Gus and Kodi Burns before the half

AUTigerTime

Anyone have any info on what was happening before the half where we had to burn 2 timeouts and Gus was chewing out Kodi Burns? I haven't seen anything explaining the miscommunication. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I don’t recall seeing that, but if he was chewing Kodi out, I have to assume his receivers weren’t lined up correctly. 

The timeouts were called because we were about to have a delay of game twice...in the same drive. It seemed to be that Kodi was relaying the play too slow or something for them to run it. I'm fairly sure it was before the half. I could be wrong though.

I was in the stadium and saw it on the Jumbotron. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I love our media team though - they also showed BOOBEE and then he swung so they quickly switched to something else. 

and yes, Kodi wasn’t backing down from whatever the discussion was. 

If I remember correctly I think Gus mentioned something about subbing and personnel driving the costly time outs. But being out one and two others spotty the whole game made it harder. Gotta put the extra emphasis on it and that was probably tasked to Kodi.

As an assistant, you should just take it and then revisit it after the game. I thought it was a bad look for Kodi. JMO

Archived