Bowl Projections - The Unofficial List for 2019-2020

AURealist

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, AUFan2015 said:

Free blooming onion...been there, done that, always grateful. Minnesota...super interesting...😁

Hmmmm.... Outback (vs ANYbody) interests me since I'm only an hour or so south of Tampa.... :we:

Everything I’m seeing suggests we are likely facing a big 10 team in the citrus bowl.If UGA and LSU both somehow make it in the playoff, we might sneak into a slightly higher bowl. The folks saying we’re going elsewhere all seem to assume the citrus bowl is going to take the turds over us.

6 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Everything I’m seeing suggests we are likely facing a big 10 team in the citrus bowl.If UGA and LSU both somehow make it in the playoff, we might sneak into a slightly higher bowl. The folks saying we’re going elsewhere all seem to assume the citrus bowl is going to take the turds over us.

the crimson turd fanbase reportedly traveled well last time they were in that game when it was called the Capital One and they beat down on Sparty

seems like folks are also split over Wisconsins bowl fate if they stay competitive against Ohio State they are possibly in NY6. but if they get blown out looks like they are headed to Citrus. Gator or Outback

7 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

the crimson turd fanbase reportedly traveled well last time they were in that game when it was called the Capital One and they beat down on Sparty

It isn’t just up to the bowls anymore. The conference has a lot of say.

7 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Wouldn’t Florida get in the NY6 before us? Since they’re ranked higher? 

They are up for the Orange bowl as of now.

Yep, the good news is, I see Auburn in the Citrus on NY Day. The bad news is, Wisconsin. With Brown and Davidson sitting out, and Wisconsin's running game, ugh! I would much rather have Michigan.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Yep, the good news is, I see Auburn in the Citrus on NY Day. The bad news is, Wisconsin. With Brown and Davidson sitting out, and Wisconsin's running game, ugh! I would much rather have Michigan.

???

2 hours ago, AURex said:

Why would they do that? You must not think much of their character. They don't seem like the sort of guys to leave their team mates hanging.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Why would they do that? You must not think much of their character. They don't seem like the sort of guys to leave their team mates hanging.

im assuming the op is suggesting brown and Davidson will sit out the bowl game or not play much in preparation for NFL 

1 hour ago, KnightTiger said:

im assuming the op is suggesting brown and Davidson will sit out the bowl game or not play much in preparation for NFL 

Yes he is and I don't think these two are that type of person. Their careers at Auburn up to this point indicate quite the contrary.

12 hours ago, AURex said:

They came back for their senior season having nothing left to really prove to the NFL. They'll play in the bowl game. It's their last time to play with many they consider brothers. I agree with Mikey, their character won't let them sit.

52 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes he is and I don't think these two are that type of person. Their careers at Auburn up to this point indicate quite the contrary.

Their careers also indicate that if they do have to make a tough decision based on their future, that you should refrain from calling them "that type of person" unless "that type of person" means "awesome teammates and leaders who gave more to the program than most players ever could or would".

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

In all honesty, they'd be stupid to play.  DB is a Top 10 pick and is about to get PAID.  MD is at worst a 2nd day guy.

To risk injury and the money that comes with those draft positions for a glorified exhibition game would be really dumb.  Those two guys have given AU everything for four years.  If I was the coach, I'd flat tell them it's in their best interest not to play and thank them for everything they've done for this program.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

In all honesty, they'd be stupid to play.  DB is a Top 10 pick and is about to get PAID.  MD is at worst a 2nd day guy.

To risk injury and the money that comes with those draft positions for a glorified exhibition game would be really dumb.  Those two guys have given AU everything for four years.  If I was the coach, I'd flat tell them it's in their best interest not to play and thank them for everything they've done for this program.

I guess it's similar to the parent watching their kids leave the house for good. You know it's coming but you're not ready for it to come to fruition. lol

29 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Hard to argue with this although selfishly I’d love to see them suit up one more time for AU. After what happened to that ND linebacker in the recent past I certainly couldn’t fault them if they decided to sit it out

13 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

That was in 2010, freaking 9 yrs ago when they dipped down to their cellar and racked up a whopping  3 losses that year then absolutely killed MSU in the bowl.  Looks like they've dipped back down again with 2 L's this year.

19 minutes ago, fredst said:

Hard to argue with this although selfishly I’d love to see them suit up one more time for AU. After what happened to that ND linebacker in the recent past I certainly couldn’t fault them if they decided to sit it out

They should sit and not take a chance on messing up that draft.  Those guys proved their loyalty to AU when they came back this year, they've given it all and have nothing left to prove.

On 12/2/2019 at 9:40 AM, DAG said:

No Wisconsin !! This is when our AD needs to make a conscious plea. I don’t care how bad the Citrus Bowl wants us. Please anybody but Wisconsin 

please no. we use to alway get paired up with them and get beat

Maybe both teams should have a gentleman's agreement to hold out their projected draftees in the non playoff bowls? However some players like Slayton might need a good bowl performance to improve their stock.

Archived