Matt Luke

AUDub

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

There's a difference between people liking him, and not thinking he was a good enough coach. 

I have a pretty good feel for the pulse of Ole Miss fans.

That's good with me.....always useful to get honest and informed views of other schools/fans.  

I try to stay informed a bit about other schools and it's pretty obvious that many AU people "think" they know what is going on elsewhere but mostly we are just guessing.   This works as long as the comments are not argumentative....which is why I like the Arky pig who is on here regularly.   Seems like a good guy and does not come looking for a fight.

Thanks B..

1 hour ago, Tigger1985 said:

If nothing else bring him on as an advisor to help Jb recruit

Yeah before Saban hires him as 1 of their 100 coaches. Wonder if Butch Jones is still there? Heck Saban probably doesn’t know who alls on his staff. When he runs into Butch Jones it’s probably like finding a dollar in your pocket you didn’t know you had. Oh sweet a dolla... can’t do much with it but nice to have.

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Who was it.?  ..Tubs maybe having dinner with a bunch of recruits and got up to answer the phone, and did not go back to the group when he took the AU job.  Swear I heard that but might have been a bama "urban legend".  :dunno:

At least they did not fire him on the sidelines after a game …..or at the airport on the way home.   Sometimes those divorces are really brutal. 

I thought that happened when he was at Texas Tech and answered a call that he had been hired at Cincinnati. 

Had an Ole Miss buddy tell me Luke was about to get fired as Oline coach before getting the head coach position.  I don’t know how credible that info is.

52 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Yeah before Saban hires him as 1 of their 100 coaches. Wonder if Butch Jones is still there? Heck Saban probably doesn’t know who alls on his staff. When he runs into Butch Jones it’s probably like finding a dollar in your pocket you didn’t know you had. Oh sweet a dolla... can’t do much with it but nice to have.

You can bet Saban will be hunting an OL coach this year. Probably is already. That might have been the OL with the most false starts in the SEC this year. 

21 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Any misstep from Ole Miss would probably get them hammered(again). Perhaps the only reason they were successful under Freeze was because they did cheat to get recruits?

And you really put Saban behind Orgeron and Freeze?

Coach O deserves to be first for hiring Brady. The only reason Saban or anyone ever stopped LSU is their QB play. Maybe it seems overbearing and early to crown him for something so simple, but there’s really no way for their offense to severely drop off with their almighty skill position talent they’ve had for however many years counting. 
I put Freeze above Saban because Freeze outcoached the hell out of Saban. He finished 2-2 against Nick before being fired and I believe one of those years was with Bo Wallace at QB. That alone puts him ahead of whoever he needs to be ahead by. That putrid Arkansas upset cost him a likely SEC championship win in 2015 which would’ve made him maybe one of the best coaches of the millennium, when factoring in the job. 

I’m of the opinion that probably every elite SEC school cheats to some degree, so that’s why I completely separate that talent when evaluating his coaching ability. Even with cheating, being able to convince someone to live in Mississippi is impressive 

Archived