AuburnTiger4Life

What say you?   

88 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

• I’m back on the bus
    • I’m still not on the bus
    • I’m undecided

43 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Good to know.. I was responding to what fifty posted. I have no idea if it was said or not. 

I heard the interview and I believe he was talking about why Chizik was fired only 2 years removed from the national title. He said he was too loyal to a couple of coaches and he took the dagger for them.  Stated that there was other stuff gong on behind the scenes but that he needed to make some suggested changes but would not. I did not hear any f that related to Malzahn.

Again, and I think this deserves repeating, nobody should be on or off the Gus Bus. Support the Auburn brand. If the man is striding towards Auburn's highest potential, support it. If not, then definitely question it. 

11 hours ago, AuMarine said:

Who is Gus trying to hire or fire? So if he is trying to fire say.. Kevin Steele, I hope someone slaps some sense into him.. but honestly, I wonder about those comments as well. And if this is true, this is where I have a problem with our PTB.. if you are going to keep Gus at least let the man run his program the way he sees fit, let him hire and fire and whatever else he wants to do. We already know his offense isn’t going to change .. it is what it is and Gus taking over the play calling duties hasn’t changed anything. But having a head coach who is handcuffed as coach Dye suggest, is not good and I hope we are not doing that. As much as I want Gus gone, what would a new coach do if he is being handcuffed? This is why we will probably never get a big time coach.. and if it is not true, coach Dye shouldn’t be saying that. 

maybe i miss heard but i do not think so. it was close to when dye said fans should get behind gus because he did not have control over a lot of things and the hiring and firing thing was mentioned. i have looked for the clip in the media section and i could not find it. but people on here like to make you out a liar or something bad on here. i do not intentionally set out to lie  or throw crap around just to see if it will stick. maybe finebaum will play the clip on his show today and someone will hear it. i have to take a friend to a late docs appointment and then to pick up meds so i will miss it.

I'm not on anything. I give him credit with the good stuff and I speak on dumb stuff....period. There's no sides.....I react daily to what I see. If I chose a side then I'd be giving up one of those rights. To be blind one way or the other is stupid IMO

Gus Bus-  Wonder who invented the phrase and was it meant to be a negative or positive phrase? Over the years though it has turned into a mockery.  I explained my feelings.  As long as he is coach, and we are competitive and still got $$ ( lots) committed to him and others salary wise I say ride THAT BUS.  And my answer to those who somehow NOW DEDUCE  that Bama was a weak team(  Gus hatred magnified)  I say get a life.   That team offensively especially at the skilled positions is like none before them and it will probably be a while before you see anything like them again.  There is a reason they averaged almost 50 points a game and it was not an easy schedule..  

I think once again you have to be frustrated at what Gus can do, and why it does not happen consistently.  He is a winner.  He does it right and is an asset to any program.  He is just so cottonpickin hardheaded!!

I'm not on the bus, but I am resigned that he will be our football coach for another year or four. His style of football is very difficult for me to watch and enjoy, so I'm not thrilled about it and I don't think he's a coach who is going to get us into the playoff picture, but Saturday's game did clearly demonstrate for me how hard his players work for him and that, at least, is something I like to see. I hope it grows and ultimately proves me wrong about him. 

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

maybe i miss heard but i do not think so. it was close to when dye said fans should get behind gus because he did not have control over a lot of things and the hiring and firing thing was mentioned. i have looked for the clip in the media section and i could not find it. but people on here like to make you out a liar or something bad on here. i do not intentionally set out to lie  or throw crap around just to see if it will stick. maybe finebaum will play the clip on his show today and someone will hear it. i have to take a friend to a late docs appointment and then to pick up meds so i will miss it.

No problem fifty.. You are a stand up guy and if you said you heard that, I have no reason not to believe you. I did not listen to it so I have no idea. I was just offering up my opinion "if" it was true. 

I’ve been off the bus for a while but I’m back on the fence.  Although I’m thrilled about beating bammur, I realize that there are still a number of issues that need to be addressed with our offense prior to next season.  Particularly with the OL.  I don’t think there’s a proven HC available so I’m ok with letting Gus try to fix the problems, but I fear that we may be in for more of the same old Gus, so I remain very skeptical.  

I'd be more inclined to get back on if we would approach every game like we have to win it rather than Gus playing with his food vs certain opponents that end up biting us in the butt. Him relying on stuff we haven't run all season to unveil them in big games hurts us. Things like running slants and throwing intermediate/short throws and other basic stuff like that -- I'm not even talking about the trick plays. 

The best thing about Gus to me, is that he seems to bring out the worst in Saban. It has got to drive Saban nuts in some of the ways he's lost to Gus.

Gus made positive changes this year away from things to be complained about in the past.  I still question some things.  I’ve always been miffed we let the guy learn on the job.  7 years in and we should be beyond “learning” but only evolving.

his trend this year was positive.  Looks like we’ll get to see his 8th year.

the bowl game this year means something.  Double digit wins should be the basement for the Auburn program.

8 hours ago, oracle79 said:

The best thing about Gus to me, is that he seems to bring out the worst in Saban. It has got to drive Saban nuts in some of the ways he's lost to Gus.

Gus, anytime someone mentions Saban & Jimbo.

giphy (1).gif

5 hours ago, selias said:

I didn't hop off the bus based on 1 game, I'm certainly not getting back on because of 1 game.

Excellent point.

On 12/2/2019 at 7:18 PM, ChltteTiger said:

I watched the Dye interview- somebody posted it in the Media board here. Nowhere did Pat say people were trying to  keep Gus from hiring and firing anyone! More rumors and baloney!

i looked and there is no finebaum podcast on the media matters so how about a link?

I have never seen anything that indicates Gus is not 100% in control of hiring of his assistants.  I can’t imagine us having a better defensive staff.  We know Gus hired Grimes back and we know he hired Dilly last year.  Does someone think he is being forced to keep Kodi on staff?  Or maybe he wanted to bring in Freeze last year as an analyst and wasn’t allowed to do it?  I don’t get who it would possibly be?  Sounds like baloney to me.

• 4 weeks later...

**** Gus. We have to stop letting Iron Bowls determine what we do with a head coach.

Bottom line is we went 2-4 this year in our ¨money games¨ against ranked opponents. Right? Is that acceptable? I know we played a tough schedule but this is the pattern we have seen from Gus since he got to AU. He is unable to maintain anything close to an acceptable level of consistency, not excellence, but just consistency, that merits being one of the highest paid coaches in the country.

Archived