Null

Sign in to follow this  
abw0004

My Thoughts From the Stadium (Alabama)

Was it just me, or were there very few UA fans there? Even their corner and upper sections had a lot of Orange and Blue. The 3 around us were very well behaved and the younger guy and I talked realistically about our own flaws etc. I ALMOST felt bad for them when they turned away for every single PAT and FG attempt.

25 minutes ago, kwagoner said:

very few UA fans there?

Guessing that meant that AU fans were not selling their tickets to their bammer neighbors.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Hearing Rod in those............ WAR EAGLE! 

"Most of you thought we would only win eight games this year."

Your take on Gus was very reasonable until you wrote this. Maybe folks were saying 8 loss ceiling after about our 3rd loss. Maybe one or two people were saying that before the season started. Everyone else recognized this year was an SEC title game type team. Turns out we are somewhere in the middle which is not bad with a shot at 10 wins and final Top 10 ranking.

24 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Your take on Gus was very reasonable until you wrote this. Maybe folks were saying 8 loss ceiling after about our 3rd loss. Maybe one or two people were saying that before the season started. Everyone else recognized this year was an SEC title game type team. Turns out we are somewhere in the middle which is not bad with a shot at 10 wins and final Top 10 ranking.

Not true:

37 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Looking at the pre-season predictions, 7-5 and 8-4 were the most common picks. Some few had 6-6 and some 9-3 or better. You are underestimating the number of posters who underestimated Gus. Also, having to face the nation's toughest schedule had a lot to do with the many 7-5 and 8-4 picks.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Not true:

I pick Auburn to win every game every year because I’m an eternal optimist Auburn Homer.  

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Not true:

One last thing.  I got crazy close on the LSU, Bama games.  

9 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Fined $250K for rushing the field. 

Cheaper than $25 million to fire the coach

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Fined $250K for rushing the field. 

Add a dollar to ticket prices :dunno:  Maybe it will happen but have not seen how much UVa will be fined for rushing the field at their game..

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Looking at the pre-season predictions, 7-5 and 8-4 were the most common picks. Some few had 6-6 and some 9-3 or better. You are underestimating the number of posters who underestimated Gus. Also, having to face the nation's toughest schedule had a lot to do with the many 7-5 and 8-4 picks.

Most actual sports talking heads had Auburn with 3 to 4 losses (a lot of them had us losing to Oregon and beating Florida).

Before the season started dude on SECN said Auburn would be the best 3 loss team in the nation by years end.

So Auburn fans were unable to predict bama's best player, the Heisman candidate, would suffer a season-ending injury.

Definitely something to gloat about.   

• Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

So Auburn fans were unable to predict bama's best player, the Heisman candidate, would suffer a season-ending injury.

Definitely something to gloat about.   

Not sure what you are getting at.  Auburn fans were not allowed to make excises in the 2016 UGA game or the 2017 SEC Chanpionship on who was injured for us, so Alabama can’t either.  We also have to beat a few other teams to get to 9-10 wins?  Alabama is just one win.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Not sure what you are getting at.  Auburn fans were not allowed to make excises in the 2016 UGA game or the 2017 SEC Chanpionship on who was injured for us, so Alabama can’t either.  We also have to beat a few other teams to get to 9-10 wins?  Alabama is just one win.  

You get it.  Don't pretend you don't.  

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Add a dollar to ticket prices :dunno:  Maybe it will happen but have not seen how much UVa will be fined for rushing the field at their game..

I think its an SEC thing, not sure ACC fines the schools. 

5 minutes ago, AURealist said:

You get it.  Don't pretend you don't.  

Not really so you could also just answer the question.  Thanks 

Edited by abw0004

3 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I'm pretty sure you are right.....which is a good thing because ACC fans rush the field or court on a regular basis after a big upset win.   

5 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

It is the SEC that makes the fines.  The ACC does not have a fine schedule in place, which is why I made the reference to Clemson.  Their students rush the field after every win.

27 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Not really so you could also just answer the question.

What question?   I see a statement with a question mark at the end of it.  

Why pretend that you're dense? 

Folks generally had an idea of which games we'd win and which we'd lose.  Losses to 4 of O, aTm, UF, LSU, UGA and uat would end us at 4 losses.   When folks predicted 8 wins max, they assumed bama would have their first string QB.  So I don't get slamming people for thinking AU would have only 8 wins this season.  

Take the bama win as a win.  It's great for everyone.  To 'I told ya so' is going to sour the win by bringing in facts people would like to just put aside for now.  

Edited by AURealist
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I am happy Gus won

Gus didn’t win it, he said so at the end of the game.  You might have missed it; he said; “it’s not about me”.  Now, I will give him credit for getting his team up and they refusing to lose.  Also his ploy to get Waddle off the field which, in turn, allowed Saban to “Gus it up”, but he didn’t win that game.

This is what gets me sometime, people believing Gus is Auburn and not the players that play for Auburn.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

55 minutes ago, AURealist said:

What question?   I see a statement with a question mark at the end of it.  Thank you for defining what the structure of a question is.  Now that we understood I asked a question let's move on.  For the record that does qualify as a question when used in the correct tone, which I did.

Why pretend that you're dense?  That is uncalled for personally and very unwarranted.  To each their own I suppose.

Folks generally had an idea of which games we'd win and which we'd lose.  Losses to 4 of O, aTm, UF, LSU, UGA and uat would end us at 4 losses.   When folks predicted 8 wins max, they assumed bama would have their first string QB.  So I don't get slamming people for thinking AU would have only 8 wins this season.  Ah you also forget people also thought we would lose to Oregon.  Hence in my original comment to you that the one win over Alabama does not complete a 9-10 season.  We had to win at least eight more games.  We also beat other teams including Oregon and A&M.  And using the card of "They lost their starting QB" would not hold water if we were also not allowed to use that same card for the 2017 SEC Championship or 2016 UGA game.  Fair is fair.

Take the bama win as a win.  It's great for everyone.  To 'I told ya so' is going to sour the win by bringing in facts people would like to just put aside for now.  That is what I do in these threads.  I use my observations and also bring in facts many did not know or forgot about.  That is what makes these fun.  

Edited by abw0004