Matt Luke

AUDub

I feel like our offensive line next year will determine whether we have a let down season or contend. I'm definitely hoping a change is made but highly doubt it. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Who was it.?  ..Tubs maybe having dinner with a bunch of recruits and got up to answer the phone, and did not go back to the group when he took the AU job.  Swear I heard that but might have been a bama "urban legend".  :dunno:

That was when Catfish bolted Texas Tech for Cincy...

24 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Of course, there is no good way to get fired.

I've been fired and I've fired people...... and I will tell you for sure …...it was much harder on me to fire someone than to get fired.  :dunno:

41 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The way I heard this tale is when he took the job at Cincinnati.  He was having dinner in Lubbock while recruiting for Texas Tech.  Of course, there is no good way to get fired.

The story was told by the players themselves. He walked out when he accepted the Cincinnati job, didn't wrap up the meal.

1 hour ago, shabby said:

I feel like our offensive line next year will determine whether we have a let down season or contend. 

Said before 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Who was it.?  ..Tubs maybe having dinner with a bunch of recruits and got up to answer the phone, and did not go back to the group when he took the AU job.  Swear I heard that but might have been a bama "urban legend".  :dunno:

At least they did not fire him on the sidelines after a game …..or at the airport on the way home.   Sometimes those divorces are really brutal. 

Think it was to leave Tech for Cincy........Tubs told his Ole Miss team he was not leaving with one foot out the door heading to Auburn.

5 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

I've not seen the Mike Leach thing anywhere else...you'd think that'd be plastered everywhere.

Probably a troll job...my bad. I should’ve looked for other stories to check it out. 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Oh there was definitely a lot of pressure to fire him, since mid-season at least. 

That's about the same thing that was happening with Gus isn't it?  I guess Gus got lucky with the Bama win.  Or maybe I just spend too much time reading these posts.

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Probably a troll job...my bad. I should’ve looked for other stories to check it out. 

I'm glad you posted what you did...that forum is a total S---show. Ole Miss is in total meltdown over Luke getting canned.

25 minutes ago, gulftiger66 said:

That's about the same thing that was happening with Gus isn't it?  I guess Gus got lucky with the Bama win.  Or maybe I just spend too much time reading these posts.

I think he was going to be sticking around another year even if he lost. 

If we got blown out, who knows.

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I don't know a single Ole Miss fan who wanted us (Ole Miss grad here) to keep him, fwiw. 

Not what I have heard.  

I’m on board with this hire - I remember the OL at Ole Miss being pretty good while he was OL coach. He also coached, and I imagine helped recruit, Laremy Tunsil and Greg Little. We need a OL coach that can develop and recruit.

Gus should be able to make a quick phone call to his buddy Hugh Freeze to find out if this would be a good hire or not.

I’m curious to see if anyone has anything negative to say about Gus making this hire.

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Not what I have heard.  

There's a difference between people liking him, and not thinking he was a good enough coach. 

I have a pretty good feel for the pulse of Ole Miss fans.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

At least they did not fire him on the sidelines after a game …..or at the airport on the way home.   Sometimes those divorces are really brutal. 

That's how rumours get started... I heard that's what happened between his Texas Tech and Cincinnati jobs lol

Just now, tigeraddikt said:

That's how rumours get started... I heard that's what happened between his Texas Tech and Cincinnati jobs lol

Thanks...someone corrected me earlier.....now I recall it was the "pine box" comment from Tubs before coming to AU from Ole Miss....

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

There's a difference between people liking him, and not thinking he was a good enough coach. 

I have a pretty good feel for the pulse of Ole Miss fans.

Sometimes you scare me and I worry you like Ole Miss more than our beloved ol AU!!!!! lol. PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME OTHERWISE SIR!!!!! PUT ME OUT OF MUHHH MISERY!!! hahaha 

gjtytyu.gif

gfgffg.gif

erewr.gif

bvbvbtgf.gif

Just now, AU64 said:

Thanks...someone corrected me earlier.....now I recall it was the "pine box" comment from Tubs before coming to AU from Ole Miss....

Yeah, apparently Tubbs had a unique way of changing jobs.

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Luke needed to go, badly. Frankly, I'm shocked at all the surprise I've read and heard in reaction to his firing. 

Luke was Ole Miss' version of Mike Shula...a place keeper during probation.

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

yes i heard tubs walked out as well. who knows the truth? people called him a liar when he left ol miss after saying he would never leave but in truth the university promised a huge upgrade to the facilities and after they put him off for the second or third time he left.

And I heard that the plane that picked him up in Oxford was named "Pine Box"...but who really knows...

Archived