Null



Sign in to follow this  
BJCrawford

Jake Bentley transferring from SC

Recommended Posts

I remember when we lost Muschamp and Bentley’s father (and a couple of other assistants), as well as a shot at Bentley the QB. Many (including me) thought this was a really bad thing for Auburn.  Goes to show we can never tell how things will really turn out (btw this has nothing to do with the Gus debate). Muschamp holding on by a thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




I think unless Muschamp has a solid winning season next year. He will be gone. Geeze.....I have never seen so many coaching changes in one year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was listening to The Drive the other day and Bill Cameron was hearing rumor from a contact in T-town that Bentley could look at transferring to Auburn. It's a highly skeptical rumor but I think it could be worth it to both parties to consider.

It would help to have an experienced backup option behind Bo even on a one-year term, keep in mind we lost one scholarship QB in Gatewood and one Walk-on in Appleton so depth is of some concern. And for that matter Jake may even feel he's better than Bo and could provide solid competition.

Also considering that the NFL most likely isn't going to be his future destination, he may feel like pursuing his master's degree near the place he called home during his highschool.

Again, I find it highly unlikely but I wouldn't be surprised if the coaching staff reaches out to him

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Was listening to The Drive the other day and Bill Cameron was hearing rumor from a contact in T-town that Bentley could look at transferring to Auburn. It's a highly skeptical rumor but I think it could be worth it to both parties to consider.

It would help to have an experienced backup option behind Bo even on a one-year term, keep in mind we lost one scholarship QB in Gatewood and one Walk-on in Appleton so depth is of some concern. And for that matter Jake may even feel he's better than Bo and could provide solid competition.

Also considering that the NFL most likely isn't going to be his future destination, he may feel like pursuing his master's degree near the place he called home during his highschool.

Again, I find it highly unlikely but I wouldn't be surprised if the coaching staff reaches out to him

Guess that's possible but the guy has been injury prone since HS.    Can't see him taking the #1 slot but would be nice to have him as a back-up while he works on his Masters Degree and give the incoming guy a chance to redshirt. .   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 2:32 PM, doc4aday said:

I think unless Muschamp has a solid winning season next year. He will be gone. Geeze.....I have never seen so many coaching changes in one year.

He should be gone this year and no one should have ever thought he has any head coaching potential. One day he'll actually accept that he's a phenomenal DC and needs to leave the HC job to someone else. Still pissed at him for leaving Auburn and us having to pay him anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Was listening to The Drive the other day and Bill Cameron was hearing rumor from a contact in T-town that Bentley could look at transferring to Auburn. It's a highly skeptical rumor but I think it could be worth it to both parties to consider.

It would help to have an experienced backup option behind Bo even on a one-year term, keep in mind we lost one scholarship QB in Gatewood and one Walk-on in Appleton so depth is of some concern. And for that matter Jake may even feel he's better than Bo and could provide solid competition.

Also considering that the NFL most likely isn't going to be his future destination, he may feel like pursuing his master's degree near the place he called home during his highschool.

Again, I find it highly unlikely but I wouldn't be surprised if the coaching staff reaches out to him

Not a chance in hell he'd come here to be a backup and he's not going to start over Bo. He'll go somewhere he can start. Still has strange delusions of being an NFL talent. Go to an AAC school that throws a lot like Houston/Cinci/USF/FAU/UAB or somewhere small and go look like a stud. Don't ride the bench or pull a Kelly Bryant and stay in a major conference but become completely forgettable.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like I saw the transfer portal had him predicted 100% to Utah. Take that for whatever it’s worth, which may not be much. Christian guy at a Morman school.....I don’t know.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

Seems like I saw the transfer portal had him predicted 100% to Utah. Take that for whatever it’s worth, which may not be much. Christian guy at a Morman school.....I don’t know.

#1--Mormonism is a form of Christianity.

#2--Utah isn't the Mormon school.

Edited by AUwent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AUwent said:

#1--Mormonism is a form of Christianity.

#2--Utah isn't the Mormon school.

#1--There’s a very big difference between being a biblical Christian and being a Mormon.
It’s a totally different concept of who Jesus is, who man is, who God is, how we fit in the universe, how we get right with God. In Mormonism it all hinges on participation in the Mormon Temple ritual; in Christianity it all hinges on throwing ourselves on the mercy of God and claiming Christ as savior.

           While Mormon's are good people and some of the nicest that I know, I would not characterized them as being biblical Christians.

         

           #2--  You are correct, BYU (95%) , University of Utah (50%) , and Utah State (35%) are the major schools in the state.   62% of the state of Utah are Mormon.

 

Jake Bentley is not a Mormon, that is why it caught my eye that they predicted 100% Utah

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, roe4christ said:
#1--There’s a very big difference between being a biblical Christian and being a Mormon.
It’s a totally different concept of who Jesus is, who man is, who God is, how we fit in the universe, how we get right with God. In Mormonism it all hinges on participation in the Mormon Temple ritual; in Christianity it all hinges on throwing ourselves on the mercy of God and claiming Christ as savior.

           While Mormon's are good people and some of the nicest that I know, I would not characterized them as being biblical Christians.

         

           #2--  You are correct, BYU (95%) , University of Utah (50%) , and Utah State (35%) are the major schools in the state.   62% of the state of Utah are Mormon.

 

Jake Bentley is not a Mormon, that is why it caught my eye that they predicted 100% Utah

I don’t think anyone else will try to argue theology with you anymore, lol

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see him as being a prospect for Auburn, and religion has nothing to do with this, so why is that even being discussed here?

And BTW, my mother = Mormon and I STILL don't think religion is relevant to this thread. I politely suggest you take it elsewhere.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, roe4christ said:
#1--There’s a very big difference between being a biblical Christian and being a Mormon.
 

Yup. It's like Star Trek vs. Galaxy Quest.  Both good stories...but different. (Feel like I should work Monty Python's "Life of Brian" in here somehow...)

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Heard it mentioned in an Auburn podcast that Bentley to LSU to take Burrows spot is something to watch out for.

Interesting. If so I look forward to our much improved secondary picking him off three times in Jordan Hare next year 😁

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, alexava said:

So he is Mormon ! 

Utes makes me think of the Pesci movie that title totally escapes me.......😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Utes makes me think of the Pesci movie that title totally escapes me.......😂

My Cousin Vinny.....Carry on. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, alexava said:

I was just being a smartass. 

No offense taken.  Just showing what a great family they are.

War Eagle!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, alexava said:

I just think about grits when that movie comes up. 

I wonder if a deer really cares what kind of pants you are wearing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 degrees before top dead center. I shot the clerk. Will any lawyer do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this