Sunshine Pumpers / Gus Supporters

Zeek

18 hours ago, rockfordpi said:

Some of these people were responsible for the ridiculous rumor intentionally put out last year that CGM had agreed to take a lesser buyout in order to keep his job

How would this rumor 1) get rid of Gus and 2) hurt Auburn in the process?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bus, bus, magic bus,

I’m all in on my man Gus!

May not have won ev’ry game, 

But he beat bama once again!

F8F6B415-5A33-4F28-B3FE-F17CD91F339D.jpeg

On 12/3/2019 at 12:59 PM, gr82be said:

Again, most here want Gus to succeed. Whether he does or not is up to him. He keeps adding the talent but we aren't reaching the overall potential. 

giphy (3).gif

You win.  This is the best image I've ever seen to characterize Gus as a $7m a year program leader.     

On 12/4/2019 at 8:13 AM, aubiefifty said:

hey man throw an auburn brother her numba........lol

Fifty, once again confirming your perv status...  😈

On 12/4/2019 at 9:40 AM, gr82b4au said:

This is such a complex subject. He has a few flaws that I see:

1) Just my opinion - I hate the HUNH. Look at the iron bowl - every time we pick up a first down we run it the next play and we gain 1 yard. It is criminal how many plays we waste on first down instead of huddling and coming up with a good play.  It.drives.me.crazy! Other than that garbage, I feel that the play calling can be good/very good at times. I even saw several slants this year and very few WR screens. Just stop with the HUNH-RUN-IT-UP-THE-MIDDLE-ON-FIRST-DOWN. PLEASE!!! 

2) The real root problem - Terrible OL play/recruiting for YEARS. Whether it is because we have hired bad recruiters, we are bad at scouting, we give poor coaching once they arrive, or we lost all top recruits to others, something is terribly wrong with the OL. We can pull a few 4 and 5 star players at just about every position, but when it comes to the OL, we just struggle terribly. It has not been fixed in years and Gus needs to do something about it. 

3) He has to beat Uga. That game has been his undoing and is the reason I hopped off of the bus years ago. 

The good: He wins, the players love him, he recruits very well (other than OL), he is not going to embarrass the university, and at TIMES he looks like a mad scientist genius. I also like the fact that alabama fans hate his guts. I also feel that we play the toughest schedule in the country year in and year out. To me - he has the hardest job CFB in America. Yes there are other places where it is harder to win games, like Rutgers, Vandy, etc,  but the AU coach is expected to win/compete for championships every year even though there are years like this when we played #2, #4, #9, 12 haha, and #13. And those are end of season rankings meaning that they were great teams. I know it comes with the job but it is freaking tough.

All your points are dead on.  Only other point on schedule: He new what the schedule looked like when he accepted $7m a year.  You either own it or go someplace else...

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

How would this rumor 1) get rid of Gus and 2) hurt Auburn in the process?

Simple.  It sends the message to recruits (via our rivals) that Gus's job is not secure and he may be leaving sooner now that his buyout had (allegedly) dropped.  Losing recruits and realizing that some of the Powers that be want him gone so badly that they are willing to hurt the program and make it impossible for him to succeed, he sees the writing on  the wall and negotiates a buyout or takes another job. That was the goal, Gus did not bite and held firm with class.

Sound like a wild conspiracy theory of which AU powers that be would not be a part? See Jetgate. 

• 10 months later...

Y'all are tripping hard. I am a known pessimist.  Here's the thing that baffles me about bashing CGM. You demand he gets the defense right, hires W Muschamp.  Then hires K Steele and everyone's happy. On offense you want him to give up the reins of the offense to R Lashlee and he does but it doesn't go as planned. He hires 3 up and coming OC's because we demand some new blood but that's does not work because of trust issues with CGM. Then you demand he hire a proven OC. Enter Chad Morris, QB guru . Proven OC. Now 3 games in and everyone is loosing it. 3 games in?!?! 

Now I do have a lot of issues with CGM, o line being the biggest by a longshot, and the GA game was by far the worse coaching job I have seen from CGM. Slow starts gets under my skin. There are losses that have frustrated the crap out of me. And wins that we had no business winning. 

Take into account that over the last 5 years have been one of the toughest or the toughest schedules I have seen.

Other that offensive line out recruiting has been better than I can ever remember other than when we had Caddie, Brown and Campbell. 

I am at a wait and see mode but I want to see improvement each week. I am at the end of my patience, believe my I was done after GA. But I had time to think rationally about this season. CGM is on this ice and any other GA games and it's over for me.... regardless.

I'll say the support Malzahn ones had for so long as dwindled since 2015. I'm sure I'm not too far from being spot on. If Since we're paying Malzahn 6 million a year, I want him to beat all the team's on our schedule. Just beating Bammer is NOT enough anymore

6 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Y'all are tripping hard. I am a known pessimist.  Here's the thing that baffles me about bashing CGM. You demand he gets the defense right, hires W Muschamp.  Then hires K Steele and everyone's happy. On offense you want him to give up the reins of the offense to R Lashlee and he does but it doesn't go as planned. He hires 3 up and coming OC's because we demand some new blood but that's does not work because of trust issues with CGM. Then you demand he hire a proven OC. Enter Chad Morris, QB guru . Proven OC. Now 3 games in and everyone is loosing it. 3 games in?!?! 

Now I do have a lot of issues with CGM, o line being the biggest by a longshot, and the GA game was by far the worse coaching job I have seen from CGM. Slow starts gets under my skin. There are losses that have frustrated the crap out of me. And wins that we had no business winning. 

Take into account that over the last 5 years have been one of the toughest or the toughest schedules I have seen.

Other that offensive line out recruiting has been better than I can ever remember other than when we had Caddie, Brown and Campbell. 

I am at a wait and see mode but I want to see improvement each week. I am at the end of my patience, believe my I was done after GA. But I had time to think rationally about this season. CGM is on this ice and any other GA games and it's over for me.... regardless.

A couple of things about this post:

1). I think many of us commend Gus for the ways he went about bettering the defense. A lot of people questioned the CKS hire but production cures all

2). Gus was hired for his offensive prowess. There is legit not a reason for our offense to be this inconsistent.  The last six years have been helter skelter at best. For someone who carries themselves as an offensive guru, it is odd to me he would relinquish reigns, take them back and state he never should've done it and now chooses to give it up again. It is also odd that even though his offense has been highly questionable the last six years, he cannot seem to trust anyone to help him, but cannot crack the code himself.

The frustration stems from him unable to right the ship, although he has been paid a substantial amount to do so. After six years of inconsistency at the offensive end of things from a suppose offensive guru, can you really be surprised that people are that upset? And he is still on thin ice with you? What will it take before he isn't? A losing season? After six years of highly inconsistent performances does not sway you one away or another, I highly doubt much more will. He signed up to be in the toughest conference and get paid quite well for it. When you choose to do that, you have to handle the accolades, responsibilities or critiquing.  Otherwise, he can make much less, give some of that back and go coach the sunbelt with less competition and stress. 

Archived