The actual PLAY OF THE GAME was...

AUfaninNM

...Bama's 3rd & goal with 2:14 remaining.  Mac Jones' pass is deflected by DB right back into Jones' hands, so Jones decides to try & advance it & ends up losing a yard.  The next down was the FG that doinked off the left upright that we all went ba-zonkers over.  But if Jones instead lets the pass fall to the ground incomplete, Bulovas kicks the FG from a yard closer & instead of doinking, it would've hooked inside the upright to tie the game & likely go into OT (in which case, heck they might still be playing right now).

So a big thank you to Mac Jones for that one!  It truly is a game of inches.

Watch the re-play.....If the ball had not been batted, it was going back to house....Dinson had him baited and had broke on the ball, and IF he hangs on to the interception, it was going to be pick 6 #3

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

Watch the re-play.....If the ball had not been batted, it was going back to house....Dinson had him baited and had broke on the ball, and IF he hangs on to the interception, it was going to be pick 6 #3

I wish someone could post that look. I don't have the replay.

7 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

That is 100% true. Said that when it happened.

For all the crap some folks want to give the defense for allowing Bama Wrs to run all over them the defense held when it mattered.

44 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

A 3rd Pick 6 would have been AUsome to watch.  However, had it happened, we would have missed out on the missed field goal & the 12th man debacle.

44 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

For all the crap some folks want to give the defense for allowing Bama Wrs to run all over them the defense held when it mattered.

Pretty much...... but I was really happy that our D did not have to stop one last bama drive with 2 minutes left in the game...:)   JMO but the game was still up in the air right up until that yellow flag hit the ground for the "12th man" violation by bama.    Heckuva a game ….

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

Yep I saw that too.  3 pick sixes would have been so much fun.  That stadium would have exploded.  Not that it didn’t Go nuts with the Doink 

I am glad saban has to endure all the unfairness too

One underrated thing that happened was Big Kat’s pass rush on the zakoby pick 6. Big Kat got back there so fast it threw the timing off which is why Jones forced it and Harris didn’t turn around quick enough 

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Indeed they did!

Kudo's to the Defense.

Archived