Bowl Projections - The Unofficial List for 2019-2020

AURealist

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is just a boring blah matchup in a tired bowl for us. Nothing exciting about it.

True,  it is what it is. But what should a 3 loss team expect? Even if those losses were to top 10 teams, all in the SEC. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AURaptor said:

True,  it is what it is. But what should a 3 loss team expect? Even if those losses were to top 10 teams, all in the SEC. 

I mean we went to the Sugar Bowl in 2016 as a 8 win team. SEC was much much better this year though so we get stuck with this.

Yeah, went to the Sugar and got trucked. Better to finish with ( potential ) 10 wins in playing a 2nd tier bowl than go 9-4 ? IDK who we could have played... uga beat us and finished higher, so I don't see how we'd go over them to the Sugar. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Got to admit...not a big fan of this attitude.   It may not have any bearing on the outcome of the game.   But it screams out, I’m not happy or excited about where we are at or who we are playing.   You can bet a million dollars that Minnesota is excited about playing in a bowl game and playing a three lose SEC team 

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is just a boring blah matchup in a tired bowl for us. Nothing exciting about it.

I love the playoff but it has really killed the other bowl games. Other than being TV programming, they've outlived their usefulness. I just hope for a nice trip for the AU players at this point. 

2 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Yeah, went to the Sugar and got trucked. Better to finish with ( potential ) 10 wins in playing a 2nd tier bowl than go 9-4 ? IDK who we could have played... uga beat us and finished higher, so I don't see how we'd go over them to the Sugar. 

I wanted the Cotton vs Memphis. We dwarf both teams in terms of overall talent. Those 2 teams are no Oklahoma with Baker Mayfield.

3 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Got to admit...not a big fan of this attitude.   It may not have any bearing on the outcome of the game.   But it screams out, I’m not happy or excited about where we are at or who we are playing.   You can bet a million dollars that Minnesota is excited about playing in a bowl game and playing a three lose SEC team 

source.gif

This isn't 2014 where we collapsed from #3 to 8-4 in three weeks flat, having to watch UAT in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I wouldn’t take Minnesota lightly they are a good team and well coached. They are a bunch of diamonds. Maybe fleck will take another job before then.

O they will be fired up and excited to be there. Us on the other hand? Not so much.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

O they will be fired up and excited to be there. Us on the other hand? Not so much.

SMH. Sick of this attitude, honestly it's a lot of why CFB has felt substantially less fun since the playoff era began.

What if they figured D and M  would sit, and our D wouldn't be as imposing as it was all season... making it a more even game.

I can't say either way. But I think we're about where we need to be. 

4 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I get what you are saying hopefully just a knee jerk reaction and they are able to get focused.

On the other hand, I'd love to sit down with someone from the committee and have them explain why, compared to each other, Wisconsin is #8 and Auburn is #12.  I literally can not think of any reasonable chain of analysis that leads to that conclusion.

And this is not just about Auburn. Do the same thing with say Utah and Alabama. On what possible basis is Utah ranked two spots ahead of Alabama? It makes no sense.

Once the Cotton Bowl was out of the picture, I would’ve preferred facing Michigan in in the Citrus than a bowl game against the gophers. I see where Flash is coming from....snoozer bowl.  That said, I’d love to see AU put a purdue whipping on ‘em and finish the season in the top-10. 

8 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I wouldn’t take Minnesota lightly they are a good team and well coached. They are a bunch of diamonds. Maybe fleck will take another job before then.

UCFs Scott Frost had taken the Nebraska job, and still beat us. 😂

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

UCFs Scott Frost had taken the Nebraska job, and still beat us. 😂

Norvell is still going to coach the Cotton Bowl too they said on ESPN........ Franklin should watch out hahaha

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

SMH. Sick of this attitude, honestly it's a lot of why CFB has felt substantially less fun since the playoff era began.

If we are not going to be in a New Years 6 Bowl I wish we would of just been in some bowl like last year where the talent gap is so huge that it cannot be made up and we can win comfortably. We need this 10 wins so bad. It would be so big for this program to get 10 wins with this schedule.

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Once they went the Playoff route it was inevitable that interest in other games would crash. In the old days, the smaller bowls led up to the big 4 bowl games on New Years Day but it left a pretty empty feeling when the best teams didn't play each other. Now, these games just seem like afterthoughts but we get to see the matchups of the top teams meeting each other in the Playoff games. It's been a mixed bag for me.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If we are not going to be in a New Years 6 Bowl I wish we would of just been in some bowl like last year where the talent gap is so huge that it cannot be made up and we can win comfortably. We need this 10 wins so bad. It would be so big for this program to get 10 wins with this schedule.

The talent gap is wide with Minnesota.  Look at recruiting rankings over the last four years.  We should drill them if we're at all motivated.

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

College analysts don't make it any better spending 4 hours talking about 4 teams. Instead of talking about how important a Rose or Sugar bowl win is for so and so program they're breaking things down to what kind of toothpaste Joe Burrow uses. 

Archived