Bowl Projections - The Unofficial List for 2019-2020

AURealist

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

One of those B1G teams is going to the Rose Bowl, probably Wisconsin. There's some wiggle room for AU to move to the NY6, but not much. I think we'd have been in had UGA won the SEC. That would have taken them out of the Sugar and put UF there, leaving more room for us.

Sounds like a fair trade to me 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Twitter we seem to be mad about Outback. I don't quite get it. Tampa ain't a bad place...Busch Gardens is AWESOME.

What I don't get is why the Belk Bowl is part of the "group of six." I think it should be on Birmingham's level, myself.

They should do complete away with the Coaches poll. It is and has always been the most corrupt poll in existence . Coaches don’t vote in who is the best they vote on who helps them out in the poll. Like all SeEC coaches will vote not only to make their team better but who makes the SEC teams look better. I mean it’s in their interest to move their teams up. Look at the CFP and the AP against the coaches poll. We deserve to be ahead of uat we not only beat them but we beat 2 out 5 top 15 teams and uat beat zero out of the two they played. With their schedule this year we would have easily 11-1 or 12-0 since they played  LSU at home if we had played LSU at our house then we most likely would have won it. Just need to cancel the coaches poll because it is not honest but a tool for the P5 to insure their teams are in. Glad the CP doesn’t count for anything anymore.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

On Twitter we seem to be mad about Outback. I don't quite get it. Tampa ain't a bad place...Busch Gardens is AWESOME.

Is the issue playing in Tampa or playing against Minnesota?

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Cotton Bowl vs Memphis sounds a heck of a lot better than Outback vs Minny

Totally agree as the coaching match up would be a lot better in the Cotton Bowl.  Gus against an interim coach is money while Gus against a inspired coach is dangerous. 

12 minutes ago, AUwent said:

What I don't get is why the Belk Bowl is part of the "group of six." I think it should be on Birmingham's level, myself.

Charlotte and Bank of America Stadium is a hell of a lot better than Birmingham and Legion Field! lol. This would be our third time in 10 years in the Outback. Just MEH to me. We have not played in the Citrus/Capitol One Bowl Since 05 when we...... OF COURSE lost to Barry Alvarez and Wiscy in what was his FIRST last game hahaha.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Totally agree as the coaching match up would be a lot better in the Cotton Bowl.  Gus against an interim coach is money while Gus against a inspired coach is dangerous. 

Um...our last visit to the Outback Bowl begs to differ.

I hope ESPN and 247Sports are correct and it is the Citrus in Orlando. Tampa is okay but who the hell wants to go to Dallas in January. Go to Orlando for the Citrus and take em to Disney World for a couple of days. Pull Robinson and Brown out after a couple of series to minimize injury risk and tell em to show up at the next Alumni meeting with their checkbooks after the NFL draft.

18 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Um...our last visit to the Outback Bowl begs to differ.

If you’re talking about the 2015 classic that went into OT; even though it was an interim coach, he was also AD that was known by the team and inspired as it was his last game as a coach.  So I’ll go with inspired.

28 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If you’re talking about the 2015 classic that went into OT; even though it was an interim coach, he was also AD that was known by the team and inspired as it was his last game as a coach.  So I’ll go with inspired.

Interim and inspired ain’t mutually exclusive.

I saw a bammer crying on fb that they want a rematch against us in a bowl game 😂 their butthurt knows no end! 

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

They should do complete away with the Coaches poll. It is and has always been the most corrupt poll in existence . Coaches don’t vote in who is the best they vote on who helps them out in the poll. Like all SeEC coaches will vote not only to make their team better but who makes the SEC teams look better. I mean it’s in their interest to move their teams up. Look at the CFP and the AP against the coaches poll. We deserve to be ahead of uat we not only beat them but we beat 2 out 5 top 15 teams and uat beat zero out of the two they played. With their schedule this year we would have easily 11-1 or 12-0 since they played  LSU at home if we had played LSU at our house then we most likely would have won it. Just need to cancel the coaches poll because it is not honest but a tool for the P5 to insure their teams are in. Glad the CP doesn’t count for anything anymore.

We're so conditioned to give the turds the nod as the better team irrespective of their schedule, even if only by habit, or subconsciously. So you've made an excellent point. If we have their schedule this year, we're off to the CFP.

I'm sick of our schedule.

8 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

I saw a bammer crying on fb that they want a rematch against us in a bowl game 😂 their butthurt knows no end! 

It's soooo unfair. 

saban.gif

13 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

He's a basic dumbass bama fan.

7 hours ago, autan said:

Don't like a Memphis/AU matchup.  Regardless of their record and ranking and how many of our guys sit this one out Gus would get hammered if we lost. Of course he'd likely get trashed if we lost a squeaker to OSU. Here's hoping for a sunshine state bowl. Good reward for players and fans.

I am with you the only time we should be playing a team a team from the AAC is if we are 6 and 6 and playing in the Birmingham Bowl.  They would not be a challenged and if they were you could contribute that to being Malzahn coached.  I dont know that much about Minnesota watched a good bit of their games with PSU and Whisky.  I was very impressed with their QB and wide receivers and would definitely be a challenge for our dbs and it appeared his OL did a good job in pass protection.  If we played Memphis in the cotton and lost you could rest assured that we could not beat Minnesota.

lol Penn St is at 10?!?! They get the Cotton Bowl Berth? Who the heck did they even beat? buuuuuuuuuuuuush league. Great. It is going to be the freaking outback now. yaaaaaaaaaaay.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ YAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN. SO BORING. 

IDK, 12 vs 18 is about as good as you can expect for a 4th ranked SEC team ( finished 5th in the SEC ) 

Step up from Nashville, isn't it ? Are some expecting similar Purdue like results? 

I kinda think it'll be a better game than that. 

1 minute ago, AURaptor said:

IDK, 12 vs 18 is about as good as you can expect for a 5th place finish. 

Step up from Nashville, isn't it ? Are some expecting similar Purdue like results? 

I kinda think it'll be a better game than that. 

It is just a boring blah matchup in a tired bowl for us. Nothing exciting about it.

Archived