8 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

fishnet? lol   you mean tear away jerseys right? i believe they were banned for being unfair advantage or something like that. wonderful sentiment tho. but we sent him home with a win over our arch rival................

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

fishnet? lol   you mean tear away jerseys right? i believe they were banned for being unfair advantage or something like that. wonderful sentiment tho. but we sent him home with a win over our arch rival................

Those were fishnet. The tear away came along a few years later. The tear away looked like a thin T- shirt.

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Those were fishnet. The tear away came along a few years later. The tear away looked like a thin T- shirt.

well man i hate that eagle. fishnet? good grief what if some cat wanted matching stockings?   lol   anyhoo i stand corrected........

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

well man i hate that eagle. fishnet? good grief what if some cat wanted matching stockings?   lol   anyhoo i stand corrected........

Yeah man. They weren't fishnet like ladies pantyhose. I wore them, and played against teams wearing them. You grab a guy by the jersey it would literally rip the skin from your fingers.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

No they weren't tear away jersies.  The reason I heard auburn went to the Jersey is it prevented artificial turf burn than regular jersies. Although I do not know how.

Archived