Sunshine Pumpers / Gus Supporters

Zeek

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

1 every 5 years is success? 20% is the bar you've set for success? 

You're correct though, every year we are in position to have a shot...right up to Halloween.

I know what Gus guarantees, between 4 and 5 losses a year...and you're content with that. I'm not. The school, fans, and especially the players deserve better 

2013 and and 2019 look to disprove your statement. Players seem to like him. The school seems to like him. So who again deserves better?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, shabby said:

2013 and and 2019 look to disprove your statement. Players seem to like him. The school seems to like him. So who again deserves better?

Which statement does it disprove?

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

1 every 5 years is success? 20% is the bar you've set for success? 

You're correct though, every year we are in position to have a shot...right up to Halloween.

I know what Gus guarantees, between 4 and 5 losses a year...and you're content with that. I'm not. The school, fans, and especially the players deserve better 

This reads like most of the UGA fans I hear in my neck of the woods...what we deserve.

George Petrie never said anything about what I deserve.

Losses under Gus

2013: 2

2014: 5

2015: 6

2016: 5

2017: 4 

2018: 5

2019: 3 or 4

30/7 = 4.28

31/7 = 4.42

For 7 years, Gus averages between 4-5 losses a season. 

Career record against SEC opponents: 33-24 

vs. Arkansas: 6-1

vs. Ole Miss: 6-1

vs. Missouri: 2-0

vs. South Carolina: 1-0

vs. Kentucky: 1-0

vs. Vanderbilt: 1-0

vs. Texas A&M: 5-2

vs. Tennessee: 1-1

vs. LSU: 2-5

vs. Mississippi State: 4-3

vs. Alabama: 3-4

vs. Georgia: 2-6*

vs. Florida: 0-1

* Includes 1-1 record in SEC Championship Games

Other coaching stats for Malzahn since taking the Auburn job in 2013:

Record vs. Top 10 opponents: 7-14

Record vs. Top 25 opponents: 18-20

Home Record: 40-10 overall, 18-9 in SEC

Away Record: 15-15 overall, 14-14 in SEC

Neutral site record: 6-5

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

blind cheech marin GIF

Hey I had my millions ready to go on the buyout. Then you guys floated out that idea.... I took a research trip to California, thought what is best for Auburn. So coming to Orange and Blue in 2021:

ucla.jpg

38 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

It's not that simple. Both the adjectives negative and positive are in the eye of the beholder. Context is everything. and spin is spin. 

You'll also find that many who seem "negative" about one life area are described by others as being extremely positive overall...daresay it, even encouragers. That says more about the one area of concern than it does the person.

Outta Likes but Beautifully said. 👍

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

Guaranteed 4 to 5 losses

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Losses under Gus

30/7 = 4.28

31/7 = 4.42

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Losses under Gus

30/7 = 4.28

31/7 = 4.42

Career record against SEC opponents: 33-24 

vs. Arkansas: 6-1

vs. Ole Miss: 6-1

vs. Missouri: 2-0

vs. South Carolina: 1-0

vs. Kentucky: 1-0

vs. Vanderbilt: 1-0

vs. Texas A&M: 5-2

vs. Tennessee: 1-1

vs. LSU: 2-5

vs. Mississippi State: 4-3

vs. Alabama: 3-4

vs. Georgia: 2-6*

vs. Florida: 0-1

* Includes 1-1 record in SEC Championship Games

Other coaching stats for Malzahn since taking the Auburn job in 2013:

Record vs. Top 10 opponents: 7-14

Record vs. Top 25 opponents: 18-20

Home Record: 40-10 overall, 18-9 in SEC

Away Record: 15-15 overall, 14-14 in SEC

Neutral site record: 6-5

You stated guaranteed 4 to 5 loss seasons. That's simply not accurate. That's hyperbole and you just prove my point that people look for extreme positions. Was 2017 guaranteed to have 4 losses? It ended that way but was it guaranteed? Was 2013 guranteed? Is 2019 guranteed? This is you being black and white

Just now, shabby said:

You stated guaranteed 4 to 5 loss seasons. That's simply not accurate. That's hyperbole and you just prove my point that people look for extreme positions. Was 2017 guaranteed to have 4 losses? It ended that way but was it guaranteed? Was 2013 guranteed? Is 2019 guranteed? This is you being black and white

You do know how averages work, right?

Maybe I misspoke. Gus guarantees and avg of 4-5 losses a year. Does that really make it so much better?

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

You do know how averages work, right?

Maybe I misspoke. Gus guarantees and avg of 4-5 losses a year. Does that really make it so much better?

Actually yes. It does. I. Okay with that average considering with bowl games it's a 13 game season. I feel as if there will be more of ymthose seasons and also seasons where we have a decent shot of hitting the National championship

2 hours ago, shabby said:

But success has been undeniable. Devision champion. Conference champion. Title game.  Every year we are in a position to have a shot. Despite the limitations of the coach you mentioned. Do you think another coach guarantees that level of success or greater or even gives us a fair shot at it? I'm content. I understand there is room for growth. I think it is happenni g with Malzahn. 

At what? Every year?

We've only had a shot at Atlanta going into the IB in two out of seven seasons. 

And no other coach guarantees anything. It's what Gus guarantees- multiple unnecessary losses a season- that has been the issue. It's been discussed a LOT, and most of us would be done talking about it if it didn't keep having to be explained.

Opinions dont have to keep being explained just because someone has a differing one. And yours isnt more right than anyone else that is content with the coach. When is the last time you have actually enjoyed Auburn football I wonder

13 minutes ago, shabby said:

Opinions dont have to keep being explained just because someone has a differing one. And yours isnt more right than anyone else that is content with the coach. When is the last time you have actually enjoyed Auburn football I wonder

I enjoyed it the other night. Odd that you'd wonder that.

Did somebody attack your opinion? It seems you have that backwards.

This is an Auburn football board. Maybe you want to post about Auburn football a little more?

17 minutes ago, shabby said:

I’ll take the liberty of answering for my friend @McLoofus here and say I bet he last really enjoyed it on 11/30/19 and since, probably really didn’t enjoy it 11/16/19. Just wild guesses here but I don’t think Loof is looking to hate Auburn when he’s made about 20000 posts about Auburn sports on this board

2 hours ago, shabby said:

But success has been undeniable. Devision champion. Conference champion. Title game.  Every year we are in a position to have a shot. Despite the limitations of the coach you mentioned. Do you think another coach guarantees that level of success or greater or even gives us a fair shot at it? I'm content. I understand there is room for growth. I think it is happenni g with Malzahn. 

For $7 million a year and being the 6th highest paid coach in college football? I'd hardly say Gus has proven he's worth his salary.

During the Tubs era when we beat Bama 6 in a row I was elated. But now looking back on the Tubs era we should have done more than win one SEC title in 2004. Tubs was a good coach but he would always lose one or two games that kept us from winning the SEC West.

It's looking more and more like Gus is another Tuberville, just without the 6 in a row over Bama. Gus is getting paid far too much to basically just beat Bama occasionally.  The fact that so many are seemingly content with that is frustrating to those that want Auburn to take that next step and have sustained success. Our recruiting has been good enough but like bigbird pointed out, it's how the offense is managed that seem to always prevent us from winning big games on a more consistent basis.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I enjoyed it the other night. Odd that you'd wonder that.

Did somebody attack your opinion? It seems you have that backwards.

This is an Auburn football board. Maybe you want to post about Auburn football a little more?

I think you lost the context. Someone stated that "a LOT, and most of us would be done talking about it if it didn't keep having to be explained."

that's condescending on many levels. 

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

I’ll take the liberty of answering for my friend @McLoofus here and say I bet he last really enjoyed it on 11/30/19 and since, probably really didn’t enjoy it 11/16/19. Just wild guesses here but I don’t think Loof is looking to hate Auburn when he’s made about 20000 posts about Auburn sports on this board

I've made 2000 posts about trump on facebook. I hate the bastard. So your point again?

But success has been undeniable. Devision champion. Conference champion. Title game.  Every year we are in a position to have a shot. Despite the limitations of the coach you mentioned. Do you think another coach guarantees that level of success or greater or even gives us a fair shot at it? I'm content. I understand there is room for growth. I think it is happenni g with Malzahn

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

At what? Every year?

We've only had a shot at Atlanta going into the IB in two out of seven seasons. 

And no other coach guarantees anything. It's what Gus guarantees- multiple unnecessary losses a season- that has been the issue. It's been discussed a LOT, and most of us would be done talking about it if it didn't keep having to be explained.

Since I have been watching and cheering for AU (1982) every head coach that AU has hired has reached a level of success equal to or greater than CGM.   Some of those hires have been questionable at best.   I say this to show that just about any decent coach can come to Auburn and have success.   It’s not that difficult to win here.   

Just now, shabby said:

I think you lost the context. Someone stated that "a LOT, and most of us would be done talking about it if it didn't keep having to be explained."

that's condescending on many levels. 

Well, folks keep asking for a coach who is "guaranteed" to do better. Not sure what else I'm supposed to think.

Again, the divide here isn't between people who like Gus and those who don't. It's between people who offer opinions on Auburn football and those who offer opinions on other football fans. 

But I will ask you again to clarify one of your football opinions. What do we have a shot at every single year? 

9 minutes ago, shabby said:

I've made 2000 posts about trump on facebook. I hate the bastard. So your point again?

My point is someone not being satisfied with the status quo is not equivalent to them hating or not enjoying Auburn/Auburn football. Maybe they just aspire to a little more than really competing for a championship every 5-6 years. Are you that obtuse or just that defensive about Gus?

Just now, fredst said:

My point is just because someone doesn’t think the status quo is what we should accept is equivalent to them hating or not enjoying Auburn/Auburn football. Maybe they just aspire to a little more than really competing for a championship every 5-6 years. Are you that obtuse or just that defensive about Gus?

You know if you have to resort to insults you have zero left to say. And how about you let others respond for themselves. You seem angry

9 minutes ago, shabby said:

Do you equate being dissatisfied with the performance of Auburn's head football coach to hating Auburn football?  

1 hour ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Hey I had my millions ready to go on the buyout. Then you guys floated out that idea.... I took a research trip to California, thought what is best for Auburn. So coming to Orange and Blue in 2021:

ucla.jpg

Hi.

Archived