Bowl Projections - The Unofficial List for 2019-2020

AURealist

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If we are not going to be in a New Years 6 Bowl I wish we would of just been in some bowl like last year where the talent gap is so huge that it cannot be made up and we can win comfortably. We need this 10 wins so bad. It would be so big for this program to get 10 wins with this schedule.

I'll pass on Cotton. Team that has to play the G5 rep is always at a huge disadvantage in terms of enthusiasm.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The talent gap is wide with Minnesota.  Look at recruiting rankings over the last four years.  We should drill them if we're at all motivated.

The talent gap is wide. No doubt.  But it gives me more of a UCF feel to it because of who their coach is than a Memphis or Purdue kind of talent gap. And yes those UCF teams I know had a a couple of high NFL draft picks but you know what I mean. I just do not feel great about this.

Just now, AUwent said:

I'll pass on Cotton. Team that has to play the G5 rep is always at a huge disadvantage in terms of enthusiasm.

Looks like our boys were hyped as hell to play in that game by how they reacted being left out of it.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

The talent gap is wide. No doubt.  But it gives me more of a UCF feel to it because of who their coach is than a Memphis or Purdue kind of talent gap. And yes those UCF teams I know had a a couple of high NFL draft picks but you know what I mean. I just do not feel great about this.

Probably more like when we played Northwestern.  Just depends on if we're motivated.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Looks like our boys were hyped as hell to play in that game by how they reacted being left out of it.

I get why they want to play in the Cotton, but in all reality, Dallas sucks as a bowl destination.  At least in Tampa they get to go to Busch Gardens and the beach.

Just now, AURaptor said:

So... it's not the destination or the competition so much as the NYD 6 cred? 

For the players I am guessing they want to be on the biggest stage possible and they probaly loved how cool it was to play at the Cowboys stadium and how unbelievably nice it was when we had the season opener there.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

For the players I am guessing they want to be on the biggest stage possible and they probaly loved how cool it was to play at the Cowboys stadium and how unbelievably nice it was when we had the season opener there.

Look how enthusiastic we were the last time we played in an NY6 game. And once again we would've been the G5 rep's opponent.

Are those rankings crap? Probably. But if they aren't getting up to play in Tampa I have no sympathy for them.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I get that. But is a fancy stadium and big stage really what motivates them? 

Playing in ATL didn't motivate them to win in Mercedes Benz so far. Just sayin'. 

Get 10 wins. Show the world that you're better than going 1-3 vs the top 10 teams.  Get angry, do what ever, but if they whine too much, it'll only justify sending them to Tampa and not Dallas. 

15 minutes ago, AURealist said:

michigan v uat       smh

Announcers will slobber over a Saban/Harbaugh matchup. Finebaum will probably do a live broadcast.

2 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

I get that. But is a fancy stadium and big stage really what motivates them? 

Playing in ATL didn't motivate them to win in Mercedes Benz so far. Just sayin'. 

Get 10 wins. Show the world that you're better than going 1-3 vs the top 10 teams.  Get angry, do what ever, but if they whine too much, it'll only justify sending them to Tampa and not Dallas. 

Totally different situation. Went from losing in the SEC Champ game and being in the playoff to the... Peach Bowl playing in the same building where all your dreams were crushed.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Look how enthusiastic we were the last time we played in an NY6 game. And once again we would've been the G5 rep's opponent.

Are those rankings crap? Probably. But if they aren't getting up to play in Tampa I have no sympathy for them.

Clearly this team is bred differently. Also it is a different situation where we are going in to our bowl game having won our last game. Look at the reaction from our players. They wanted this bad. You can only go by what we have seen so far. Going from the Cotton Bowl to the Outback is a huge step down.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Totally different situation. Went from losing in the SEC Champ game and being in the playoff to the... Peach Bowl playing in the same building where all your dreams were crushed.

Not to mention that Atlanta is in their back yard and isn't really a reward for a good season.

Once again. Got no sympathy for them if they can't get up for this. Plus our two most hated rivals aren't playing for it all this time.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Not to mention that Atlanta is in their back yard and isn't really a reward for a good season.

AND we were going to be back there for the first game of 2018!!! lol so yah a lot of stuff were working against us with the Peach Bowl. We played 3 straight games in 1 building that was not our home stadium.

Just now, AUwent said:

Once again. Got no sympathy for them if they can't get up for this.

hahaha I feel like there is this same debate every year. We trot it back out and dust off this debate always around this time of year.

Are we really considering denying Arryn Sippos the pleasure of an Outback Bowl experience? For shame! 😂

I think we should play him on Offense AND Defense for this game!

The talk about AU losing to UCF because of motivation was just an excuse. AU was tied 3-3 after the first quarter. AU lost to the inferior team with a part time coach because of a poor game plan and lack of adjustments. Slow developing plays into the face of a speed defense. It was a terribly called game.

Free Bloomin' Onions for all at your local Outback, wear your gear...

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

AND we were going to be back there for the first game of 2018!!! lol so yah a lot of stuff were working against us with the Peach Bowl. We played 3 straight games in 1 building that was not our home stadium.

And none of those things are working against us here. So zero excuses.

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

And none of those things are working against us here. So zero excuses.

lol you are relentless you know that? R E L A X. We got another month almost till the game. Leave some bullets in the chamber for other sparring rounds! lmao We are much more talented than Minny. We should win. I think we will win. But it will probaly be a uninspiring performance. I just know as a fan I am so blaaaaaaaaaah about this game. I wonder how our crowd will be. 

We should be playing Meechigan, but the lure of putting two egos the size of Harbaugh and Saban together in one stadium, along with the ensuing sound bytes was just to good to pass up.

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

We should be playing Meechigan, but the lure of putting two egos the size of Harbaugh and Saban together in one stadium, along with the ensuing sound bytes was just to good to pass up.

Bama is going to beat them about as bad as they did the other Michigan in 2010 in that bowl. Game will be over by halftime. Hope it was worth it for those bowl officials.........

35 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I get why they want to play in the Cotton, but in all reality, Dallas sucks as a bowl destination.  At least in Tampa they get to go to Busch Gardens and the beach.

Good point. Familiarity breeding contempt is at play, even in me, partially. Seems recent, so seems less energizing. That succession of Atlanta visits was the devil, though. 

Archived